[KERNEL][GPL]VisionKernel v1.3 *WIP*

1,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 415

By thomasskull666, Senior Member on 28th March 2011, 06:34 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
VisionKernel v1.2
Designed for SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0

Disclaimer
I nor any member of INC is responsible for anything that happens to your phone when using this kernel. It has been tested on mine and a few others phones to be working, but I cannot guarantee that it will work on yours. All CPU's are different, and each one takes to overclocking in different ways. That being said, don't be surprised if your phone locks up at 1.4ghz or 1.45ghz. Just set the clock down to a lower speed and it won't do it anymore; all this means is that your phone can't handle it.
Also, 1.45ghz is set at 1.400v and 1.4ghz is set at 1.375v which is definitely above the recommended voltage for the phone. This doesn't mean it will burn up your processor as they are very robust when it comes to heat dissipation, but just keep in mind that you are pushing the processor past its designed limit.

This is my first kernel release, although I have been compiling my own custom kernels since DI18. Took me a while to get the overclocking stable, a big thanks goes to tanimn and Rodderik for helping with getting 1.3ghz stable. Also, without tanimn none of this would really be possible. He has guided me through this process a lot, and I am especially thankful to him. You the man tanimn ;)

1.45ghz is here, I cannot guarantee that it will work even at all on your phone. This is as high as I will go, no further.
  • Linpack: 19.84mflops
  • Quadrant: 2414

Changelog
*=Thanks!

v1.0
  • Overclocked to 1.3ghz and 1.4ghz @ 1.375v (steps are as follows)
    100mhz, 200mhz, 400mhz, 600mhz, 800mhz, 1.0ghz, 1.3ghz, 1.4ghz
  • Added 600mhz step for better transitions *tanimn
  • Voodoo Sound v6 *tanimn and supercurio
  • Voodoo Color (mDNIe tweaks) *supercurio
  • FPS cap raised to 65fps for the time being, hoping to get that number higher *Rodderik
  • Everything else that is contained in Twilight Zone, minus the addition of voodoo color and 1.4ghz.

v1.1
  • Revert the refresh rate (framerate cap) to 56fps. People having problems with video choppiness, this should fix your issue. This is only temporary; as soon as someone can figure out a proper way to raise the framerate cap I will re-implement it.
  • Update to Voodoo Sound driver v7

v1.2
  • Add 1.45ghz (It's not 100% stable, use at your own risk.)
  • Add 1.2ghz step
  • Added BFQ disk scheduler
  • Implemented interactive CPU governor (use at your own risk, needs tweaking)
  • Smartass governor (still a WIP)
  • Add TinyRCU courtesy of tanimn
  • lowmemorykiller atomic notifier fixes
  • UV RAM and LCD; 2.7v and 1.65v respectively
  • UV_mV sysfs controls as well as frequency_voltage_table for use with Voltage Control and Pimp my CPU *Rodderik
  • New voltage/frequency tables thanks to Rodderik!

v1.3
  • Battery life improvement tweaks
  • BFQ by default
  • New frequencies
  • More...

How-to Video:
Thanks to qbking77 for making this excellent flashing tutorial! This will show you exactly how to get the kernel running on your phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k7hqewGoWk

*Downloads*
v1.2
Direct:
Temporarily removed.

v1.1
Direct:
http://www.holyliving****.com/ACS/Ke...ernel_v1.1.zip
More mirrors coming soon!

v1.0
Direct:
http://k0nane.info/rom/VisionKernel_v1.0.zip

Other:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tihrnrjm6cm177u
http://www.sharebeast.com/7egv5a83g9ab

*Source*
Github

Donations are never required, but always welcome :)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to thomasskull666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thomasskull666 Ad-Free

28th March 2011, 06:35 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Donators:
  • darkfire79
  • epic4GEE
  • jbobspants
  • stir fry a lot
28th March 2011, 06:40 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Alright, I'm swapping the twilight zone kernal for this. Thanks for an amazing job once again.
28th March 2011, 06:49 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3,794

More
EDIT: Damned conversion from all caps.

ONE POINT FOUR JIGGAWATTS!

ACS FTW.
28th March 2011, 06:51 PM |#5  
Flag Louisiana
Thanks Meter: 2,565

Donate to Me
More
Great job Thomas. I'm one of those who can't push the processor past 1.2g. Despite that I have had the privilege of testing pretty much all of the Twilight kernels courtasey of Tanimn as well as the Vision kernel. Both are great kernels, and run smooth on my Epic as long as I don't push it to the highest clock. Never had a reboot or lock up pushing my phone with these kernels. Once gain thanks Thomas, I know how much time and energy you go into this kernel and it shows!
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamsforgotten For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreamsforgotten Ad-Free
28th March 2011, 06:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag St. Louis

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsforgotten

Great job Thomas. I'm one of those who can't push the processor past 1.2g. Despite that I have had the privilege of testing pretty much all of the Twilight kernels courtasey of Tanimn as well as the Vision kernel. Both are great kernels, and run smooth on my Epic as long as I don't push it to the highest clock. Never had a reboot or lock up pushing my phone with these kernels. Once gain thanks Thomas, I know how much time and energy you go into this kernel and it shows!

You the man dreams, much appreciated my friend thank you!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
28th March 2011, 06:55 PM |#7  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

More
OMGGGGGGG

Thank you !!!!!!!!!

..... So fast that Smartbench force closes
The Following User Says Thank You to iSaint For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iSaint Ad-Free
28th March 2011, 07:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
I'll try this in a few days, assuming my phone can handle 1.3 jigga hurtz first. Sure sounds good tho, thanks, I'll report back in a few days.
28th March 2011, 07:23 PM |#9  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 635

More
How is everyone's battery doing running this kernel?
28th March 2011, 07:33 PM |#10  
HOUSTON TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 718

More
nice I just downloaded this and about to set everything up. Thanks!!
28th March 2011, 07:37 PM |#11  
Flag Massachussets
Thanks Meter: 1,988

Donate to Me
More
Yea buddy....

Wheres me and dreams name in big red letters for pushing you to release this

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread