FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV/Closed] TYTUNG Kernel's Compatible Bluetooth Headsets List [tytung_r9 kernel]

3,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,084

By tytung, Senior Member on 5th April 2011, 12:33 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Apr. 15 update:
Thanks for all feedbacks.
I have made sure all changes of Bluetooth code in the recent kernel releases are alright.
Please install the latest tytung_r9 kernel for Bluetooth compatibility testing.
And flash audio.conf_update.zip to see if changing Bluetooth settings in ROM will improve the stability or not.

End of testing below:
Hello Everyone:

We have changed something in Bluetooth related source code in recent kernel releases. (Thanks all devs.)
Each kernel has different changes, and I would like to collect the info about which kernels can support your Bluetooth devices (headsets, car kits, or any devices) or not.
These info may help me develop the next kernel.

These four kernels may have different behaviors when using with your Bluetooth devices.
  • Apr 03: tytung_r9_beta
    • Supported unique Bluetooth MAC address.
    • Supported Bluetooth auto-reconnect.
    • Supported two-way call recording.
    • Included my modified initrd.gz (modify init.htcleo.rc to support unique Bluetooth MAC address)
  • Mar 27: tytung_r8.3
    • Updated Bluetooth stack from AOSP.
  • Mar 25: tytung_r8.2
    • Fixed Bluetooth 60mA battery drain (i.e. support Low Power Mode) (Big thanks to Trilu and Charansingh)
    • Included my modified initrd.gz (add --enable_lpm to support Low Power Mode)
  • Mar 24: tytung_r8.1
    • It represents all previous kernels which have Bluetooth 60mA battery drain.

For me, they all work with my Bluetooth enabled PC. (Acer Aspire Z5710)
And I can also use another native Android phone to transfer files to/from HD2 via Bluetooth by using ES File Explorer.

If you would like to help test tytung_r9 kernel, please flash it and give me the report.
Remember to make a nandroid backup before testing, to restore back after testing or if anything goes wrong.
You can replace /boot/initrd.gz in zip file with logwrapper version in attach files to output the detail log to ddms/logcat.
Before every kernel testing, please delete Bluetooth devices in Bluetooth settings on your phone, and then rescan, repair, and connect to your BT devices again.

Kernels tytung_r9 include initrd.gz which is optimized for an AOSP ROM (i.e. NexusHD2-Gingerbread) and may be not compatible with other ROMs (e.g. CM7 or MIUI).
For example, if tytung_r9 causes any problem, please replace /boot/initrd.gz of kernel_tytung_r9_update.zip with your original ROM's initrd.gz and then flash it again.
Besides, make sure you have the following lines in init.htcleo.rc located in initrd.gz to support the unique Bluetooth MAC address fix in r9.
Code:
    # bluetooth MAC address programming
    chown bluetooth bluetooth /sys/module/board_htcleo/parameters/bdaddr
    setprop ro.bt.bdaddr_path /sys/module/board_htcleo/parameters/bdaddr
Report format:
  • ROM that you are using:
  • Kernel version:
  • Bluetooth Headset/Device (brand):
  • Stereo music (A2DP):
  • Remote control (play/pause/skip music) (AVRCP):
  • Phonebook access (vCard exchange) (PBAP):
  • Files transfers (OPP/OBEX):
  • Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN):
  • Make or answer a call (HSP):
  • Detail description:

You can reply here and/or post in Google Docs: TYTUNG Kernel's Compatible Bluetooth Headsets List to be more organized.

I hope your time and effort for testing and sharing the results to XDA will help others purchase their next Bluetooth headset/device.

Thanks
--tytung
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free

5th April 2011, 01:04 PM |#2  
Flag L'viv
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Will this help solving the stereo Bluetooth thing on sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to white-energy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift white-energy Ad-Free
5th April 2011, 01:12 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by white-energy

Will this help solving the stereo Bluetooth thing on sense?

Even a native Android phone cannot also support all brand of Bluetooth devices.
So this's mainly a compatible Bluetooth Headsets List, and maybe it will help develop the kernel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tytung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tytung Ad-Free
5th April 2011, 01:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Hey tytung,

gonna give your new kernel a try, since I am also having BT issues with my car handsfree unit. I can't pair it with any gingerbread rom yet. The Pairing/PIN dialog to enter the pin code just doesn't come up.
But I don't think it's a kernel issue for me since I tried imilkas 2.3.3 Sense 2.1 rom and with that I can pair my device perfectly fine.
Right now I am playing around with the bluez config files (auto_pairing.conf etc) to see if that fixes anything for me.
What is more with froyo roms I never had trouble with my car handsfree, worked perfectly fine.

boba

Edit: back to your question, 8.3 BT is working with the following devices for me: Jabbra BT250 headset, FM9 BT TMC Receiver, Lenovo T60p Bluetooth - But NOT working, not pairing with my built in Parrot handsfree/headunit in a Peugeot 207cc.

boba
5th April 2011, 01:22 PM |#5  
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 327

More
i have typhoon 2.9.3
your kernel r9 works ok with motorola h300 bt headset.it is not stereo headset but with supermonofroyo bt app i can hear music from the headset.
5th April 2011, 01:38 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boba23

Hey tytung,

gonna give your new kernel a try, since I am also having BT issues with my car handsfree unit. I can't pair it with any gingerbread rom yet. The Pairing/PIN dialog to enter the pin code just doesn't come up.
But I don't think it's a kernel issue for me since I tried imilkas 2.3.3 Sense 2.1 rom and with that I can pair my device perfectly fine.
Right now I am playing around with the bluez config files (auto_pairing.conf etc) to see if that fixes anything for me.
What is more with froyo roms I never had trouble with my car handsfree, worked perfectly fine.

boba

Edit: back to your question, 8.3 BT is working with the following devices for me: Jabbra BT250 headset, FM9 BT TMC Receiver, Lenovo T60p Bluetooth - But NOT working, not pairing with my built in Parrot handsfree/headunit in a Peugeot 207cc.

boba

Sense ROMs and AOSP ROMs use different Bluetooth stack, so that'll be the cause.
In other words, HTC uses a modified BT stack in their Sense ROMs.
5th April 2011, 01:52 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 592

More
ROM:Typhoon2.9.4
BT Headset:SE MW600
Kernel:r9

Everything works. Good call recording sound even via BT Headset although it is louder via Phone.
A2DP and AVRCP all work.
Reconnects perfectly
5th April 2011, 02:03 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tytung

Sense ROMs and AOSP ROMs use different Bluetooth stack, so that'll be the cause.
In other words, HTC uses a modified BT stack in their Sense ROMs.

Yea, that's what I figured as well. You think it's possible (if everything else fails for me) to port/use that modded stack to a CM7 rom?
If you look at the files (bluetoothd, libs and so on) it's definately still bluez based. Question is what does HTC modify and what other files are needed ...

boba
5th April 2011, 02:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Tytung,

Thanks so much for working on this!
Just tried with hyperdroid v11 and it boots ok and Bluetooth appears to have a full mac address now.

But, it still doesn't work properly with wireless tether in Bluetooth PAN mode to my iPad or Macbook Pro in OSX or Windows 7.

Wireless tether still says error :SIOCSIFFLAGS (cannot assign requested address)

So for some reason it isn't assigning an IP to the ipad/laptop.

Could be a problem with the app itself but others reported it was the mac address causing the problem so I'm not sure.

I'm very grateful for your effort in looking at this though so thank you!
5th April 2011, 02:35 PM |#10  
Tytung,

despite the heavy battery drain r8.1 was working very well with my parrot ck3400 carkit (carkit and gps mouse).
kernel r8.3 (among in Tyween Typhoon cLK versions) was giving a lot of problems to connect and reconnect when making a phone call or connecting the gps mouse trough bluetooth. I always have to flash your cLK_tytung_bt fix for a working bluetooth connection. i don't know what kernel this is.

Will test r9 beta on Tyween Typhone 2.9.4 and report back to you asap
5th April 2011, 02:41 PM |#11  
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by boba23

Hey tytung,

boba

boba

side note:
a German driving a French car???? hmm
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread