FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

My Streak 7 Dock thoughts.

1,785 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By Mysticales, Senior Member on 27th March 2011, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well I finally bought the Streak docking station. I havent hooked it up to HDMI yet so I cant tell you about that yet.

What I can tell you is.. the plastic holder part.. The clear thing you insert, I dont know, I mean seems solid enough but I cant help but feel that it could break, I dont know. That and things make a odd sound when you jiggle the tablet while its docked.

Aside from that, GOD this dock is nice. I mean its angled just right for doing things, visibility is great! Good for video watching and so. Also playing finger based games like angry birds, this thing runs great. Also least it can charge separately from the usb connection to the PC. All I need to find now is a way to access my network files to play videos remotely and I am set. =D
The Following User Says Thank You to Mysticales For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mysticales Ad-Free

27th March 2011, 04:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I agree on the dock being nice. I bought two, one for in the office and the other at home. The dock mode of the streak can be a bit annoying at times especially when you lock the tablet with a pin. Posting via Galaxy S as waiting on replacement streak 7 from Dell. Still love the Streak though not working right now.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
28th March 2011, 04:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Btw I havent tested this part yet with HDMI, If you hook it up, do your games show up on the TV? Would be cool to have your emulators displaying on the TV. Heh.
22nd May 2011, 05:28 AM |#4  

More
Hmmm.... I think I might give the dock a try. I have a few extra HDMI cables laying around. I'll try it out and post what happens.
23rd May 2011, 07:19 AM |#5  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I've had the dock for about 2 weeks now. Works great, HDMI looks decent, not HD obviously, but it looks good and I am able to watch movies on my 56inch with no problems.... To me it was worth it, you can get them for cheap on ebay just to let everyone know.
23rd May 2011, 07:22 AM |#6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales

Btw I havent tested this part yet with HDMI, If you hook it up, do your games show up on the TV? Would be cool to have your emulators displaying on the TV. Heh.

Forgot to mention that everything DOES show up on your TV. I have been playing super mario world a couple nights a week now lol
28th May 2011, 10:02 AM |#7  

More
How can I buy this dock in Vietnam???
5th August 2011, 11:40 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago

More
I picked up one these docks on eBay for $50 w/ a OEM car charger.

Nice solid feel on the dock but sometimes I wish it had a mode where you could have a case on & have it nicely dock as well...

HDMI out is a nice +
5th August 2011, 03:35 PM |#9  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I just wished it worked with Honeystreak. I hope dell releases honeycomb because I love using my doc to watch movies in the bedroom.
15th August 2011, 07:50 PM |#10  
Flag Wroclaw/Brzeg/Jankowice Wielkie

More
Hello
I'm new owner of Streak 7 - from Poland. I'm looking for one dock station for my S7 to be able to play hdmi on my tv. Problem is, that in Poland it's hard to get a dock.
Maybe anyone of you is about to sell one and could send it to Poland?

Thank you in advance
19th August 2011, 10:50 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith.valdez

I just wished it worked with Honeystreak. I hope dell releases honeycomb because I love using my doc to watch movies in the bedroom.

Wait the honeycomb rom doesnt work on it? That sounds odd or a flaw, did you tell Steve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanizator

Hello
I'm new owner of Streak 7 - from Poland. I'm looking for one dock station for my S7 to be able to play hdmi on my tv. Problem is, that in Poland it's hard to get a dock.
Maybe anyone of you is about to sell one and could send it to Poland?

Thank you in advance

I would say check ebay. Most people ship everywhere.

Also yea, playing emulators works great on it. Also another perk.. if you use wiimote IME. You could have your streak docked, away from you and you can use the wii mote or classic controller to move the menu around too and open apps and so. Very handy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)