FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Looking for bible app... any christians here?

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By KDOG2020, Senior Member on 31st March 2011, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been trying to find a Bible app on the market that actually downloads the WHOLE Bible. to the nook and doesn't need any wifi to work. I had one that had to download the next verse etc. from a server. FAIL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

31st March 2011, 05:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG2020

I've been trying to find a Bible app on the market that actually downloads the WHOLE Bible. to the nook and doesn't need any wifi to work. I had one that had to download the next verse etc. from a server. FAIL. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings my friend. I don't know if you are looking for something paid or free. I use Cadre Bible. The app itself is free and several versions are as well. If you want NIV or NAS, you will have to pay. It is overall a really great app (daily reading schedules, lots of study tools, etc..). No wifi access is needed to read. I did have some issues with the initial install of the paid versions, but they have a great tech support staff via email that helps get things going. God bless you as you continue to pursue Him through His word.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdcrim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bdcrim Ad-Free
31st March 2011, 05:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I can suggest two: Both are excellent

AndBible
YouBible

Both have several versions of Downloadable Bibles. AndBible has commentary, and Strongs and some other extras like devotionals.

Forgot to mention that both are Free - the Bible versions are free in AndBible, YouBible has many free versions including NKJV.
31st March 2011, 05:15 PM |#4  

More
Several available but most download daily verses etc.

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App
31st March 2011, 05:40 PM |#5  

More
Here's the pointer to YouVersion Bible (https://market.android.com/details?i....bible.android), which includes a bunch of downloadable Bibles.

OliveTree also has an Android version (http://www.olivetree.com/android/index.php). Their Bibles are occasionally on sale.

I use YouVersion. I tried OliveTree, it worked on the Nook, but I found YouVersion fulfilled my requirements just fine.
31st March 2011, 06:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
+1 for YouVersion Bible app. FREE dwnloads of NASB and ESV, plus others! Also excellent interface.

Sent from my Nook Color (Froyo on eMMC) using Tapatalk
31st March 2011, 08:38 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Another vote for the YouVersion Bible. It's great. And it is constantly getting updates that make it better and better.
The Following User Says Thank You to bedoig For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bedoig Ad-Free
31st March 2011, 08:55 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Ok I'm trying Cadre bible and the YouVersion for now. The YouVersion is the one I tried before that had to download every verse all the time but I tried it again and downloaded the ASV and NKJV and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone.
31st March 2011, 11:01 PM |#9  
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 95

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG2020

Ok I'm trying Cadre bible and the YouVersion for now. The YouVersion is the one I tried before that had to download every verse all the time but I tried it again and downloaded the ASV and NKJV and it seems to be working. Thanks everyone.

I use YouVersion daily, but I also like Bible.Is. It is an audio bible so you can listen to it on your headphones while you run or work (I have it on my phone too). It also has different voices for the different people speaking so it doesnt get boring listening to the stories being read.
31st March 2011, 11:05 PM |#10  

More
I like the ESV Bible from Marketplace. It doesn't require a connection. I actually have started carrying the Nook to church instead of a hardcopy bible.
1st April 2011, 05:56 AM |#11  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I use the YouVersion as well. Few months back they had NIV available for download for a short while. I sync that file to my phone as well to keep up on my "Bible in one year" goal. The reading plans are nice as is the live notes if your church is listed in it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bible, lol

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)