[TOOL] AAFC ADB Fastboot Commander - Cross Platform - 0.8.5b (28-06-18)

Search This thread

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
Code:
*** Disclamer 
Be aware  that you are able to brick your phone with this tool. I take no responsibility for your actions and/or damage and/or malfunction on your device. If you don't know how to use ADB or Fastboot, read tuturials first. You will be responsible for you actions all alone!

Introduction
Hello guys :)
Beacause many newbies don't want or to mess with the shell or simply dont know how and experienced users and developers are pretty lazy people i developed a tool which takes over basic actions like flashing/wiping partitions, sideloading zips, push/pulling files, taking screenshots or screen video and a lot more. Of course adb and fastboot commands can be executed as usual over the build-in shell.

Until now its a early beta only able to process basic tasks, not everything works as expected yet.

I've sometimes more, sometimes less time to work on this project, so i cant give etas to future releases!

Images

aafc-gui.png

Installation instructions
Download the latest build by following the download link down.
Once downloaded, there is no need to install - just run it and you're ready to go :)
The ADB/Fastboot binaries are packed with the application, no need to download them aftwerwards. However - if you want to use your own android sdk, you're able to change the working path to your sdk.

Download
Download the latest version (build 2801) from 15-06-28 here:
> > http://aafc.leonhard-kuenzler.de

Changelog
Code:
Changelog: 
(sorted by builds)

[fixed] runCommand handling 
[fixed] auto device detection 
[added] screenshot feature

[fixed] device serial for auto detect 
[fixed] screenshot

2779 - 21.05.15 
[fixed] icon settings 
[deleted] unused code

2783 - 25.05.15 
[changed] Gui title 
[added] screen recording

2875 - 28.05.15
[fixed] sideload 
[added] preferences window 
[changed] Frame behavior 
[fixed] insert path (drag_drop) 
[fixed] sdk not found error

2801 - 28.06.15 | latest build 
[added] apk install/uninstall
[changed] device detection
FAQ

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
all people testing and giving feedback so far :)

XDA:DevDB Information
AAFC Android ADB Fastboot Commander, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
92lleo

Version Information
Current Stable Version: -
Current Beta Version: 0.8.5
Beta Release Date: 2015-06-28

Created 2015-06-04
Last Updated 2015-06-28

Attachments

• aafc-flash.PNG
    aafc-flash.PNG
    36 KB · Views: 101
  • aafc-gui.png
    aafc-gui.png
    54.9 KB · Views: 98
  • aafc-record.png
    aafc-record.png
    112 KB · Views: 97
  • aafc-sideload.png
    aafc-sideload.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 94
  • aafc-sdk.PNG
    aafc-sdk.PNG
    54.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
How-To

After downloading:

(1) startup
On first start you will have to read & accept the disclaimer. You're able to turn that message of.
Now the main frame should show up. If you have installed android sdk, you can use yours instead the build in by setting the sdk path in ">SDK>change path" to your sdk path (most likely C:/Programm Files/Android/android-sdk). Select the android-sdk folder.

(2) connecting your phone:
connect your phone to your computer. on phone, go to "settings>developer options" and enable "usb debugging". if there is no "developer options", go to "(device) info>software info" and tap 7 times on "build-number". Developer options should be visible now.
Your phone should now ask you to confirm usb connection to your computer. if not, go on with (3)

(3) driver-troubleshooting
some vendors ship their drivers with windows update, they should be installed on first connect. Google also ships drivers for its devices with the android sdk. In all other cases, unplug your phone and go to ">options>device drivers". Now you have two options: 1. try the easy way universal-usb drivers from clockworkmod. Install them, connect your phone and try again. You may open the
windows device manager (WIN+R > devmgmt.msc), there you should see your device (either with warning, or successful connected) 2. search for the right vendor driver.
Choose from the list and install the drivers. May you also search for lite packed drivers on xda/web.

.. more comeing soon

Last edited:

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
Bugs & Features

Known bugs:

• When starting tool not from its parent directory, but e.g. from chrome downloads, setting paths somehow fails (you'll get an error message). To start, navigate to your download folder and start it from there. If you still face problems, delete the "adbfbdata" folder in the same directory
  • Video recording/screenshots not working (stuck after pulling screenshot/video)
    (This happens cause some devices don't allow to pull or write from/to /sdcard. Working on a fix right now)
  • When returning to internal sdk, the realSdk variable in the properties file is erroneously set to true, which results in an exception at the next start.
    To solve this, delete the properties file in the /adbfbdata folder or set "realSdk" to false

Planned features:
  • Backup over adb or recovery
  • Multi-device support
  • Device specific actions (e.g. unlock bootloader on htc devices)
  • device info storage (online) for specific actions, downloads links etc.
  • Fastboot support for samsung devices via haimdall command line tool
  • workspace monitoring and intelligent file suggestions
  • A lot of gui improvement

Last edited:

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
Version 0.8.4 online

Version 0.8.4 (build 2787) is now online.
Changes:
  • You don't need to fill in your devices serial number from now - whenever a device is detected, its serial will be shown.
    Currently, only one device can be handled (except from your own commands).
  • Tool will automatically search for updates and notify you in case of a newer version. You also can check manually by clicking Options->Check for Updates

Version is ready for download here.

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
Version 0.8.5 online (multi OS support)

Version 0.8.5 (build 2798) is now online.
Changes:
  • You now can use AAFC on your Mac, Windows or Linux machine! All adb & fastboot binaries are packed within the tool (even 64 & 32bit versions for some linux distributions) Please note: Support for Mac OSx and Linux distributions is still in early development (alpha) which means, you'll be able to run commands on every os, but may not use every gui function cause the gui is only optimized for windows for now. Please post your experiences in this thead or write me a message!
  • Tool will modify internal files and watchdogs for the current os
  • Tool will now delete whole temp folder, not only files
  • Look and feel changed to "Nimbus" on Linux because of Gui problems. On Windows and Mac OSx its the known OS layout

Version is ready for download here!

Troubleshooting:
  • If you're not able to tick the checkboxes in the disclaimer frame, check if there is a information dialog behind it. May the UpdateChecker tries to lay over the frame, but the disclaimer cannot be overlaid. I'm working on that.
  • If you get an exception like "File not found", please post it here (like any other exception). To solve this problem, try deleting the adbfbtool folder in the same directory (to reset the preferences)

friFroAndro

Jun 23, 2015
Hey,
i tried your tool (build 2798) and really liked it!

I used it on my macbook and it worked well. Sometimes it gives me an exception like "file not found", but after a restart, it works again. I just needed it to flash diffrent recoverys while bringing my phone back to stock.
i would like the tool to remember the last directory i choose a file in, so i dont have to navigate through all my folders again. Also it would be cool, if you implement the shown backup/restore and apk install function. and maybe some quick actions like flashing a recovery with just a file chooser dialog.

I'm looking forward to the next update and will try it then! :)

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
Hey,
i tried your tool (build 2798) and really liked it!

I used it on my macbook and it worked well. Sometimes it gives me an exception like "file not found", but after a restart, it works again. I just needed it to flash diffrent recoverys while bringing my phone back to stock.
i would like the tool to remember the last directory i choose a file in, so i dont have to navigate through all my folders again. Also it would be cool, if you implement the shown backup/restore and apk install function. and maybe some quick actions like flashing a recovery with just a file chooser dialog.

I'm looking forward to the next update and will try it then! :)
Hey, thanks for your feedback! The file not found exception will be gone on linux and mac within the next release, it's left from windows-only.
Remembering directories is planned, in fact, i planned to set a working directory/directories, where the tool searches for .imgs and zips and stuff, so it can suggest them.
Quick actions - or something like that- are comeing when everything else is working :)

APK install is implemented, you're able to use it with the next release, I'm working on backup (both adb and recovery) right now. Maybe it's usable in the next release, or maybe in other future releases.

92lleo

Oct 31, 2012
Munich
kuenzler.io
New Build 2801 (still 0.8.5) online

Build 2801 is now online.
Changes:
  • You can now install / uninstall apks over the gui with setting command flags
  • Device detection now start/stoppable
  • Small GUI changes

Version is ready for download here!

Im currently working on:
  • Backup over adb or recovery
  • Multi-device support
  • Device specific actions (e.g. unlock bootloader on htc devices)
  • device info storage (online) for specific actions, downloads links etc.
  • Fastboot support for samsung devices via haimdall command line tool
  • workspace monitoring and intelligent file suggestions
  • A lot of gui improvement
If you miss something or have other feedback, feel free to contribute! :)
_____
edit:
looks like there is a bug in screenshot/video recording, it doesn't work in older versions as well. You may try it, but it wont work. I'll fix it with the next release!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    *** Disclamer 
    Be aware  that you are able to brick your phone with this tool. I take no responsibility for your actions and/or damage and/or malfunction on your device. If you don't know how to use ADB or Fastboot, read tuturials first. You will be responsible for you actions all alone!

Introduction
    Hello guys :)
    Beacause many newbies don't want or to mess with the shell or simply dont know how and experienced users and developers are pretty lazy people i developed a tool which takes over basic actions like flashing/wiping partitions, sideloading zips, push/pulling files, taking screenshots or screen video and a lot more. Of course adb and fastboot commands can be executed as usual over the build-in shell.

Until now its a early beta only able to process basic tasks, not everything works as expected yet.

I've sometimes more, sometimes less time to work on this project, so i cant give etas to future releases!

Images

Installation instructions
    Download the latest build by following the download link down.
    Once downloaded, there is no need to install - just run it and you're ready to go :)
    The ADB/Fastboot binaries are packed with the application, no need to download them aftwerwards. However - if you want to use your own android sdk, you're able to change the working path to your sdk.

Download
    Download the latest version (build 2801) from 15-06-28 here:
    > > http://aafc.leonhard-kuenzler.de

Changelog
    Code:
    Changelog: 
    (sorted by builds)

[fixed] runCommand handling 
    [fixed] auto device detection 
    [added] screenshot feature

[fixed] device serial for auto detect 
    [fixed] screenshot

2779 - 21.05.15 
    [fixed] icon settings 
    [deleted] unused code

2783 - 25.05.15 
    [changed] Gui title 
    [added] screen recording

2875 - 28.05.15
    [fixed] sideload 
    [added] preferences window 
    [changed] Frame behavior 
    [fixed] insert path (drag_drop) 
    [fixed] sdk not found error

2801 - 28.06.15 | latest build 
    [added] apk install/uninstall
    [changed] device detection
    FAQ

Thanks To/Credits
    Code:
    all people testing and giving feedback so far :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    AAFC Android ADB Fastboot Commander, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    92lleo

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: -
    Current Beta Version: 0.8.5
    Beta Release Date: 2015-06-28

Created 2015-06-04
    Last Updated 2015-06-28