FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MyTouch 4G battery compatibility

101 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By solidunit, Member on 26th March 2011, 11:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dunno if this was posted before, but it seems the MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier) uses the same battery as the Thunderbolt. I haven't tried it myself, but a lot of places are selling "Thunderbolt" batteries, when they're just MyTouch ones.

This is good to know if you're shopping around for an extra battery at a good price. I prefer an extra standard battery to the bulky extended one.
The Following User Says Thank You to solidunit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift solidunit Ad-Free
 
 
26th March 2011, 01:30 PM |#2  
juanzho11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag A Galaxy Near you
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thats a nice find, thanks I'm about to try with my wifes mt4g
Update:
It's alive, it works, you just have to insert it with htc logo facing in, but it works.
Sent from my Thunderbolt 4BLTE
26th March 2011, 04:21 PM |#3  
kendive's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidunit

Dunno if this was posted before, but it seems the MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier) uses the same battery as the Thunderbolt. I haven't tried it myself, but a lot of places are selling "Thunderbolt" batteries, when they're just MyTouch ones.

This is good to know if you're shopping around for an extra battery at a good price. I prefer an extra standard battery to the bulky extended one.

Yep when you do a search on Amazon for a battery for the Tbolt it states that it's for the mytouch also.

I opted for the extended battery. I would rather have a bigger battery in the phone than worry about carrying around another battery.

I posted some pics of the extended battery. Not much bigger than my DINC with the extended battery. But the TBolt is a bigger phone all together, But work the screen real estate.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=995482&page=6
26th March 2011, 08:41 PM |#4  
92slammer's Avatar
Senior Member
warner robins ga
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
i purchased one for the mytouch 4g by mugen (1650).....im on my first day of using it after a full 12 hour charge...been unplugged since 7am and im at 41%....heavy usage with everything running...gps bluetooth wifi ...all day long trying to kill it...lol they say after about 3 cycles that it should be good to go....will report aftwards
27th March 2011, 02:00 AM |#5  
92slammer's Avatar
Senior Member
warner robins ga
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
well it is now 9pm and im down to 1%...lol, 14 hours isnt too bad for the first full day of usage
The Following User Says Thank You to 92slammer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 92slammer Ad-Free
27th March 2011, 05:06 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
will be getting this...my TB battery is crap
27th March 2011, 05:27 AM |#7  
Gr8gorilla's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta, Ga
Thanks Meter: 106
 
Donate to Me
More
the Tbolt and MT4G are basically the same with a different screen and casing...
30th March 2011, 03:10 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanzho11

Thats a nice find, thanks I'm about to try with my wifes mt4g
Update:
It's alive, it works, you just have to insert it with htc logo facing in, but it works.
Sent from my Thunderbolt 4BLTE

Does it seem to read the battery life as well?
28th May 2011, 11:33 PM |#9  
LimonP's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothjeff

Does it seem to read the battery life as well?

Do you know if the MyTouch 4G will be the same battery for the HTC Sensation???
25th October 2013, 06:37 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Austin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Anyone have one for sale?
16th April 2014, 07:10 PM |#11  
Plug
I use the AnkerĀ® 1550mAh HTC ThunderBolt, MyTouch 4G, Merge(PD42100)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes