need help from gingerbread back to froyo stock

Search This thread

flashster15

Feb 22, 2012
Well i did both of them already lol. I did the supermanager one so I can just skip the kernel flasher part?? Yes, I'm a dude.Oh and I copied it to my computer..

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Now I'm just confused..Where do you see nandroid backup at?

Download Quick Boot (Reboot) from the market. It makes it easier to reboot into Recovery.

Then:

• Reboot into Recovery.
• Look for 'backup and restore' and select it.
• Then select 'backup' and be patient and wait
• When it's finished select 'reboot system now'.

Reactions: flashster15

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Ok its backing up, what step am I on after that because I don't see this in the guide anywhere lol

It's in there:

o Turn off phone. Reboot in to CWM Recovery (your recover will be RED whereas stock recovery is blue). In CWM you navigate up/down using the volume up/down buttoms and select using the power button.
o Look for and select 'backup and restore' and select it.
o Then select 'backup' and be patient and wait wait.
o Doing this will also give you another backup of your efs folder.
o When finished you are back into recovery.

Have you downloaded the ROM yet?

flashster15

Feb 22, 2012
Nah, I want Vahilla-Black though. Is the kernel i have now the fastest I can get? And I rebooted my phone. Idk if i was supposed to do that or was i supposed to wipe something first?

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Nah, I want Vahilla-Black though. Is the kernel i have now the fastest I can get?

Download Valhalla - BlackEdition. You are about to flash it. Use Valhalla - BlackEdition for a little while and if you think everything is good. There is a new - though very similar - kernel you can test. However, it is still being developed so you might want to wait. I haven't had problems with the kernel itself but do not think you will notice anything 'faster' about it. That is more the ROM and the tweaks and you will be impressed with Valhalla - BlackEdition.

Here is how to flash:
o Reboot into Recovery
o Scroll down to 'install zip from sdcard' using the volume down button then use the power button to select, then 'choose zip from scard', then go to bottom and find 'Final-Fixed.zip' you copied over, select it, then scroll down and select 'Yes - Final-Fixed.zip'.
o Once you do this the Aroma Installer will load. It should be self explanatory and take care of the rest for you and boot you into the ROM.

After that I would flash [TWEAK] Universal Adrenaline Shotv14-1 cache scroll tweak.

o Download - Universal_Adrenaline_Shot_v14-1.zip
o Now that you will be on Valhalla Black - You can long press the power button and select Recovery to easily reboot into Recovery.... So
o Reboot into Recovery
o Scroll down to 'install zip from sdcard' using the volume down button then use the power button to select, then 'choose zip from scard', then go to bottom and find Universal_Adrenaline_Shot_v14-1.zip you copied over, select it, then scroll down and select 'Yes - Install Universal_Adrenaline_Shot_v14-'.
o White letters will scroll and eventually say 'Install from sdcard complete.'
o When finished select '*****Go Back*****'.
o Then select 'reboot system now'

Last edited:

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Which thing? The tweak - reread the thread. I tell you which to download.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Yes you did. Hopefully you use gmail ti sync your contacts. If not - do from now on. It is the easiest method. If you didn't use gmail you probably used T-Mobile Back Up? If so, we can push that back on your phone so you can restore them.

You also need to let the ROM and tweaks soak in. It is significantly better than stock.

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
You do what? T-Mobile Back Up? We need to put that back on if so. And you just need to select a different ring tone or find different ringtones in the market.

flashster15

Feb 22, 2012
Its doing that with every ringtone -.- Ughh. How do I get my contacts back :( I did that and its only one account :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootloader problem.

Read the thread carefully: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1358498

Step 4: Run "flash" once. Let the phone reboot itself. Don't touch the phone until it boots into android. If it works and you want to flash bootloaders.
    So I was trying out gingerbread and I really dislike it. Can somebody pleasr help guide me step by step through this. Because I am a complete noob at this stuff.

Easy 'nuff. Download FB's KD1 one-click ROM.

Make sure the phone is plugged into the PC, put your phone in download mode (check the wiki link in my signature), and double-click the ROM you just downloaded (it's a jar file which is a Java file). If you have Java installed (most people do) then it should "just work."

WARNING: You will lose all of your data, apps, contacts, etc (but not stuff on your sdcard). Make sure you have a backup of things you want to keep (if you're synching your contacts with T-Mobile or Google, you'll get 'em back), then install the ROM.
    Lumin,

Thanks for jumping in there and following-up/picking up where I left off when I went off line. I appreciate it.
    Well thats what your tutorial says to do...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21954884 So can i skip that part of baking up the efs?

No... you don't want to skip that step but we can back it up another way for now.

The market will probably resolve itself. Try rebooting once and see if that helps. You may also see if WiFi Calling is on messing with your connection as that happened yesterday with somebody.

Here is the other way if you can't get market working -

• Reboot into Recovery.
    • Look for 'backup and restore' and select it.
    • Then select 'backup' and be patient and wait
    • When it's finished select 'reboot system now'.

If you can get market working back it up both ways to be safe.
    Well i did both of them already lol. I did the supermanager one so I can just skip the kernel flasher part?? Yes, I'm a dude.Oh and I copied it to my computer..

You can skip the kernel flasher because you already have the kernel. But not the Nandroid back up for safe measures.