After the dust settled with all the excitement of the new Sense Gingerbread, I revisited this port, and IMHO this one has real potential. It seems fast and stable and I am hoping to get everything working in the near future, well at least everything except the camera. Additionally, I am in parallel working on a method to add proper RTL support (Hebrew, Arabic) to closed source ROMs, and this ROM will incorporate this as well.
HeroLatte-0.9.zip (Android RTK)
Fix for setting lockscreen wallpaper on version 0.9: (disables JIT and breaks root for most people)
HeroLatte-dalvik-0.5.zip (Android RTK)
(Please also do a dalvik wipe just in case when flashing this update, full wipe not necessary)
This is a major upgrade with a lot work done, there might be some new bugs added. Would appreciate help testing this version from the flash junkies. See also the known bugs and change log below.
- Full wipe and flash from recovery
- First load will take a while
Known bugs and limitations:
- I was experiencing some bad lags while doing the initial setup with this version (0.9), much more than I thought there would be. Still after it rested for a bit, it seems ok now. Please share your experiences about the lag on this version.
- Graphical glitch on incoming call lockscreen with default theme
- Graphical problems with Russian dialpad
- Camera does not make click sound.
- Translation to other languages might not be perfect as I took them from the Wildfire ROM.
- Wifi hotspot does not work (I believe we don't have kernel support for this)
- Arabic reshaping is not supported in the web browser (and other "small" Arabic problem support problem like the crazy cursor movement, which at least currently also exist in CM7).
- Anything else?
- Camera fixed (although no click sound )
- Notifications fixed + trackball notification for missed calls
- Autobacklight dim bug fixed
- Replaced dalvik implementation and enabled JIT
- UI tweaks
- Recent apps removed from status bar
- Menu key no longer unlocks boot screen
- OpenGL 1.1
- Updated google apps
- Low memory and scheduler params tweaked
- Added translations from the Wildfire Froyo Sense, there could be some places which are still missing translations because this ROM originally only has english.
- Espresso Sense tweaked to look a bit better - Thanks ArnoSlag
- GPS fixed
- BT audio fixed (I think)
- Light fixed (but not trackball)
- Gyros fixed (at least partially)
- Audio gliches fixes
- Added reboot menu
- ROM Cleanup a bit
- Full Hebrew and Arabic support (except for Arabic support in browser)
Version 0.2 (Herosso)
- Initial version base on T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide update 2.15.531.3.
- Basic hardware support
Thanks to Arnoslag for the help with the 0.5 release.
Thanks to Sebastian for getting the camera working on newer Sense versions and general tips about porting.