FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Naming/Calling in Development session

449 posts
Thanks Meter: 65

By blisslove, Senior Member on 22nd March 2011, 07:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I would like to suggest for naming/calling in Development session.

As we all known that Z, J, Trip, Wolfbreak and 28spawn have their own successes.

Z has succeed his stable Froyo 2.2 rom and camera.

J is porting CM7 Gingerbread.

Trip has ported his own rom

Wolfbreak has succeeded in camcorder for 2.2 and his stable rom CM6.1.3 which was based on Froyo 2.2.

28spawn is good at tweaking camera and camcorder qualities.

Can we give clap for them? Yes, we can call them real developers. I am really appreciating their works.

However, I have seen some people are copying sources from others, just changing themes, changing launcher which can get free from Market, a little bit of tweaking and they called/named it to rom/firmware.

Can we give a name such as Changing Launchers or Changing Themes or Updating rather than naming/calling new ROM/Firmware?

Well, I am not a developer. I believed that everyone can understand what I meant.

This thread is just a suggestion.
22nd March 2011, 07:39 AM |#2  
Flag Dombivli
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Agree on everything except Trip.

That loser doesn't belong in any section with 'Development' in it's title.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javagreen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift javagreen Ad-Free
22nd March 2011, 07:47 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javagreen

That's why I didn't mention "Succeed".
22nd March 2011, 09:30 AM |#4  
Flag Antipolo
Thanks Meter: 126

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ahahahahahahahaa +10

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App
24th March 2011, 12:46 AM |#5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:

Wow.
What do you have against him?
24th March 2011, 12:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
People are adding a launcher onto someone else's rom and then having the audacity to ask for donations....

As for trip, nice universal radio and fully working gingerbread rom... Wait, those never happened?
24th March 2011, 01:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:

People like you are probably the reason he hasnt uploaded anything. Pretty sure Trip was the one to port MiUi and the first to port Arc and other devs have attested that he has provided sources and other assistance. Just because he never fixed every bug in the ROMs he worked on for no compensation in his spare time and then quit posting when everyone started flaming him and his threads were closed. None of the devs is obligated to do any of this work for you. Quit the unnecessary flaming, trip has done more for this community than you ever will. I haven't seen you upload any ROMs be they complete or otherwise. And Im sure if his unified radio is ever released you'll be flashing it just like everyone else. A project like his radio isn't something that can be done overnight especially when you factor in many of the devs are busy with their own lives and work. After seeing the trash you and other ungrateful self inflated asses have posted here I wouldn't freely share my work here if I was him either.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
24th March 2011, 07:08 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoney87

People like you are probably the reason he hasnt uploaded anything. Pretty sure Trip was the one to port MiUi and the first to port Arc and other devs have attested that he has provided sources and other assistance. Just because he never fixed every bug in the ROMs he worked on for no compensation in his spare time and then quit posting when everyone started flaming him and his threads were closed. None of the devs is obligated to do any of this work for you. Quit the unnecessary flaming, trip has done more for this community than you ever will. I haven't seen you upload any ROMs be they complete or otherwise. And Im sure if his unified radio is ever released you'll be flashing it just like everyone else. A project like his radio isn't something that can be done overnight especially when you factor in many of the devs are busy with their own lives and work. After seeing the trash you and other ungrateful self inflated asses have posted here I wouldn't freely share my work here if I was him either.

I have to agree. Anyone of you who thinks that trip is not competant then please go ahead and build us some roms perhaps you could finish where he left off, i bet a lot of us here will be damn right happy. Trip has already stated his reason for being off most of the time. But you guys still flame him. Sadly this is usually what happens

Dev does things people are happy, devs stops for awhile people either forget him or flame him.

HE DOESNT DO THIS AS A FULL TIME JOB!! even if we crave for some bug fixes or something new from the devs, anyone of them. We must remember that they have their lives just like us and not some guy sitting infront of the com 24 hours 7 days a week just to get your thanks and maybe a few bucks of donation.

As for people calling themselves devs and asking for donation by changing some things and stuff. Well i cannot say it is wrong but donations are based on the satisfaction of the benefactor. So if his tweaks, even if its small, satisfies the benefactor then the donations is fine. Thats the whole point of donations basically. And i believe if they are using other roms they should either link or give credit.
Sent from my X10i TripNMiUI using XDA App
24th March 2011, 07:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryantar

I have to agree. Anyone of you who thinks that trip is not competant then please go ahead and build us some roms perhaps you could finish where he left off, i bet a lot of us here will be damn right happy. Trip has already stated his reason for being off most of the time. But you guys still flame him. Sadly this is usually what happens

Dev does things people are happy, devs stops for awhile people either forget him or flame him.

HE DOESNT DO THIS AS A FULL TIME JOB!! even if we crave for some bug fixes or something new from the devs, anyone of them. We must remember that they have their lives just like us and not some guy sitting infront of the com 24 hours 7 days a week just to get your thanks and maybe a few bucks of donation.

As for people calling themselves devs and asking for donation by changing some things and stuff. Well i cannot say it is wrong but donations are based on the satisfaction of the benefactor. So if his tweaks, even if its small, satisfies the benefactor then the donations is fine. Thats the whole point of donations basically. And i believe if they are using other roms they should either link or give credit.
Sent from my X10i TripNMiUI using XDA App

That may all be true, but I can understand the flaming directed towards him. As I recall, Trip started many projects without successfully completing any. And then being a dev, one should welcome criticism, which Trip did not. Instead he momentarily stopped working on selected projects inorder to "punish" the critics. Can you really blame people for the flaming directed towards him?

I like his ROMs. Just wish that he had completed them.

Edit: I take back everything I had said. With all his latest work, he is an awesome dev!
24th March 2011, 07:39 AM |#10  
Flag Porlamar
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

\o/ #WIN xD
24th March 2011, 07:50 AM |#11  
Flag Dombivli
Thanks Meter: 203

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMoney87

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryantar

Without going into the intricacies, try telling that to people who actually donated to "Trip". You two are probably among those, I suspect.

Happy "Trip"ping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pngface

Wow.
What do you have against him?

Quite the same thing you have against Geohot.

One's a media whore, the other is a farce.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)