- Increased the dictionary size to 370k words (LatinIME_370k.rar) which is almost the maximum size based of the makedict.jar's source
- Rebuilt from the latest CyanogenMod (Nightly #172) source
- Added new (adb) install method
- Added the 2 length words (example: az, de, és) into the dictionary
- Rebuilt from the latest CyanogenMod (Nightly #104) source
- Rebuilt from the latest CyanogenMod 7.0.0 source
I've created a custom gingerbread keyboard with an sms friendly Hungarian Dictionary for my own use but I tough maybe someone else could find it useful also.
What I call SMS Friendly characters:
Because of the limitation of the extended ascii characters encoding when you enter the one of the following acute accent characters (á,ó,ú,ű)
then the maximum length of the current sms message will be only 70 characters instead of the original 160.
If we replace them with their grave accent version (sms friendly) than we got back the original length of the sms message.
- contains the top 100k frequently used words created by Hungarian Webcorpus
- removed all the very short words (length < 2) and numbers
- replaced all special Hungarian accented characters to its sms friendly version:
á -> à
ú -> ù
ű -> ü (*)
í -> ì
ó -> ò
ő -> ö (*)
(*) : I know this replace cause incorrect grammar but I can live with that
- used the latest CyanogenMod's source from the github (credit goes to the great CyanogenMod Team )
- changed the accented pop-up characters to their friendly version as I did in the dictionary also
- Before you install it a backup is highly recommended!!!
- I. Replace the originally LatinIME.apk in the system\app directory in your custom rom before you install it via recovery
- II: Install via adb commands:
1. Reboot phone into Recovery (make sure phone is plugged into PC)
2. Select "mounts and storage" then select "mount system"
3. Open your command prompt and remount /system as writable
adb push LatinIME.apk /system/app
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/LatinIME.apk
After you installed the apk you should select the Hungarian (Magyar) language to take effect.
You can do it here: Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Android keyboard -> Input languages
Warning it removes any other dictionary from the system!
Please note it was tested only on the CyanogenMOD's nightly ROM.