FORUMS

[THEME] Dread's Black and Blue for CM7 Theme Chooser HDPI only updated 4/19/2011

1,315 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,121

By Dread 7us, Inactive Recognized Developer on 5th April 2011, 04:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a theme very similar to my black and green version for CM7 but blue instead of green. The new version should work with any version of CM7 but I've only tested it on Stable 7.0.0. New version is an APK compatible with t-mobile theme engine (Theme Chooser). Old version includes LauncherPro (as seen in pics), custom font (accidental presidency) and flying windows and transition animations. Bottom dock easily setup the same as in screenshots with instructions below. Background as seen in screenshots can be downloaded here. Thanks goes to sublime1184 for the blue progress bars.

Changelog:
4/15/2011: T-mobile theme engine version available for Theme Chooser! Power notification widget themed too (see pic below). This is version 1.0, so far everything seems to be working properly. Any issues please let me know here.

New! 4/19/2011: New donate version available on Android Market for only $1.29. I'm releasing version 1.3 here for you guys but it probably will not get updates here. If you like the theme please consider purchasing the donate version on the market here or by searching for "dread 7us" (this will show all my themes available). New in version 1.3: cleaned up the settings icons, created new icon and preview pic, fixed 4G status icons now blue, themed the notification and power control icons blue, themed some application icons, themed browser, mms, email, gmail, google quick search, phone, launcherpro, market, facebook, contacts and probably other apps I don't remember. If coming from version 1.0, uninstall it first before installing premium version. Also, you *may* get a FC of a random app when installing; just ignore it, open Theme Chooser select the theme and reboot phone like normal. Thanks goes to fifedogg and drob311 for testing. See screenshots below.

Disclaimer:
I'm not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone.

Instructions for new Theme Chooser version:
1. Download and install the APK (make sure you have "Unknown sources" selected in "Application settings").
2. Go into your apps and select "Theme Chooser".
3. Select "Dreads_BlackAndBlue" (see pic below in screenshots).
4. It will say "Theme error. Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size.", ignore this and select "Apply anyway" (this is a known issue with the method I used to create it - assets aren't missing and it will work just fine
5. Reboot phone to make sure everything takes correctly, enjoy

Instructions for notification power widget:
1. Press "menu".
2. Select "Settings".
3. Select "CyanogenMod settings".
4. Select "Interface".
5. Select "Notification power widget".
6. Select "Indicator color".
7. Change the color to match the theme.

Instructions for old RC4.1 version:
1. Make a nandroid just in case.
2. Wipe Dalvik cache.
3. Use CWM 3.x to flash.
4. Flash over CM7 RC4.1.
5. Make sure you have "System" selected in the app "Theme Chooser".

Font too small?
1. Go into your app drawer.
2. Select "Spare Parts".
3. Under "General" change the "Font size" to your preference .

Screenshots moved to the next post below

Download new version (Theme Chooser APK):
Dread's Black and Blue CM7 Theme Chooser APK version 1.3 updated 4/19/11
Dread's Black and Blue CM7 Theme Chooser APK version 1.0 updated 4/15/11

Download old flashable RC4.1 version:
Dread's Black and Blue CM7 updated 4/4/11
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dread 7us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dread 7us Ad-Free
5th April 2011, 04:53 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots
Screenshots 4/19/2011 Theme Chooser version:

6th April 2011, 05:32 AM |#3  
Flag Cape Girardeau
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Nicely done!

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App
6th April 2011, 05:52 AM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothtaste

Nicely done!

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App

Thanks

Sent from my PG06100
11th April 2011, 01:05 PM |#5  
Flag Southwest Michigan
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Love this theme! Anyone tried it on CM7 release yet? I think I'm going to have to do it soon and get my blue back!

*Edit* Well that didnt work out so well. Flashed to CM7 release and it boot loops.
11th April 2011, 11:56 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby Baker

Love this theme! Anyone tried it on CM7 release yet? I think I'm going to have to do it soon and get my blue back!

*Edit* Well that didnt work out so well. Flashed to CM7 release and it boot loops.

I'm going to update them

Sent from my PG06100
The Following User Says Thank You to Dread 7us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dread 7us Ad-Free
12th April 2011, 04:38 PM |#7  
Flag Southwest Michigan
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread 7us

I'm going to update them

Sent from my PG06100

I figured you might have to, just was hoping that it would work, as your theme was working fine on the last nightly I used (36).
13th April 2011, 05:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:

I'm going to update them

Sent from my PG06100

Is there anyway you can make a cool battery indicator like you do in most of your CM7 themes. I'd love just to have a cyan color circular battrey mod.
13th April 2011, 11:33 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifedogg

Is there anyway you can make a cool battery indicator like you do in most of your CM7 themes. I'd love just to have a cyan color circular battrey mod.

Just the battery?

Sent from my PG06100
14th April 2011, 12:41 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:

Just the battery?

Sent from my PG06100

Yeah I like the circular battery mod. Any way to match the same Cyan color on built in CM7 theme but with circular battery indicator style and also add the cyan to the alarm and headphones indicators that show up on the notification bar.
16th April 2011, 03:41 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Updated to theme chooser apk!

Sent from my PG06100
The Following User Says Thank You to Dread 7us For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dread 7us Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)