FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] HTC Hero Open Mobile PR??

1,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

By mike21pr, Senior Member on 30th March 2011, 04:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Quick question, i have a buddy with a CDMA Hero but its carrier is Open Mobile. Its identical to the Sprint Hero. I wanted to know if its ok to use the same custom roms on this one as the Sprint version??? Or do i need something else to make it work?

thankz
The Following User Says Thank You to mike21pr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mike21pr Ad-Free

30th March 2011, 10:39 PM |#2  
Flag Biloxi, MS
Thanks Meter: 13

More
you shouldn't have any problems but make sure that you make a nandroid update just in case. the rom will be branded with sprint's name everywhere, but that is just cosmetic and can be corrected easily.
8th September 2011, 11:11 PM |#3  
Flag Humacao
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21pr

Quick question, i have a buddy with a CDMA Hero but its carrier is Open Mobile. Its identical to the Sprint Hero. I wanted to know if its ok to use the same custom roms on this one as the Sprint version??? Or do i need something else to make it work?

thankz

Im from Puerto Rico as well....I have my HTC EVO 4G from sprint working on Open Mobile. I have the Open Mobile PRL in case needed. Also it took me almost a week to make it work. At first I could generate calls but couldnt send MMS or get on internet. I grabbed a buddys phone and copied its APNs and all the information needed and now I'm enjoying it XD.
The Following User Says Thank You to almaldonado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift almaldonado Ad-Free
20th September 2011, 07:33 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almaldonado

Im from Puerto Rico as well....I have my HTC EVO 4G from sprint working on Open Mobile. I have the Open Mobile PRL in case needed. Also it took me almost a week to make it work. At first I could generate calls but couldnt send MMS or get on internet. I grabbed a buddys phone and copied its APNs and all the information needed and now I'm enjoying it XD.

Is there a way that you could teach me how to do that. I have the samsung showcase from Open Mobile. Updated to 2.3 using the official update from samsung and now i can't get data. is there a way to fix the PRL and APN? Thank you in advance.
23rd September 2011, 07:21 PM |#5  

More
ayuda por favor tengo un htc evo 4g de sprint root, solo necesito hacerlo funcionar en open con todo mms y internet. gracias de antemano.
23rd September 2011, 07:53 PM |#6  
Flag canton ga
Thanks Meter: 153

More
these are english forums dude.
23rd September 2011, 08:49 PM |#7  

More
please help I have a sprint htc 4g evo rooted, I just need it to work in OPEN MOBILE PUERTO RICO mms and internet. Thanks in advance.
24th September 2011, 10:34 PM |#8  
Flag Cacicazgo de Yuiza
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

almaldonado
Hi, I have the same evo too. I am looking to do the same on mine, please Could you contact me? to help me.
7th November 2011, 05:20 PM |#9  

More
Question PRL & ESN
Quote:

HI

Also I am from PR with an Open Mobile carrier phone. Please can you contact me (or show on this tread) how to do this!!. How you put the esn foreign phone on the Open Mobile network?
3rd January 2012, 12:09 AM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Flag Maricao
Thanks Meter: 48

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hey I get 3g to pop up on my epic but it just won't open any sites I have the 3g icon showng what exactly I need ? To get it going???? If someone can simplify what I ned to change ill appreciated!
6th January 2012, 05:14 AM |#11  

More
I think what almaldonado is saying is to try downloading apn back up & restore from the market on a friend's phone who uses Open Mobile with working data, phone, sms etc and on your phone as well.
Open up the app on your phone, use it to back up your APNs and then delete them (not the back up but the actual APNs on your phone). Open the app on your friends phone and hit back up APNs, that will make an xml doc on his sd card in a folder named apnbackrestore. Take that file and copy it to your apnbackuprestore folder, but before that move the APN back up xml file from your phone to your pc for safe keeping . Once your friends xml file is in your apnbackuprestore folder you can go to the app on your phone and hit restore APNs . I can't guarantee that this is what almaldonado meant or that this will work because I have not tried it yet but I will very soon, TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK

if it works please pass me the working xml file, I need it too!

and if anyone can give me the PRL and explain how the hell to change it I would appreciate it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)