This is an Alpha build. Almost nothing works at the moment. Don't expect a golden daily driver... This aint it. If you find a download link throughout this thread, don't flash it, as I can't promise anyone will help you un(soft)brick your device.
Let's start this with : I take zero, zilch and no responsibility for anything you do to your device using anything from this thread.
If space alien ninja cows come down and eat it because they want to taste honeycomb, your fault, sorry.
There have been zero reports of anyone "hard bricking" their device, but again, I'm not responsible if you become the first.
I also take no credit for any of the work, I've only compiled what I have found so far.
I also can't stress this enough... This is a VERY EARLY STAGE of the port. ALMOST NOTHING WORKS. Any updates that take place will need to be documented within this post. I'm willing to keep track of all this, but *I AM NOT A DEV.* The original dev of this port is
**Please see bottom of this post for change log**
Various vidoes have been made, but the quality of this one is really nice. Thanks museboy!
This is a direct port of Spacemoose's Alpha v.040211 release. Not much works.
In Spacemoose's thread, credit is given to
[*] A russian-language GSM port attempt based on this project. (Thanks, dsf767.)
[*] System must already be converted to EXT4. This can be done by various methods, flashing the Overcome rom/kernel will do it.
[*] Tab confirmed to charge while off and reports of lockscreen charging have been made.
- BACKUP EVERYTHING. Everything? EV-ER-Y-THING. Especially your internal SD card. There have been reports (that I've experienced) of your internal SD card getting wiped in either going to or coming from Honeycomb. (It usually requires a repartition to go back... so yeah, that'd do it.)
- Did you back everything up? You will loose any information on your internal SD card coming back to normal from this build.
- Download Rom to EXTERNAL SD:
- Download Kernel to EXTERNAL SD:
- Did you back up your internal SD card? What about external? Last warning. Next person to complain about their internal SD card get's the bonk.
- Wipe Data/Factory restore
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Wipe Delvik Cache
- Flash honeycomb rom using CWM (This seems to have only been tested and confirmed from the Overcome modified CWM, although any should work in theory.)
- Reboot into new RED CWM.
- Flash kernel using RED CWM
- Reboot into new ORANGE CWM.
- Wipe data/Factory reset
- Wipe both caches.
- Flash honeycomb rom using the ORANGE CWM.
- There is no boot screen after the Galaxy Tab logo screen, just a black screen. Wait at least 5 minutes for it to boot. If it doesn't after 10, something went wrong.
- If this fails, attempt to go back to stock by flashing p1_hidden.pit and any of Roto's stock roms/firmwares. From here it has been confirmed to work if you flash the Overcome rom/kernel before moving to the Android 3.0 rom/kernel. (Thanks Cal-El!)
Honeycomb build. You will loose all information on your internal SD card.
I told you to back it up.
Taken from Alterbridge's Overcome Rom posting (which should fix any hangups while flashing to/from this Honeycomb)
IF your Tab does not boot after flashing the kernel and hangs at the Samsung Galaxy Tab screen, you must follow the following procedure
- Get a stock rom package (any of Rotohammer's firmwares will work)
- Get P1_add_hidden.zip from this post and extract the P1_add_hidden.pit file
- Using Odin 1.7, put stock rom (Roto-JME-Full-v4.tar for example) in PDA slot.
- Put P1_add_hidden.pit in Pit slot
- Check repartition box
- Put Tab in download mode by holding Volume Down and Power, connect to the computer, and press start.
- After this, the Tab will reboot normally. Shut it down and return to download mode.
- Open Odin 1.7 and reconnect the Tab.
- In the PDA slot, choose the Overcome Kernel v2.0 tar file for use with Odin. Press start
- It will flash the kernel then reboot. Upon reboot, you should hear the sexy robot voices informing you of the status of the EXT4 conversion.
- Once done, the Tab will boot normally. At this point you can load Overcome Rom (or any other Rom of your choosing)
[*]Remember, No wi-fi, no 3g, no phone calls, nothing. This is a test port. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED OVER 5 TIMES NOW, no complaining about it later.
[*]If your internal SD card reads ~220 MB after coming from this ROM to anything else, you didn't read my post... Try again.
[*] Mirrors :
*Update on driver work for wi-fi (4/12): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=224 (Thanks DemonGloom for translating)
*Also added video to OP (Thanks to museboy!)