FORUMS

Simple Un-Root!

904 posts
Thanks Meter: 515

By Jaywan, Senior Member on 23rd March 2011, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Un-root And update download the file from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=975888 and apply. This will give you stock and S-on.
That simple!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jaywan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaywan Ad-Free
23rd March 2011, 01:59 AM |#2  
Flag Steeler Nation
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the info, but the fun is just beginning. This is always good to have just in case you have to return it.
23rd March 2011, 04:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,277

Donate to Me
More
You should be able to load any stock RUU. As long as the hboot and the recovery exist in the RUU, it should return you to a stock condition.
23rd March 2011, 04:35 AM |#4  
Flag Tampa
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Jaywan, how about a simple root and s-off?
23rd March 2011, 09:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 515

Donate to Me
More
It's simple to make a app run the commands needed to make a one click rooter. And easier to edit a already working rooter to work for this phone. Idk why he don't want the one click released. Took me 30 minutes to root.. maybe he only want people to root using his method. I not gonna step on his toes by posting one tho...

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App
23rd March 2011, 09:08 AM |#6  
Flag Tampa

More
ok ok, I hear yah. I will just bite the bullet and type in all 90 of the commands tomorrow when I get off work.
23rd March 2011, 09:09 AM |#7  
Flag Tampa

More
BTW, I left the MT4G and came over to verizon also. I went to the SGS4G before I left tmobile. Lack of dev support for that phone made me give it up. Thanks for coming over to the Thunderbolt.
23rd March 2011, 09:34 AM |#8  
Flag Tampa

More
also, take a look at this thread I started. Somethings up with this one click unroot deal.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1004567
23rd March 2011, 06:08 PM |#9  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaywan

It's simple to make a app run the commands needed to make a one click rooter. And easier to edit a already working rooter to work for this phone. Idk why he don't want the one click released. Took me 30 minutes to root.. maybe he only want people to root using his method. I not gonna step on his toes by posting one tho...

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

I heard him meantion he wants people to learn adb so if something happens further down the line they can use it
Seriously I'm with him, the hardest part about adb for me was getting it installed. The root was easy and took 30 min

sent from my Thunderbolt
23rd March 2011, 06:33 PM |#10  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 42

More
For what its worth, he said feel free to post the one clicks, just give credit. I dont honestly care however, copy, paste, seemed simple enough. Was no where near as hard as the original root method for the DInc.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App
23rd March 2011, 06:44 PM |#11  
Flag The Colonies.
Thanks Meter: 10

More
The only legitimate reason I could buy about not wanting a one click released, is if SOMEHOW it would make our phones vulnerable to some sort if attack.

As background, I've ben using custom roms since my old g1 was new and JesusFreke was just getting started and I dont ever recall ANY dev with holding something that would make the users lives easier. In recent history I've done a ton of flashing roms with both mine and my wifes old vibrants and the only time I used adb was if I wanted to push a file to the phone without mounting it on my computer.

PERSONALLY, this whole mess sounds of ego and elitism. I am incredibly greatful to the devs who have paved the way, but fearful of what they are trying to do. No one should have the right to prevent another from releasing something, it's in gross violation of the gpl. If a dev wants to code something under a different license, fine. However it needs to be clearly annotated as such, and devoid of any gpl work itself. In other words, it basically can't contain anything related to android unless it was developed 100% blind through an emulator.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)