[ROM][VIEW][HC][ACS]CleverNameHere Rom RLS 2 Beta 3 - Posted 1/3/12

Search This thread

mumboender

Jun 18, 2007
Simi Valley, CA
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
Some notes on this ROM...I am stll new to the view just got it Friday and upgraded and rooted via Globaltron's method and flashed this ROM Yesterday...

All functions seem to be functioning fine, in fact wifi seems a bit more reliable than stock. Definately less lag than stock its noticeable in the honeycomb launcher and task switcher.

Touchdown for tablets locks up, but touchdown for phones works just fine.
Hullified flash fix works! Yay because it didn't work in stock...
Dolphin HD locks up but I think it locked up in stock honeycomb too...
Shadowgun and GT3 only work on the initial releases. When I try to upgrade on the market they
lockup and reset the device. Thankfully I kept the original apks!
plants vs zombies works
Charlie Brown Christmas doesn't...
Netflix is way better than on stock as you no longer need to be so precise when selecting titles and.
scrolling is smoother
Thumb keyboard 4 works...

All in all very nice! Can't wait for the next release.

Last edited:

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
Some notes on this ROM...I am stll new to the view just got it Friday and upgraded and rooted via Globaltron's method and flashed this ROM Yesterday...

All functions seem to be functioning fine, in fact wifi seems a bit more reliable than stock. Definately less lag than stock its noticeable in the honeycomb launcher and task switcher.

Touchdown for tablets locks up, but touchdown for phones works just fine.
Hullified flash fix works! Yay because it didn't work in stock...
Dolphin HD locks up but I think it locked up in stock honeycomb too...
Shadowgun and GT3 only work on the initial releases. When I try to upgrade on the market they
lockup and reset the device. Thankfully I kept the original apks!
plants vs zombies works
Charlie Brown Christmas doesn't...
Netflix is way better than on stock as you no longer need to be so precise when selecting titles and.
scrolling is smoother
Thumb keyboard 4 works...

All in all very nice! Can't wait for the next release.

Bluetooth is good to go with A2DP, I'm in a place roaming right now with no problems on 3G or 4G (i tested 4G before I Left Atlanta), smooth transitions, removed bloatware with no issues, I had a problem with the gallery when I tried to play a .mkv file, but that may be bc the torrent file I have is corrupted, lol.
I'm testing Hidebar on this rom with the developer to get it working, so once I have got a solid run with it, i'll see about getting permission to post the .apk to get everybody a good free fullscreen solution.
@contra Interested in incorporating hidebar in your rom? :D

D

Deleted member 2173701

I had to take the same shortcut he did on voicesearch. not totally happy with it, but no matter what method I tried to deodex it, it always failed.

i really think the issue here is a simple one.

i got it to deodex by using a different api level. i figured the api level would be 13 since the whole rom is 3.2, however i believe its only been optimized for android 2.3.7 (since last update is on june 21).

ill try tomorrow when i get off of work (new job so i havent had any time to work on my rom :( ) but ill drop the api levels down to 11 or 12 or even 10 to see if it will go through without having any errors then and keep you posted.

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
If you want a Stock HC look on top of HC sense with this rom, I found out I can achieve this simply with 4 files.

Launcher2.apk from google HC 3.2 api13
Gallery.apk from google HC 3.2 api13
SystemUI.apk from DeSensified Flyer
framework-res.apk from DeSensified Flyer

and the View gets pretty much all of basic HC, if you want pen support then switch back to Sense launcher. :)

288sfg7.jpg

wldceu.jpg

newdey

Feb 7, 2007
Washington DC
If you want a Stock HC look on top of HC sense with this rom, I found out I can achieve this simply with 4 files.

Launcher2.apk from google HC 3.2 api13
Gallery.apk from google HC 3.2 api13
SystemUI.apk from DeSensified Flyer
framework-res.apk from DeSensified Flyer

and the View gets pretty much all of basic HC, if you want pen support then switch back to Sense launcher. :)

How did you get this to work? I tried pushing through root explorer and got a boot loop. Do I need to decompile the ROM then replace the files that way then zip back up and flash? Thanks.

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
How did you get this to work? I tried pushing through root explorer and got a boot loop. Do I need to decompile the ROM then replace the files that way then zip back up and flash? Thanks.

Not sure how you got a bootloop, sorry to hear that happened. I just use adb push and it works fine. I'll attach all the files you'd need to get this working on this CNH rom, install each as applicable as you wish. Remember to back up your existing stuff.

SystemUI.apk is mandatory for the HC home/back/menu and wifi icon, framework-res.apk is needed for the battery icon, and launcher is for you know. The rest you can see what they are.

http://www.multiupload.com/U4576U28X4

Reactions: newdey
I know this is a form of blasphemy but honeycomb sense is a lot more tasteful than the phone variety. I am 100% for user choice though. If you can test it some more, when I go gold on this release I'll link it on the first post with credit all around

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA App

theorie

Jul 3, 2008
New York
Just wanted to say "Thanks!" for the ROM - it's worked great for the past few days that I have been using it.

newdey

Feb 7, 2007
Washington DC
Not sure how you got a bootloop, sorry to hear that happened. I just use adb push and it works fine. I'll attach all the files you'd need to get this working on this CNH rom, install each as applicable as you wish. Remember to back up your existing stuff.

SystemUI.apk is mandatory for the HC home/back/menu and wifi icon, framework-res.apk is needed for the battery icon, and launcher is for you know. The rest you can see what they are.

http://www.multiupload.com/U4576U28X4

Ok I finally figured out my issue....PERMISSIONS!!!! Don;t have a clue how I forgot this one small little step. Damn I feel like such a noob. Anyways all is good and working fine now. Thanks for sharing. And thanks, as always Contra for a killer ROM!

Beta 2 posted. It's got init.d working now, but is still lacking a lot of optimizations. Benchmarks look good though. I'll try to get OP updated after work but if I don't, it should be good to go by tomorrow night at the latest. Going to try getting my ramscript sorted as well as the usual bloat removal tomorrow as well.

immjg

Jan 14, 2010
good to see your still working on it, looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
3 quick questions

1. Any changelog for Beta 2?

2. Can you/will you add a boot animation to this Rom? The one from your GB Rom was pretty cool

3. I am not able to sync all my gmail calendars(holidays and contacts birthdays). Is that an HC issue or something you can modify?

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

3 quick questions

1. Any changelog for Beta 2?

2. Can you/will you add a boot animation to this Rom? The one from your GB Rom was pretty cool

3. I am not able to sync all my gmail calendars(holidays and contacts birthdays). Is that an HC issue or something you can modify?

Sent from my PG41200 using xda premium

1. Working init.d support so my scripts will run.
2. Definitely going to happen soon
3.not sure. All of my calendars appear to be syncing

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CONTRADUDE PRESENTS
    CleverNameHere Rom Release 2 Beta 3

This rom is discontinued as I have moved on to the Nexus 7. God Bless, everyone!

This ROM is based off of the Evo View 4G's 3rd OTA (Honeycomb update) and was created with DSIXDA's rom kitchen. Special thanks to pardonmyfreedom for figuring out the view's mount points, Globatron for S-off, lovethyevo for great advice and assistance with kernel building and Zepplinrox for V6 SuperCharger

Features
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned on boot
    • Ad Free Hosts file added
    • Bash shell & nano installed along with sysro/sysrw scripts
    • Added custom boot animation (found about 4th hand, will give credit when I can find original owner) and switched the shutdown animation to the stock HTC one
    • Filesystem Tweaks
    • V6 Supercharger setting is baked in the /data folder, 1000hp settings enabled with Nitro Lag Nullifier More information here
    • Removed most of the bloatware, I'd love feedback if this isn't enough though
    • Disabled HTC update checking
    • baked in Facebook & Facebook messenger, google+, google voice, ES file explorer, Titanium Backup & Mybackup Root, Onlive Client, Boat Browser, Script Manager and XDA forum browser
    • Enabled bluetooth headset support, haven't tested it but it saw my jawbone and paired with it.

Please help me test this rom while I'm continuing to add features as well as offer suggestions for improvements. I already have a few in mind as well, just need to continue working through them. I'm also looking for anyone who has theming experience since I'm an IT guy and not a graphics designer ;-)
    Downloads

WARNING: betas wipe /data. RC1 will not and will arrive after beta 3 is debugged.

RLS 2 Beta 3 @ Multiupload

Older Releases

RLS 2 Beta 2 @ Multiupload
    RLS 2 Beta 1 @ Multiupload

Screenshots

waiting on screenshots here until the rom has theming built in.

Benchmarks

Coming soon, after my vacation
    Pre-Installation Instructions

Make sure your HTC Evo View 4G is S-off and has a recovery installed, the best way to do that is to follow this guide by Globatron for S-off Gingerbread. After you have completed that process follow this guide to bring yourself to Honeycomb. You must upgrade to Honeycomb in this way to be able to use my Rom. Finally, You also need to have an SD Card in your view in order to be able to flash things through ClockworkMod.

Installation Instructions

The betas of this ROM will wipe data, so I recommend backing up important information in MyBackup Root and Titanium Backup. The Full Releases (RLS 1, RLS 2, etc.) and Release Candidates (RC1, Etc.) will not wipe data, but if you're coming from stock or just want to make sure your devices is clean, do a factory reset from within clockworkmod recovery between steps 3 and 4 of the guide below.
    1. Copy the Rom .zip file to the base of your SD Card, not the internal storage of your View
    2. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
    3. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
    4. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select install zip from sd card using power
    5. select choose zip from sdcard
    6. select the clevernamehere .zip file on your sdcard
    7. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes - Install clevernamehere*.zip' where * is the name of the version of the rom (eg. beta1)
    8. Rom will now install and run it's course. The script will be more verbose then it is now by the final version
    9. select the +++++Go Back+++++ option
    10. now select reboot system now and the view will reboot. this will take a while, just like it did when you took it out of the box.
    11. Rom is now installed and working! let me know if you find any bugs or have feature requests.

Removing all user data before installing a new rom (Factory Data Reset)
    1. Boot into your tablet's bootloader by holding volume down & power while unit is powered off
    2. select recovery by using the volume arrows and hit power to select
    3. you should now be looking at a black screen with blue text, if not make sure you followed the S-off guide. using the volume keys to navigate and power button to select, select wipe data/factory reset.
    4. navigate down to the option that says 'Yes -- delete all user data' and select it. This will wipe ALL of your data and the data will be unrecoverable after this unless you have backed it up using Titanium Backup and Mybackup Root.
    5. device will now wipe itself and take you back to the main clockworkmod menu. continue on from step 4 of the above guide to flash the rom if you already have the .zip on your device.

Uninstallation Instructions (going back to stock)

1. waiting for an RUU for now. Strongly recommend NANDROIDing your stock rooted image before flashing regardless.
    2. otherwise use this tool to return to stock or gingerbread. works well (I've tested it once) and it was created in conjunction with globatron
    I know he moved on from this rom... but if anybody can reupload this rom i would be grateful...

uploading now, ill post the link when done

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

(give it about 5 minutes to sync up before downloading

HERES THE ROM:

clevernameherev2b3
    Beta 2 posted. It's got init.d working now, but is still lacking a lot of optimizations. Benchmarks look good though. I'll try to get OP updated after work but if I don't, it should be good to go by tomorrow night at the latest. Going to try getting my ramscript sorted as well as the usual bloat removal tomorrow as well.