Thanks Meter: 377

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2015, 07:34 PM |#10001  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikochu

It looks like I fried the L21 capacitor. I wonder if I can repair or get it repaired. I don't even know what kind of SMD capacitor to replace it with. Any insight would be appreciated.

It's probably an inductor, not a capacitor, since the designator is "L". Can't tell from your photo, but are there any numbers or anything printed on it? That would help determine its value.
21st March 2015, 07:58 PM |#10002  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MbTaNk16

It's probably an inductor, not a capacitor, since the designator is "L". Can't tell from your photo, but are there any numbers or anything printed on it? That would help determine its value.

No, no numbers or anything. I found a photo of another board with L21 intact. #6844 second photo.
21st March 2015, 08:33 PM |#10003  

More
Quote:

No, no numbers or anything. I found a photo of another board with L21 intact. #6844 second photo.

Seems like you're out of luck then. The only other thing I can think of is using an LCR meter to measure it, but if you damaged the component there's no point. Maybe someone else has an idea?
21st March 2015, 09:00 PM |#10004  

More
Hello I have two problems could i upgrade my mcu and android so because I cant know which version of mcu I have? I leave pictures

And second can't change backlight color. I enter in fabric setting mark rgb led but when set color in element nothing happens? What could I do?

Thank a lotClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426967991569.jpg
Views:	716
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	3222198Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426968054008.jpg
Views:	688
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	3222201

Enviado desde mi D5803 mediante Tapatalk
22nd March 2015, 12:51 AM |#10005  
Thanks Meter: 1,521

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagy

OK so my "power Injector" for the radio aerial arrived and was fitted and now I have FM (with station names on buttons) and AM stations as well, obviously the one provided was either faulty or just wrong.

Still many questions about this unit after a long play while waiting for the aerial connector:
All my connectors are via headers out of the back of the unit (except GPS antenna)
1) USB/3G dongle input - I have two of these - no matter what I do I can only get the unit to recognise 1 USB stick. Is this a limitation? Can it be overcome by rooting? I do not have a 3G Dongle to connect!
If I use a 64Gb stick the unit recognises it and will play music/video for a couple of seconds then dismounts the stick - is this due to the 32GB limitation?

2) Ipod input - How does this work? plugged in Ipod and went into Ipod app it just exits the app without reconsigning the connected device - what am I missing?

3) Google Now - apparently there are issues with the current version - what version works and where can I get it? - the installed version is version 3.9 (Google Search) which only works from the Google app screen, I really would like voice commands working.

4) Can I change the stock 5 icons on the bottom of the screen - again has this been done by rooting or via another app?

I would like to take a backup of the installed MCU and Andriod before attempting to root so I can get back to where I am, any info on how to do this seems not to apply to my unit as it is a Klyde KLDS07 with no micro usb port - Is there another way without installing a pre-rooted o/s?

With over 1000 pages and 10000 posts in this threat it is really difficult to find information - can this be split done into sub threads relevant to specific topic i.e. hardware, rooting, etc?

Any help with my questions would be very welcome

For a 3G dongle you really need a powered hub for reliable use, for USB sticks this does not help, you need to re-format your USB stick as FAT32 (even if it is already) then it will not keep unmounting (if youre a Windows user then yourll need software to do this as good old Microsh*t has put a limit if 32Gb for formatting in FAT32 on Windows).. However, once youve done this, even though it will not unmount, (my 128Gb stick plays and does not unmount) the music will cut in and out, the manufacturer told me to use an SD card, I told them that that was not acceptable, that they should make it work properly, not heard back yet. On KLD versions DSA said that the USB lead with the purple plug will read USB sticks without the music cutting out, I havent tested it on my KLD yet, there is no equivalent lead on JY units (at least not on mine) so that solution wont work on those. What version do you have ?

The icons can be changed in the same way they can on any other Android device.

There is no way to back up MCUs but its unnecessary, as Siffion has said, there is a repository of MCUs if you need to downgrade.

The only way of rooting 4.4.4, as it says on the first page is with a pre-rooted image, hence the pre-rooted images, if there was another way obviously we would have instructions for it.

The Google voice app has only started not working since a recent update, apparently it worked fine before, so you could try and see if you can find a copy of the previous version.

You think youre the first to mention the length of this thread !? Unknown brands do not get full threads with sub forums, only popular devices from well known brands do, obviously it would be far easier if we had sub-forums, but even if we did it would take a whole hell of a lot of work to move everything to sub forums over a year of the thread and with 1000 pages, unless of course youre volunteering to spend weeks and weeks reading the entire thread and then moving everything ? But even if you are volunteering you wouldnt be able to as requests even for an "Android Headunits" forum on XDA have been totally ignored and there are at least 5 different types, some with threads almost as long as this. Having said all that every single one of your questions could have been answered by using the thread search box to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giornistrani

Guys all ok I disconnected the battery connection car, I waited 10 minutes, and it is reset everything. The steering wheel controls work The language on-board computer is still in Chinese, how to set the language in Italian?

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

Is there a ROM with red system colors?

Great !!

No, you could make one yourself, I intend making one at some point, when I get time, which may take me a while as when I do get time it will be spent learning how to as I ve not done it before.

As for your car language, I would try connecting the original head unit and seeing if you can set the car language with that, then removing it and re-connecting the Android one.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siffion

Hi. The USB issues are most likely power issues to the USB ports. Can you try with a powered hub.

Go into the hidden options menu code is 126 and see if IPOD is switched on

No need to backup MCU as they are all available ref the link on page 1. Just make a note of what's installed at the moment so you can rollback if needed.

Same with the rom, iirc you need root to run titanium pro or similar to create a backup. I may be wrong though.

Icons at bottom of home screen can be added and removed, just remove the old by dragging to the trash can. Add by holding down new icon and place where you want it to stay.

Google voice, I'm also having Google app crashes so if anyone else can assist here it will be appreciated

A powered hub will only help with 3G issues, not USB stick issues, at least on KLD and JY versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagy

OK Thanks for response IPOD now working although it was a bit more basic than going into factory settings, as I said all connections are via headers at the back and it appears you can connect the cables into the wrong header! now all sorted for IPOD music

Anyway after taking this closer look at the headers I found one is actually called rear USB - I haven't been supplied with appropriate cable/header plug but I will investigate if this can be used I can probably make a cable easy enough

I did try a powered USB hub with 3 sticks in it, worked fine on PC all 3 sticks mounted but only one stick is mounted on HU, same thing irrespective of which USB/3G port used no idea what's going on here, obviously other units are OK, I did only use a 500mA power adaptor but this should be enough for a couple of sticks.

Thanks for the home screen Icons tip all happy here too

I believe the on-board flash must have a backup of MCU and Andriod so maybe I will just put the rooted o/s on as I should be able to get back via recovery console.

Are you saying that with a powered hub your USB will play without the music cutting in and out ? This has not been reported to work so far.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dridri-7800

Audi A3 2011 with quadlock connector
MTCB-KGL4 2.11 and CANBUS => Audi A3 / A4 (simple)
I tried MTCB-KGL 2.09 but it is the same.
I also tried CANBUS => VW / Skoda (Simple)
=> Golf 7 (Raise)
but it still does not work

I would try every VW Group setting and if none work then try all of the rest as well. Not all cars are supported, support for VW Group cars is pretty good though, it is dependent on the year of your car, but as yours is quite a late model then it should work, if you still cant get it to work then try messaging pakidermo, the original poster and asking what settings his is on - he has an A3.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinblanco20

Hello I have two problems could i upgrade my mcu and android so because I cant know which version of mcu I have? I leave pictures

And second can't change backlight color. I enter in fabric setting mark rgb led but when set color in element nothing happens? What could I do?

Thank a lotAttachment 3222198Attachment 3222201

Enviado desde mi D5803 mediante Tapatalk

Is that a full picture of your "about" screen ? Are you saying you have no MCU manufacturer listed ? Not seen that before, how odd. There is another way to identify which unit you have - on the first page (which you appear not to have read) there is a link to a pdf that tells you how to identify your unit by looking at the back. Who makes your unit is only relevant to upgrading your MCU however - you can upgrade your Android version whichever manufacturer makes it, as it clearly states on the first page - try reading it !!
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
22nd March 2015, 12:51 AM |#10006  
Thanks Meter: 316

More
@mikochu:

Uhgh, looks like you lifted the pads. Are they still there or are they attached to the smd inductor?

You have to be really gentle with surface mount parts, its easy to rip the pads.

If you are a noob with a cheap soldering iron, you should get some solder wick or a solder sucker and some chip quik. Melt the solder, remove as much as you can with the wick or sucker. Then apply some chip quik. The chip quik will stay molten long enough for you to melt one side, quickly melt the other and remove the part. You may have to go back and forth a few times. Tweezers or a chip popper would be helpful.

Id ask the more knowledgable people about a good guess on the value of the inductor or if someone can measure it.
22nd March 2015, 12:57 AM |#10007  
Thanks Meter: 1,521

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearchris

@mikochu:

Uhgh, looks like you lifted the pads. Are they still there or are they attached to the smd inductor?

You have to be really gentle with surface mount parts, its easy to rip the pads.

If you are a noob with a cheap soldering iron, you should get some solder wick or a solder sucker and some chip quik. Melt the solder, remove as much as you can with the wick or sucker. Then apply some chip quik. The chip quik will stay molten long enough for you to melt one side, quickly melt the other and remove the part. You may have to go back and forth a few times. Tweezers or a chip popper would be helpful.

Id ask the more knowledgable people about a good guess on the value of the inductor or if someone can measure it.

He could try asking the manufacturer, they may help.
22nd March 2015, 01:35 AM |#10008  

More
@typos1: True.

Also @mikochu how did you know you fried it? Electronics will often take a lot of abuse before breaking.
22nd March 2015, 01:51 AM |#10009  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearchris

@typos1: True.

Also @mikochu how did you know you fried it? Electronics will often take a lot of abuse before breaking.

I think I shorted something when I tried soldering a mic directly onto the Bluetooth board. I think the pads are destroyed. I assume I'm SOL.
22nd March 2015, 01:57 AM |#10010  

More
Quote:

I think I shorted something when I tried soldering a mic directly onto the Bluetooth board. I think the pads are destroyed. I assume I'm SOL.

Got a pic? Lets see where the mic is soldered on.

Nah, you can run wires, its not the end of the world (or your radio).
22nd March 2015, 01:59 AM |#10011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

For a 3G dongle you really need a powered hub for reliable use, for USB sticks this does not help, you need to re-format your USB stick as FAT32 (even if it is already) then it will not keep unmounting (if youre a Windows user then yourll need software to do this as good old Microsh*t has put a limit if 32Gb for formatting in FAT32 on Windows).. However, once youve done this, even though it will not unmount, (my 128Gb stick plays and does not unmount) the music will cut in and out, the manufacturer told me to use an SD card, I told them that that was not acceptable, that they should make it work properly, not heard back yet. On KLD versions DSA said that the USB lead with the purple plug will read USB sticks without the music cutting out, I havent tested it on my KLD yet, there is no equivalent lead on JY units (at least not on mine) so that solution wont work on those. What version do you have ?

The icons can be changed in the same way they can on any other Android device.

There is no way to back up MCUs but its unnecessary, as Siffion has said, there is a repository of MCUs if you need to downgrade.

The only way of rooting 4.4.4, as it says on the first page is with a pre-rooted image, hence the pre-rooted images, if there was another way obviously we would have instructions for it.

The Google voice app has only started not working since a recent update, apparently it worked fine before, so you could try and see if you can find a copy of the previous version.

You think youre the first to mention the length of this thread !? Unknown brands do not get full threads with sub forums, only popular devices from well known brands do, obviously it would be far easier if we had sub-forums, but even if we did it would take a whole hell of a lot of work to move everything to sub forums over a year of the thread and with 1000 pages, unless of course youre volunteering to spend weeks and weeks reading the entire thread and then moving everything ? But even if you are volunteering you wouldnt be able to as requests even for an "Android Headunits" forum on XDA have been totally ignored and there are at least 5 different types, some with threads almost as long as this. Having said all that every single one of your questions could have been answered by using the thread search box to the right.

Great !!

No, you could make one yourself, I intend making one at some point, when I get time, which may take me a while as when I do get time it will be spent learning how to as I ve not done it before.

As for your car language, I would try connecting the original head unit and seeing if you can set the car language with that, then removing it and re-connecting the Android one.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

A powered hub will only help with 3G issues, not USB stick issues, at least on KLD and JY versions.

Are you saying that with a powered hub your USB will play without the music cutting in and out ? This has not been reported to work so far.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I would try every VW Group setting and if none work then try all of the rest as well. Not all cars are supported, support for VW Group cars is pretty good though, it is dependent on the year of your car, but as yours is quite a late model then it should work, if you still cant get it to work then try messaging pakidermo, the original poster and asking what settings his is on - he has an A3.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Is that a full picture of your "about" screen ? Are you saying you have no MCU manufacturer listed ? Not seen that before, how odd. There is another way to identify which unit you have - on the first page (which you appear not to have read) there is a link to a pdf that tells you how to identify your unit by looking at the back. Who makes your unit is only relevant to upgrading your MCU however - you can upgrade your Android version whichever manufacturer makes it, as it clearly states on the first page - try reading it !!

Thanks typos, you're a great friend ... then wait for your ROM I have an internet key and does not start ... how come?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)