Nightly builds are automated builds from latest cyanogenmod sources. they are not tested in deepth like RC's or stable versions. In most cases they work without any issues. Thats because all patches get reviewed before they are merged into sources - this way, merging of bad code doesnt happen very often.
Since vega does not have official nightly status yet, i do semi-official builds for you on a semi regular basis. We will get official nightlies, once bluetooth is working - but that is a pretty complicated issue.
The vendor vega is currently for Advent Vega and PoV Mobii devices. There might be more added later on.
Official nightly mirror
buildbot had a hdd crash, and it can take some more days until nightlies are back online. that long, i might post semi-official nightlies here.
mirror1: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip size: 66M (68406215 bytes)
mirror2: cm_vega_full_teamdesire-20110531-1412.zip md5sum: 3b8bb1c21cb7c992927566a609a8c21d
Nightly install instruction
Coming from another rom?
- Do a full wipe in clockwork mod recovery
- Install latest nightly build from here
- Flash latest gapps from here
- do the first-time-run-setup wizard
- if you dont use gsm/phone, reboot to recovery and flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery
Upgrading from older nightly?
- Just flash latest rom from here in clockworkmod recovery
- No need to wipe or flash gapps again, if you done on first install
- In rare cases you will encounter bugs, noone else encounters - wipe then and do a fresh install
- In at least 99% no wipe needed - there are known people not having wiped for at least half a year
- Doing a nandroid backup before upgrading is always a wise idea, in case something goes wrong
- if you dont use gsm/phone, flash attached vega-phone-removal.zip - saves battery
- reboot to your updated rom and enjoy
use settings->cm settings->preformance->cpu settings to switch frequencies. optionally use setCPU and similar tools.
USB Host mode instruction
to enable usb host mode for keyboard, mouse and other support, power device off. power it back on. once the screen gets lit, press and hold back key until device is booted (you see the homescreen or lockscreen). now you can connect various usb devices.
clockworkmod 3 for vega
with nightly 61 and later, use rom manager to flash latest stable recovery.
List of known bugs
This is a list of cm7 bugs specific to vega - i wont cover cm7 general bugs here, since they are covered on other places. Feel free to discuss them here, thats what this thread is for.
- no legacy a2sd yet - working on it
- power->reboot->recovery doesnt work and power->reboot->bootloader should be removed
To save space, we had to remove the two cm included themes. If you want them, just download them here and install like any other app.
mirror1: Cyanbread.apk size: 3.6M (3748359 bytes)
mirror2: Cyanbread.apk md5sum: a6963767a063a888536bc470569dcb54
mirror1: Androidian.apk size: 4.0M (4192665 bytes)
mirror2: Androidian.apk md5sum: 6657fa2e31c5a86ec5bdb03ac6e72a65
To save space, we also removed CMWallpapers app. To reinstall them on data partition, download this app and install like any other app.
mirror1: CMWallpapers.apk size: 6.0M (6248124 bytes)
mirror2: CMWallpapers.apk md5sum: b0d02c6eb75e39b7aa0b77e5cee20ace