If you have any of the 0x89xxxx errors, please download the attached "vs_sdeprolightup-enu.zip" file and run it.
attached you'll find a new XAP installer which has quite a few unique selling points.
- In-place update on the phone: In-place update on the phone, e.g. if you already have Version 22.214.171.124 of an app installed on the phone and install 126.96.36.199 an in-place update will performed. No more full "uninstall-new install" cycle required. Your settings, custom files etc. won't be removed (same as marketplace update)
- CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment!
- Deploy from file or URL: You can either specify a file or an URL. If you enter an URL the installer will automatically download the xap.
- Own protocol "wphome": Zune's one-click download for homebrew apps. Automatically install homebrew XAPs with a click on a hyperlink. If you want, you can register the application for the wphome protocol. The application will then be allowed to handle urls like wphome:www.test.com/test.xap and will automatically start as soon as you click on such a link.
To be able to use "wphome" hyperlinks, you have to click on "Register protocol..." once.
wphome Testlink: wphome:http://www.nextbestgeek.com/w...helloworld.xap (for testing after you've installed the tool and registered it for the protocol)
After you've opened a XAP file, details will be shown in the top bar.
This is the first step in my plan to provide a homebrew marketplace.
Updated V0.6 - 1-APR-2011
+ Full Log
+ Multiple tweaks, bugfixes
Updated V0.7 - 2-APR-2011
+ CoreCon2 based, e.g. Phone Dev Tools are no longer required for application deployment![*]
+ Drag'n'Drop support. Just drag and drop any xap from explorer to the tool.
[*] You need a working CoreCon2 installation. If CoreCon2 is not installed on your pc (normally only installed with the Phone Dev Tool) the tool will detect it and download a small installer.
Updated V0.8 - 2-APR-2011
+ Fixed "No addional data: Could not extract XAP file" Bug
+ XAP-Information is show much faster now
+ CoreCon2 Installer now online. You won't need the full Phone Dev Tools for this XAP Deployer
Updated V0.9 - 6-APR-2011
+ Selected Target will now be automatically saved
+ Deploy-Menu for XAP files. Registers a file handler for *.xap and provides a "Deploy" menu entry in file's context menu.
- Phone has to be unlocked (either dev, chevron or any other method)
- Zune has to be running and has to be connected to the phone
- Windows Vista or Windows 7, according to users: Windows XP