[solution] "There was a problem communicating with google servers."

Search This thread

enjid

May 1, 2010
Hillsboro, OR
I recently removed knox and rooted my phone following the guide. Worked great... I got into my phone with CM10, except for a constant "There was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later." error message. I thought it was a bad wipe, so I rewiped and reflashed the ROM. No joy. I did a full factory reset from the menu. No joy.

Searching on Google and XDA yielded a lot of messages about the Google servers going down a few years ago. Obviously this wasn't the case. Finally, I found something that worked:

• Disabled 2-step Authentication (mostly to make it easier on myself)
  • Removed the account
  • Cleared the data on the "Google Account Manager"
  • Readded said account

This worked for me. I'm on CM10.2.1-dspr (stable).

CodenameCyborg

Mar 1, 2014
It worked! I reflashed rom and did a lot of things but removing the 2-step verification worked! I love you man! Thx. :D

ramf_od

Apr 16, 2014
don't have 2-step Authentication enabled on my google account...

I recently removed knox and rooted my phone following the guide. Worked great... I got into my phone with CM10, except for a constant "There was a problem communicating with google servers. Try again later." error message. I thought it was a bad wipe, so I rewiped and reflashed the ROM. No joy. I did a full factory reset from the menu. No joy.

Searching on Google and XDA yielded a lot of messages about the Google servers going down a few years ago. Obviously this wasn't the case. Finally, I found something that worked:

• Removed the account
  • Readded said account

Hi, I don't have 2-step Authentication enabled on my google account...
this is a newly flashed rom on this phone (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589303) - every thing is o.k. but I cant connect to the google play / add new account to the phone etc...
i get error:
"there was a problem communicating with google servers/ try again later"

installing the Google Play Store 4.6.16 did not help - still the same error.
can you help??

Last edited:

Lange-199

Apr 28, 2014
Rotterdam
this is a newly flashed rom on this phone (from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589303) - every thing is o.k. but I cant connect to the google play / add new account to the phone etc...
i get error:

can you help??

I don't know if you've fixed this already, but I deleted the data and cache of every Google app and I'd worked.

ady0291

Dec 4, 2013
can't sign/communicate in to google server

It Worked!!! i was losing hope on this phone :D
Google PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and the first link is the one you need :D

Man how to install this .apk when my phone have no file manager ?
plz help.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I dont have file manager on my phone, google play store not working, can't sign in to google. How to install this .apk file ?
PLease help guys....

sakgt302

Sep 11, 2014
Man how to install this .apk when my phone have no file manager ?
plz help.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

I dont have file manager on my phone, google play store not working, can't sign in to google. How to install this .apk file ?
PLease help guys....

simply install apkinstaller(google it) on your PC and instal .apk file through your PC.:)

kirovnet

Sep 17, 2010
Laval
Thanks for the info.
I solved it by installing PrebuiltGmsCore.apk from here * can't post the link...
Thanks again,
Ram

Thanks , i installed the Google PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and it worked .. :)
Rebooted my phone after the installation of Google PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and reinstalled the latest Gapps in recovery mode + clear dalvik cache...

Thanks for the Tip.

bling8d

Feb 7, 2011

• Removed the account
  • Readded said account

I did that on my m8 and could login but now I still have an error. When I open the store I get "check out connection and try again". If I click help it crashes. And If I search for an app it finds nothing : (
any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the info.

I don't know if you've fixed this already, but I deleted the data and cache of every Google app and I'd worked.

Thanks for the info.
    I solved it by installing PrebuiltGmsCore.apk from here * can't post the link...
    Thanks again,
    Ram

• Removed the account
    • Readded said account

i get error:

can you help??

correct gapps

The same error happened to me when I was trying to use the most recent gapps that cyanogenmod links to when I needed an older version
    Thanks for the info.
    Thanks again,
    Ram

OMG Thx alot man you save my life

i had this error for about 2 weeks can't sign in google account....

and now just simply reinstal the PrebuiltGmsCore.apk it work again like charm