[MOD] Make Rosie Launcher auto Rotate/update.zip added

Search This thread

bgill55

Mar 16, 2011
Las Vegas
Ok all i bring you a new Mod that will make your rosie Launcher auto rotate to landscape when you turn your tbolt to the side :)

I am making the assumpution you all know how to decompile and recompile the rosie.apk if you dont read up and come back to this thread.

Ok so you have the Rosie.apk decompiled already open up the AndroidManifest.xml with your favorite text editor, and look for this bit of code:

Code:
android:screenOrientation="nosensor"

ok here comes the tricky part, if you arent sitting down you better. change "nosensor" to "sensor"

so it looks like this:

Code:
android:screenOrientation="sensor"

recompile and bam you are done!

get it back on to your phone and enjoy landscape in all its glory!

a few hints, I chose with spare parts to keep the launcer in memory seems to help with redraws. also dont for get to enable auto rotation!! enjoy. if I helped out in any way just give me a thanks!!

*Known Issues
Cant turn rotation off.

Ouiqy.png

----------------------------------------------------

For those of you having issue or dont want a themed rosie here is a stock Rosie.apk in a update.zip flash through clockwork. I have only tested it on Das BAMF so use accordingly. if you have a themed rosie you will lose the theme. I assume no responsibility for what this does to your Launcher make a back up before flashing!!!

Enjoy

Download:

Stock Rosie Landscape

Last edited:

seang

Sep 3, 2007
if that's all it is, why did they not enable it to begin with... geez.

bgill55

Mar 16, 2011
Las Vegas
Would it be possible to post the modified Rosie.apk for those of us noobs that don't feel comfortable with de/compiling?

all your rom devs im sure will either include this or have an option for if not, let me know. and ill get one one up. Or you can go down load My Linear theme which has it done already ;)

gadget!

Sep 15, 2009
Boise, Idaho
www.kooldezine.com
Thank you vey much for this, This is what I have been waiting for.

Now the issue it that the Thunderbolt Sense widgets don't all support Landscape...
Unbelievable!

The Contact Widget and the Calendar Widget are distorted and they don't fill the screen in Landscape.

Also, something interesting, the phone doesn't rotate to landscape unless you launch it from the Car Panel (not that it really needs to but interesting).

I can't believe HTC would make so many different widgets, they all seem to work fine on the Desire Z ROMs.

mzimand

Jan 29, 2010
I have a question about non deodexed ROMS. Do I have to do anything to the ODEX file? or just make the changes to the apk?

Also installed the landscape apk in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1007745 and it does not work on my phone. Is that becasue it is not deodexed?

Thanks

Last edited:

chingy51o

Jun 6, 2009
Cali
If only the 4x5 didn't look retarded in landscape...
Btw anyone on my rom that wants to use this ill make it an optional mod later today.
Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
what does "rosie" actually do?

I installed the Perfect Storm and I see in my apps I have "rosie settings"

When I tap on it...is shows the internet icon and has a button to the right that seays "select" when I press it...all my apps come up.....

I am not really sure how this works.....can someone enlighten
me?
Also.what is 4 x 5 lanscape mode?

shelooga

Dec 6, 2010
Two things: can I go into rosie through rootexplorer and change this, or is it going to f with the file? And do you know how I can ditch this personalize button?
3 things I guess: thanks for the gps remover!

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
Running das bamf 1.3...is there anyway to make rosie landscape??? I do not see the code line in rosie.apk....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok all i bring you a new Mod that will make your rosie Launcher auto rotate to landscape when you turn your tbolt to the side :)

I am making the assumpution you all know how to decompile and recompile the rosie.apk if you dont read up and come back to this thread.

Ok so you have the Rosie.apk decompiled already open up the AndroidManifest.xml with your favorite text editor, and look for this bit of code:

Code:
    android:screenOrientation="nosensor"

ok here comes the tricky part, if you arent sitting down you better. change "nosensor" to "sensor"

so it looks like this:

Code:
    android:screenOrientation="sensor"

recompile and bam you are done!

get it back on to your phone and enjoy landscape in all its glory!

a few hints, I chose with spare parts to keep the launcer in memory seems to help with redraws. also dont for get to enable auto rotation!! enjoy. if I helped out in any way just give me a thanks!!

*Known Issues
    Cant turn rotation off.

Ouiqy.png

----------------------------------------------------

For those of you having issue or dont want a themed rosie here is a stock Rosie.apk in a update.zip flash through clockwork. I have only tested it on Das BAMF so use accordingly. if you have a themed rosie you will lose the theme. I assume no responsibility for what this does to your Launcher make a back up before flashing!!!

Enjoy

Download:

Stock Rosie Landscape
    I LOVE YOU BGILL! You are my hero!! :D
    I'll do a little research on making an update.zip, I have a hard time with the update binary as I have no idea how to create one on my mac.

grab mine from the OP and swap out the APKs....Done
    Hey bgill55 I have my TB stock just rooted I was wondering if you could make this available for me? I'm not planning on using any roms.