what is the deference between cyanogen mod and google stock android ????

Search This thread

yahyanael

Oct 11, 2013
amman
Hello there , I want to ask about custom Roms as cyanogen mod and PAC and all those teams out there.
First of all ,, the android that they make is similary to the stock one that I can get it from Google website to open it on jdk simulator. Then what is the deal in making custom roms??
And what about Samsung Galaxy Roms features.. Are they closed source? So there is no one can steel there features and use them in other Roms ???
I wish some one answer me because I am so confused about this .. Thanks

Hello there , I want to ask about custom Roms as cyanogen mod and PAC and all those teams out there. <br />
First of all ,, the android that they make is similary to the stock one that I can get it from Google website to open it on jdk simulator. Then what is the deal in making custom roms?? <br />
And what about Samsung Galaxy Roms features.. Are they closed source? So there is no one can steel there features and use them in other Roms ??? <br />
I wish some one answer me because I am so confused about this .. Thanks

Cyanogenmod, PAC are compiled from Google's sources. However they add some new features. Some new apps or change looks. (example Paranoid Android ROM's recent app screen) Check ROM page for feature details.

Google's ROMs are the same you see in emulator. (known as AOSP ROMs).

Galaxy ROMs are open sourced. You can modify/copy them and post them here. Just you need to give sources in case of kernels.

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-I9001 Gadget of Mass Destruction with CM11 using XDA Developers App.