[Q] new Sprint LG G2 - questions

Search This thread

salim1001

Mar 5, 2008
Hi -

I have been an iphone guy for last 2 years and Just purchased a new Sprint LG G2 phone from ebay which was sim unlocked. I am from india.

After purchasing found out that this is not factory unlocked and it was rooted and then sim unlocked. After hearing this, i am scared to make any changes on the phone thinking that i might lose my carrier network which i am currently using.

I am currently on:

- Android Version: 4.2.2
- Baseband version: M8974A-AAAANAZM-2.0.20018
- Kernel Version: 3.4.0
- Build number: JDQ39B
- Software version - LS980ZVA

I am kind of intrested in installing different kind of ROM's that are available however i am scared that i might lose simunlock.

Can someone please guide me on things that i can do with this device without losing the unlock?

I am complete newbee and helping me overcome this fear would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

Last edited:

salim1001

Mar 5, 2008
Well you can check out the permanent SIM unlock which is for Sprint g2 and even if you switch roms it should still work

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Thanks !!

I still do have a question on what is ZVA, ZV7 or ZV8...........It says in the forum that i need to have ZV8 or ZV7 to install other Roms.

What are the pre-requisites before i install any Custom Roms?

Regards

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Thanks !!

I still do have a question on what is ZVA, ZV7 or ZV8...........It says in the forum that i need to have ZV8 or ZV7 to install other Roms.

Regards

well I really don't know much about the sprint g2 I do know that zv7 was the original firmware that shipped with the sprint g2 and then there was the update to zv8 and then zva and the latest is zvc, zv7 was the easiest to exploit for recovery and zv8 is still exploitable but zva is exploitable but can only use custom roms based on zva and zvc is not exploitable, each of theses is the different radio/baseband for each new update on the sprint g2, you can look around for how to flash roms with the sprint g2 or ask around, I will look around and let you know if I find anything

Reactions: salim1001

salim1001

Mar 5, 2008
well I really don't know much about the sprint g2 I do know that zv7 was the original firmware that shipped with the sprint g2 and then there was the update to zv8 and then zva and the latest is zvc, zv7 was the easiest to exploit for recovery and zv8 is still exploitable but zva is exploitable but can only use custom roms based on zva and zvc is not exploitable, each of theses is the different radio/baseband for each new update on the sprint g2, you can look around for how to flash roms with the sprint g2 or ask around, I will look around and let you know if I find anything

Thanks XxZombiePikachu! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well you can check out the permanent SIM unlock which is for Sprint g2 and even if you switch roms it should still work

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
    Thanks !!

Regards