FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEMED CM7] Corwin's Tweaked CM7 Beta 4 (Updated 4/5)

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By corwinmortac, Senior Member on 25th March 2011, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is my custom compile of the CM7 git hub. Please understand I am a server engineer not a programmer, so the features are going to be very close to what you would get from CM7. The only major changes here are the boot screen and some backgrounds. The other people working on CM7 do not always have the time to work on the code and compile the latest updates into a rom for release and we do not get CM7 nightly files like you would see for an EVO. When I see that something major has been committed to the git I will update my side and produce a new revision. I am also taking a crash course on editing the apk's and xml files to really customize the heck out of the rom, but im new at this and I have a full time job, wife, a kid, and cats :P

I have now baked a new boot screen, worked in the latest framework changes from TeamDesire and the latest beta version of gojimi's VT Launcher and a few framework and buildprop changes of my own.

Just like any other dev out there I take no responsibility for your tablet and if you screw anything up please do a NVRAM restore to back out to factory again.

Please make sure you download GAPPS just like any other cyanogen based rom

Below are the links and a simple change log to the various builds I am putting together...

****Beta 1 032411****
  • Market seems to be working
  • Cam working
  • Wifi working

****Beta 2 033011****
  • Buildprop changes
  • Boot screen changes

****Beta 3 040111****
  • New default background - my first time editing the framework thanks to supermiah
  • Removed a few things we dont need like the voice dialer

****Beta 4 040511****

More updates soon

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to corwinmortac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corwinmortac Ad-Free
25th March 2011, 05:26 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag West Jordan UT
Thanks Meter: 5,338

Donate to Me
More
Oh yeah bring on the cm7. Excited to give her a run.

Sent from my HTC Vision sportin CM7 RC2. SMOKIN!!!
25th March 2011, 06:25 AM |#3  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Word! Can wait to give her a run through. :)
25th March 2011, 03:28 PM |#4  
Denver
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Sweet. I'm living on AOSP Gingerbread currently but really miss some of the CM customizations I have on my phone, like 270 deg rotation which is essential to these tabs to mitigate the viewing angles of the screen.
25th March 2011, 08:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

More
Running in to a few more issues than I thought, it is running stable at the moment but there are issues that will mean a recompile so the changes are baked in and not just scripted. I had hoped to get the rom posted today, but i want to throughly test it out prior to upload.
The Following User Says Thank You to corwinmortac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corwinmortac Ad-Free
26th March 2011, 02:53 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Looking forward to this. Been running Drod2169's unofficial CM7 RC2 from a few weeks ago and its been going strong. Can't wait for a newer CM rom to try.
26th March 2011, 07:06 AM |#7  
Flag Novosibirsk
Thanks Meter: 134

Donate to Me
More
х2 Looking forward.We will wait.
26th March 2011, 05:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Have you taken all the phone references out of it so it looks like a true tab rom ?
26th March 2011, 06:13 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dallas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louvass

Have you taken all the phone references out of it so it looks like a true tab rom ?

That's one of Tue things I'm doing...but there are also so issues with the build that I'm trying to figure out. I may upload the beta I'm running right now bit its far from complete.

Swyped from a CM7 EVO using the Xda app
The Following User Says Thank You to corwinmortac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corwinmortac Ad-Free
26th March 2011, 08:19 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Sounds good looking forward to trying it
28th March 2011, 05:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have been running this all day with no probems. Market has not failed once. Now i just need a fix for the gsensor so all my games will work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)