FORUMS

Memory Upgrade Sprint HTC Arrive (HD7 Pro)

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By OniKyanAE86, Member on 22nd March 2011, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
So I have the the Sprint HTC Arrive (aka. the HD7 Pro) and I have taken it apart to see where the memory is located at. If there was a slot where the memory card could be ejected from, it would right in between the +/- Volume Buttons. Just remember that opening your phone will void your warranty, but here are the pictures I took. It has a 16GB Class 4 Sandisk micro SD card. The slot is not spring loaded so to remove the memory card you just pull it out. I will be testing out if a 32GB Class 10 or Class 2 will work perfectly on it since its running a 16GB Class 4.....

added the pics in a zip file for closer inspection.....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OniKyanAE86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OniKyanAE86 Ad-Free
22nd March 2011, 09:33 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Please keep us updated!
23rd March 2011, 04:28 AM |#3  
Flag -5 Eastern
Thanks Meter: 664

More
Great find and post further investigation needed. Pls keep us posted.
23rd March 2011, 02:03 PM |#4  
Texas Gulf Coast
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Pardon my stupidity (still on my first cup of Joe) but would the current classes of 32GB cards still be slower spec'd than the 16GB? I'm having a brain fart and can't remember, or I would swap mine out right now just for grins. I wouldn't have an issue hard resetting right now anyway...
24th March 2011, 01:33 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Where are the additional pics? I have all my screws out but can't seem to get the plastic cover off the back!

EDIT: Got it!
24th March 2011, 05:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
please keep us updated...I have the arrive also and I would love to upgrade to 32gb!
24th March 2011, 01:33 PM |#7  
Flag Tübingen
Thanks Meter: 0

More
as far as i know, the memory card on the 7 pro is close to the speaker, so they must have changed the layout a little. doesn't really make a difference though
24th March 2011, 05:27 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wink Can you post a step by step.
Can you post a step by step how to do this. When you figure it out. I would like more memory in my Arrive. Thank.
24th March 2011, 08:07 PM |#9  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 42

More
1. remove the 4 small screws under the battery cover (one on the top left is under a black warranty sticker)
2. remove the odd ball big screw on the lower left; just use a flat-head and slowly turn about 45degree at a time, it is pretty easy
3. use your fingernails or tools to take out the plastic cover (it only actually covers the side of the phone), you will find another cover with 6 more screws that actually covers the back of the phone
4. remove those screws, and the lift the back cover (unlike the side cover, this one just sits on top, and not snapped onto anything)
5. the sdcard is on the right side, next to where the volume buttons are
6. to remove the sdcard, you will need to peel the yellow tape up enough so it is no longer sticking to the sdcard, then just wiggle it out (no eject mechanism)
7. no pictures, the phone is my camera
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theclueless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift theclueless Ad-Free
24th March 2011, 09:28 PM |#10  
Instructions
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclueless

1. remove the 4 small screws under the battery cover (one on the top left is under a black warranty sticker)
2. remove the odd ball big screw on the lower left; just use a flat-head and slowly turn about 45degree at a time, it is pretty easy
3. use your fingernails or tools to take out the plastic cover (it only actually covers the side of the phone), you will find another cover with 6 more screws that actually covers the back of the phone
4. remove those screws, and the lift the back cover (unlike the side cover, this one just sits on top, and not snapped onto anything)
6. to remove the sdcard, you will need to peel the yellow tape up enough so it is no longer sticking to the sdcard, then just wiggle it out (no eject mechanism)

I was about to post the instructions but you got it just right, was really easy to take apart. I have a 32GB Sandisk Class 2 and a 32GB Lexar Class 10 tried both and both are working fine.... stuck with the Lexar and good so far! I did feel that loading apps or music with the Lexar Class 10 was a bit faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to OniKyanAE86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OniKyanAE86 Ad-Free
24th March 2011, 11:41 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclueless

Thank the clueless one. Cool.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)