[DEV][02/May/2015]unOFFICIAL TWRP|v2.8.6.1

Search This thread

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
Hi guys,

Updated TWRP to v2.5.0.0:D, thanks to TeamWin which keeps on improving this great project:good:.
This time, when I compiled the unmodified source code and flashed the generated img to my device, it wouldn't get pass the TeamWin's logo:(.
So I had to make some extra changes to the source JUST to make it boot. I am sure that these changes won't interfere with the core functions! I haven't tested them, so if you have anything to report leave your feedback here.
Change log @ 1st post.

Regards!
Thanks, kokotas. I can barely remember what the energy you display is like! :laugh:

Do you still have dees_troy's ear for that once in awhile assist?

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
Thanks, kokotas. I can barely remember what the energy you display is like! :laugh:

Do you still have dees_troy's ear for that once in awhile assist?

I spoke with Dees_Troy yesterday, trying to get our HD2 officially supported. He compiled TWRP2.5 for HD2, but the file he send me to test wasn't working, exactly like the first time I flashed the unmodified v2.5 that I compiled on my own.
The changes I've made (and posted previously) in order to get it to boot are not acceptable due to license restrictions.
So I revised them and this time I believe there is no license conflict. I'm just waiting for TeamWin to take a look and tell me their opinion. If they accept them and everything works, our device will probably be officially supported again;)

Regards!

MarkAtHome

Feb 6, 2008
New Jersey
OnePlus 12
I spoke with Dees_Troy yesterday, trying to get our HD2 officially supported. He compiled TWRP2.5 for HD2, but the file he send me to test wasn't working, exactly like the first time I flashed the unmodified v2.5 that I compiled on my own.
The changes I've made (and posted previously) in order to get it to boot are not acceptable due to license restrictions.
So I revised them and this time I believe there is no license conflict. I'm just waiting for TeamWin to take a look and tell me their opinion. If they accept them and everything works, our device will probably be officially supported again;)
Way to go! Thanks for your hard work and persistence -- it is appreciated.

NYLimited

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
Hi guys,

Updated TWRP to v2.5.0.0:D, thanks to TeamWin which keeps on improving this great project:good:.
This time, when I compiled the unmodified source code and flashed the generated img to my device, it wouldn't get pass the TeamWin's logo:(.
So I had to make some extra changes to the source JUST to make it boot. I am sure that these changes won't interfere with the core functions! I haven't tested them, so if you have anything to report leave your feedback here.

Seems that this version is not directly compatible with your extended version. This TWRP creates the backup in a folder which is created directly under the BACKUP folder. The extended version creates it under BACKUP/HTCLEO. As a result this version does not find any backups created the extended version. The files may be compatible, I did not try that.

Also, something keeps waking this version and the screen never actually turns off.

[ EDIT ] - I just checked the output from another TWRP 2.5.0.0 running on my Nexus 7. It creates the extra folder under BACKUP just like the extended version, suggesting that this version is dropping a folder level. :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Last edited:

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
Hi NYLimited,
Seems that this version is not directly compatible with your extended version. This TWRP creates the backup in a folder which is created directly under the BACKUP folder. The extended version creates it under BACKUP/HTCLEO. As a result this version does not find any backups created the extended version.
I don't have the source that I compiled for this version, so I can't say for sure what's the problem.
[ EDIT ] - I just checked the output from another TWRP 2.5.0.0 running on my Nexus 7. It creates the extra folder under BACKUP just like the extended version, suggesting that this version is dropping a folder level. :(
OK, I will download again the latest source and recompile it.
The files may be compatible, I did not try that.
You're right, the files should be compatible.
Also, something keeps waking this version and the screen never actually turns off.
It was not my intention to fix that. In fact, if the last version could normally boot, I would just compile it without any modifications. I mean this is supposed to be official TWRP and the source should be compiled with as few changes as possible.

Regards!

NYLimited

Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
You're right, the files should be compatible.

As I noted elsewhere, yes, this and the extended version are completely compatible as far as files are concerned (except for the folder issue).

It was not my intention to fix that. In fact, if the last version could normally boot, I would just compile it without any modifications. I mean this is supposed to be official TWRP and the source should be compiled with as few changes as possible.

You are right - please ignore that I mentioned that part. :D

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
Hi guys,

First post updated with a new compiled version (2.6). Check TeamWin's page for the official (long) change-log.
Many thanks to the team for their efforts - a lot of work was done for this update!
As for (our) hd2's case, there was no problem booting up this time and everything seems ready to be tested;). So... have fun with this update;)

Regards!

NYLimited

Jan 5, 2008
New Hampshire, USA
Hi guys,

First post updated with a new compiled version (2.6). Check TeamWin's page for the official (long) change-log.
Many thanks to the team for their efforts - a lot of work was done for this update!
As for (our) hd2's case, there was no problem booting up this time and everything seems ready to be tested;). So... have fun with this update;)

Regards!

Anybody test it yet? I have seen some problem reports with this version (not HD2 specific) and I think I saw a 2.6.0.1 someplace in my travels...

----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

kelddaug

Dec 2, 2009
Hey Guys
I need some help.. I have searched but can't find anything.. I'm normal at Samsung guy, so i'm a bit lost here.
How do i get a Twrp recovery to work with MAGLDR .. it is set to boot from Native sd and every thing is on sd.
I have fat 32 and ext 4 partition on the sd.
I have Pa on it.
can any one help.?

Last edited:

danvokez

Dec 3, 2016
Precisely. I have not done a factory reset in probably close to a year. No idea what the app looks at to determine "factory reset" - this has to be an assumption based on something failing or not being found. I did run the original test immediately after installing TWRP and rebooting (to get the new version running). I tried it again today, just to be certain - same result. Still thinks I did a factory reset.

There are some other oddities in the log which I do not understand.

Even though I am set for "DataOnExt" and under the DataOnExt tab it is showing me that "/sd-ext" is valid, if I go to the backup tab the display indicates 0 MB for /data and also 0 MB for sd-ext. Refresh does not change this.

Just before "Check permissions" fails the log is reporting:
Code:
umount: can't umount /data: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /sd-ext on /data failed: Invalid argument
No idea what the invalid argument is but my sd-ext does exist - really! ;)

did you manage to fix this?because i have the same problem currently

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [22 Dec 2011][RECOVERY] Team Win Recovery Project (twrp) v2.0.0RC0.1

Original OP
    Introduction:
    ---------------------
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.X, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:
    ---------------------
    RAsb.jpg
    AO13.jpg

Notice:
    ---------------------
    The attached recovery images were compiled from TWRP's open source.
    They were only tested on a European version of the HTC-HD2 powered by cLK bootloader.
    The performance on devices powered by MAGLDR bootloader should be considered untested.

Disclaimer:
    ---------------------
    As usual, use at your own risk. TeamWin, arif-ali or kokotas is not responsible for anything bad that may occur from using twrp2.

Nobody appointed me to compile TWRP for HD2. I'm not TeamWin's member. It just happened...
    If anyone else is willing to do it and probably do it better I will be glad to step aside,​

Key Features:
    ---------------------
    * Ability to save custom recovery settings
    * Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    * XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
    * Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    * Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    * Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    * Basic file manager (copy, move, delete, and chmod any file)
    * OpenRecoveryScript scripting engine
    * On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
    * ADB sideload functionality from AOSP
    * Pseudo-terminal emulator
    * Ability to backup large partitions (size>4GB) by splitting the backup archive.

Mainline TWRP Change-Log:
    ---------------------
    Follow up the changes in mainline project at TeamWin's page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2.

HD2's TWRP Change-Log:
    ---------------------
    • Initial TWRP versions

1. List of changes
    • TWRP v2.4.0.0.r1 @ 2013.01.17
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.4.0.0Alpha).
      2. Fix boot partition's filesystem for MAGLDR's backup&restore to work.
      3. Fix getting fs-type from a partition created with a label.
      4. Fix the name of the backup sub-folder(htcleo instead of 0s).
    • TWRP v2.4.4.0 @ 2013.04.03
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.4.4.0).
      3. Fix the name of the backup sub-folder(htcleo instead of 0s).
    • TWRP v2.5.0.0 @ 2013.04.10
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.5.0.0).
        NOTE: Compiled unmodified source code refused to boot! So I had to change a little bit more this time, just to get it to boot up.
    • TWRP v2.6.0.0 @ 2013.07.09
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.6.0.0).
    • TWRP v2.6.1.0 @ 2013.08.31
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.6.1.0).
    • TWRP v2.6.3.0 @ 2013.09.14
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.6.3.0).
    • TWRP v2.8.6.0 @ 2015.04.30
      1. Compiled version based on mainline code (v2.8.6.0).
      4. Fix some ui bugs in the default theme.
    • TWRP v2.8.6.1 @ 2015.05.02
      1. It is version 2.8.6 with a quick fix over a bug in the default theme engine that was causing an error during each boot.

Installation:
    ---------------------
    • Make sure you have adb and fastboot working. Please don't ask here questions about this - a simple web search will be enough to help you.
    • Make sure that the size of the 'recovery' partition is enough for the image to fit.
    • Make sure the name of the recovery *.img file is the one you use in the commands or in flash.cfg
    • [cLK/MAGLDR]
      Flashing the zip file from Recovery
      1. Download zip file to your computer and copy to /sdcard.
      2. Reboot phone into recovery.
      3. Select to install the zip file from your /sdcard.
      4. Reboot Phone into recovery as normal.
    • [cLK/MAGLDR]
      Flashing the *.img file while booted in Android
      1. Download the recovery file to your computer.
        If it is a zip file, extract the *.img.
      2. (Win) Open the folder you have the recovery, do a [Shift+RightClick] and select "Open command window here".
        (Lnx) Open the folder you have the recovery, RigthClick and select "Open in Terminal".
      3. Execute the commands:
        Code:
        adb push recovery-leo.img /sdcard/recovery-leo.img
        adb shell erase_image recovery
        adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-leo.img
      4. Reboot Phone into recovery as normal.
    • [cLK]
      Flashing the *.img file while in fastboot mode(cLK menu)
      2. (Win) Open the folder you have the recovery, do a [Shift+RightClick] and select "Open command window here".
        (Lnx) Open the folder you have the recovery, RigthClick and select "Open in Terminal".
      3. Reboot phone into cLK menu (fastboot mode).
      4. Execute the commands:
        Code:
        fastboot erase recovery
        fastboot flash recovery recovery-leo.img
        fastboot oem boot-recovery
    • [MAGLDR]
      Flashing the *.img file while in USB Flasher mode(using DAF.exe)
      WARNING!!! This will erase your current Rom on NAND too!
      2. Open the folder you have the recovery and place DAF.exe and flash.cfg in that same folder.
      3. Edit flash.cfg according to required recovery partition size:
        Make sure the .img file has the name that flash.cfg specifies!!
        i.e. If the *.img file is named recovery-leo.img and min-required-size = 6MB then the flash.cfg could be:
        Code:
        misc ya 1M
        [U]recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 6M recovery-leo.img[/U]
        boot yboot|ro 5M
        system ya 150M
        cache ya 2M
        userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
        Check out the info about flash.cfg.
      4. Connect the device to the computer via usb, enter MAGLDR and select USB Flasher option.
      5. Right click on DAF.exe and select Run as Administrator.
      6. Click [NEXT] when asked and wait to finish.

Download:
    ---------------------

Old Releases:
    ---------------------

Special Thanks to:
    ---------------------
    * Core twrp 2 development team: agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, and AssassinsLament
    * Toastcfh – for his underappreciated dedication to the community
    * s0up and kevank for their hard work on the web side of things.
    * The rest of Team Win: shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer
    * Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
    * Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
    * For all the help with devices and testing Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, Pyrostic, [R], and Rootzwiki
    * As always thank you to the Team's supporters and the Android Community.
    Hi guys,

Regards!
    Hello guys,

Attached below is a new compiled version of TWRP - Extended:
    1. Ported commits from mainline 2.3.3.0.
    2. Changed how the DataOnExt will be handled.
      Under "Settings" you'll find a checkbox with which you can "tell" recovery that you're using DataOnExt or not.
      In case you're using a modified DataOnExt method you can set the actual path of your /data (i.e. /sd-ext/%RomName%/data) by hitting DataOnExt button.
    3. Probably fixed the .android-secure bug.
    4. Reverted the backup path(BACKUPS/htcleo/).
      So you have to create an intermediate folder named "htcleo" under BACKUPS and move your backups inside.
    5. Reverted the max size for splitting archive to 1.5GB.
    6. 1st attempt for saving the contents of your ext partition when you change the fs type (will need enough free space on your sdcard for this to work).
    7. Added option to set the number of mounts that will trigger a filesystem check under "Settings".
    8. Added option to wipe Data, Boot and (cLK)sBoot under "wipe" Menu.
    9. Added necessary code for selecting fs type (vfat / ntfs) for /sdcard but since I can't make it function properly I've disabled it in the UI. (Also in case it will work using the ntfsprogs binaries, the size of the recovery will increase to ~ 8MB)
    10. Uploaded all I've done to github repo.

Merry Christmas and Have fun:)
    Regards!
    FAQ

FAQ from TWRP team is here

Q: Does Rom Manager work with this
    A: No

Q: Will you be providing support for Rom Manager
    A: Maybe, when I have time, or if Team View release it before me

Q: Does it work with MAGLDR
    A: Yes, use AD recovery

Q: Does this mean we cannot easily install ROMs
    A: Yes, but the code for that may be added at later date, this is Work In Porgress

Q: Will reboot to Recovery work as normal
    A: Yes

Q: Does Off-mode charging still work
    A: Yes, same as CWM on cLK. it will charge when off, but pressing the power button while charging will not turn the phone on

Q: I got "failed with error: -1"
    A: make sure the recovery size is 5M, anything below that is not supported, You can check this by running adb cat "/proc/mtd | grep recovery"