FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] SyncSMS - Synchronize text messages between tablet and phone

385 posts
Thanks Meter: 79

By d0lph1nK1ng, Senior Member on 27th March 2011, 05:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
SyncSMS lets you sync your text messages between your Android phone and tablet. SyncSMS lets you sync your text messages between your Android 2.1+ phone and 3G or WiFi-only Android 2.1+ tablet. This app lets you receive text messages on your tablet which have been received by or sent from your phone. Also, this app lets you compose text messages on your tablet which will be copied to your phone and sent out by your phone. You will need to sign up for a free Dropbox account, if you don't already have one, in order to temporarily store the messages between syncs.

Please rate and comment on the app in the Android Market and click Submit to Portal in the upper right of this post to vote this thread to XDA front page, thanks!

*******IMPORTANT LINKS*******
Download: https://market.android.com/details?i...1nk1ng.syncsms

Change Log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2774459/changelog.txt

DEV & USER SUGGESTIONS:
===== Ready for next release =====
- None
===== Under Dev =====
- Fix API 11 error when clicking item in action bar overflow menu
- Make C2DM respect wifi-only, DNS interval, and background sync off
- Sync on power
===== Backlog =====
# Bugs
- Auto resync
- ' Help > Setup > Push (Beta)

Push notifications are only for Received messages by the phone and Composed messages by the tablet. I will not be able to support copying Sent messages from your Phone to your Tablet withing doing polling. Please star the Android defect at the link below to add your support behind this enhancement to fix the issue. Thanks!
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=2261

Thanks,
d0lph1nk1ng
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tablet-light.jpg
Views:	1117
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1405295   Click image for larger version

Name:	tablet-dark.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1405296   Click image for larger version

Name:	phone-light.jpg
Views:	950
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	1405297   Click image for larger version

Name:	phone-dark.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1405298   Click image for larger version

Name:	widget.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1405299  
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to d0lph1nK1ng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift d0lph1nK1ng Ad-Free

27th March 2011, 07:18 PM |#2  
Flag Delray Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 315

More
Doesn't work at all for me. I sign in to my existing Dropbox and get the error in the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3-27-2011 2-14-06 PM.jpg
Views:	3981
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	553517  
27th March 2011, 07:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

More
*post deleted*
27th March 2011, 07:25 PM |#4  
Flag Delray Beach, FL

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0lph1nK1ng

Could you please post the Logcat?

How do we know you are not capturing our DropBox credentials? This looks suspicious.
27th March 2011, 07:33 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

More
nevermind about the logcat, the issue is that I need a production API key from Dropbox. i agree on your suspicion, so i have posted the app's source code to instill confidence. please know that this app is not distributable or modifiable though. thanks!
27th March 2011, 07:37 PM |#6  
Flag Delray Beach, FL

More
Quote:

nevermind about the logcat, the issue is that I need a production API key from Dropbox. i agree on your suspicion, so i have posted the app's source code to instill confidence. please know that this app is not distributable or modifiable though. thanks!

Deleted...................
27th March 2011, 07:39 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

More
keith, honestly i am an innocent dev. have i broken a rule somewhere?
27th March 2011, 07:41 PM |#8  
Flag Delray Beach, FL

More
Quote:

keith, honestly i am an innocent dev. have i broken a rule somewhere?

Prove that your app is safe to install and immediately asks for Dropbox credentials and fails.
27th March 2011, 07:47 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

More
i have posted source code to my app which clearly shows that i use the dropbox api which requires username and password for the first login, then returns an access token per user which is the only thing that is saved to the local databases see LoginTask.java and Utils.java.

the 403 error stands for unauthenticated user. this is due to my app's dropbox api token being only validated for my email address. the app will work as described after i replace my api token with a production api token.

i do not deserve to be banned at all
27th March 2011, 08:47 PM |#10  
Flag Delray Beach, FL

More
Quote:

i have posted source code to my app which clearly shows that i use the dropbox api which requires username and password for the first login, then returns an access token per user which is the only thing that is saved to the local databases see LoginTask.java and Utils.java.

the 403 error stands for unauthenticated user. this is due to my app's dropbox api token being only validated for my email address. the app will work as described after i replace my api token with a production api token.

i do not deserve to be banned at all

Maybe not but you cannot release an app that does not demonstrate that you are not phishing username/password info which your initial release does not prove.
27th March 2011, 08:51 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Durham, NC

More
you know, honest mistakes do /actually/ happen in the world. plus, it's not my fault that Dropbox chooses not to allow OAuth for android apps. i never /wanted/ to have to have a user enter username/password in the context of my app for exactly this reason
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
app, bluetooth, phone, sms, sync, tablet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)