Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.
I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.
UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.
Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler
This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.
If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.
You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )
This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.
It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.
To use this tool:
1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.
2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.
3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.
Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.
You WILL void your warranty using this tool.
This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.
The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.
There are two versions of this tool:
1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb
2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )
1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )
2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.
WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.