FORUMS

Dell Venue Pro with no sound when making call

91 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By MrAdelphi02, Member on 6th April 2011, 11:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I received my DVP yesterday (after wating for a LONG time to get it), everything is working fine except my ability to make and receive calls.

I can only hear sound when the phone is in speaker mode, I was therefore wondering whether I had a setting that needed to be changed to 'hear' the phone call normally or if I need to send the phone back and wait a long time again for a new phone to arrive.

Please help : (
3rd May 2011, 04:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having the same problem although it just started this morning. I've had my unit since Feb...

Trying a hard reset now but the tech at Tmobile said it may be a hardware issue...

Will wait and see after updates...

If anyone else other than the OP and I have encountered this problem please let us know if it's salvagable or will we have to deal with Dell and get a replacement...
3rd May 2011, 08:20 PM |#3  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Well mine didn't work since opening the box. Called Dell and they set up to send me a replacement. A week after Called them again to see what had happened with the replacement and they said they cancelled it. Now they're going to send me a 16gb version. Let's see how that goes~
4th May 2011, 09:51 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I just sent mine back as they were going to 'repair' my phone over a 30 days period..I so sent it back and got a refund...
5th May 2011, 11:53 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I called dell on Tuesday to report the problem. I told the techsupport guy that I've done the hard resets, etc. and none of it has worked. So the guy said he will get a dispatch put in to get me a replacement.

I told him that I am traveling internationally on Friday (really) and that if it can't get here by then, to just hold off on it. He said he will try and see.

The call to get a guy and obtain a dispatch number took me 5 minutes only!

Yesterday I got a call saying that the phone has been mailed (OMG!) and to watch for it Thursday (today). But little did I know, I got the phone less than 3 hours after the call...

The new unit is working great and I have to admit, Dell definitely cleaned up their act from a few months ago...

Hope the rest of you have a good Dell experience like I did!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)