FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] i9000 asking for password after update to gingerbread - won't boot

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ilan354, Junior Member on 31st March 2011, 08:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I am a rather experienced user when it comes to flashing/using odin and I had successfully updated to JVK from JV1 and had been using it for a few days. I decided I wanted to use a ROM now, so I went to http://romkitchen.org/beta/ and downloaded a no-wipe rom. I was already rooted but needed CWM so I flashed the new version of CF-Root. Everything worked fine so I used CWM to flash the rom. It started an endless boot cycle (Just the galaxy s i9000 words over and over again) so I decided to just repartition and flash JVK with Odin again as I had a backup and wouldn't lose anything. That worked normally but once the phone started restarting (before it got to any boot image) it went to a password entry box. These were the exact same files that I had used to to flash gingerbread before and I have never had this happen to me before. The only physical button that does anything is the menu button which dims the screen. Pulling out the battery/restarting/reflashing JVK or JV1 doesn't help. Froyo (JS5) does work though so I am using that now. I have tried 3 different versions of Odin, going to JV1 then JVK, different .pit downloads, bootloader and non bootloader version of JVK, none of them make a difference, always the password. I have tried all my passwords, and none of them work.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3891.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	556862  

31st March 2011, 10:09 AM |#2  

More
I have the same problem. Tried a lot of variants without any luck. Currently running JPU instead.

I've started to wonder if the phone is actually asking for a unlock code, as if the phone was locked to specific operator. But anyway there is a digit code you can check if your phone is locked, and mine is not.

Please anyone know how to work around this and what is causing this password prompt?

Rooting or putting a modded kernel on jvk does not help either, still asks for password.
31st March 2011, 10:11 AM |#3  
Account currently disabled
Flag XDA Sucks !
Thanks Meter: 2,021

Donate to Me
More
First of all try 'samfirmware.com' as the password, may be a long shot but maybe the rom originally came from there.

if that doesnt work, i would send doc or stefunel a PM (or check thread) incase some one else has had this issue, they may no the password considering it was downloaded from their kitchen.
31st March 2011, 06:32 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Tried that before, didn't work. It's not their rom anymore, just the stock JVK.
31st March 2011, 06:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Did you try some common pre-set passwords on electronic devices like '0000' or '1234' ? Maybe this is just something like on a dvb receiver...

Sounds unlikely but since you've tried the 'normal' ways...
31st March 2011, 09:47 PM |#6  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 11

More
very strange. Try Samsung , Gingerbread , 0000 , 1234 , I don't know anything else .
1st April 2011, 11:02 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 355

Donate to Me
More
BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
no idea if it will even work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacksome

FIX for anyone having "Confirm Password" issue on Boot:-

1) Just enter some wrong password multiple times
2) Then a Warning message will appear telling you it will remove all SD Card data
3) Type something wrong again!
4) Let the SD Card get wiped.
5) Then the system will bootup properly next time.
I just did one more *2767*3855# Full wipe after bootup.

link to the original poster http://goo.gl/hyzin not sure it will work
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to PAGOT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PAGOT Ad-Free
1st April 2011, 10:46 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT

BUT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
no idea if it will even work

link to the original poster http://goo.gl/hyzin not sure it will work

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! It worked! Now to install Darkys Rom.
1st May 2011, 12:55 AM |#9  

More
It works
Thanks Pagot, that worked and didn't erase my internal SD card (I have no external one).
22nd May 2011, 09:10 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
just enter many wrong password it'll no erase your internal or externe sd card
Tested on JVO
11th June 2011, 03:36 AM |#11  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Post It Works
Had installed deodexed JVP(2.3.4) via CWM, decided to reset and erase the internal SD card. Got the dreaded confirm password on boot, typed in the wrong password multiple times, the phone rebooted, internal SD card was formatted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy, gingerbread, password, problem, strange

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)