How to Fix Bricked X10 Mini And Pro

Search This thread

farhanino

Dec 10, 2010
Johannesburg
Ok so yes i bricked my phone in a constant boot loop after doing stpid things on my phone through xrecovery installing things that were not intended for my fone and corrupted it, but i recently just fixed it and i thought why not help people in similar problems...

this is how i did it...:)

i downloaded flashtool and downloaded the desired and needed firmware for my fone ( in this case was the 2.1 uk for x10 mini pro) be sure to not to be mixed by the difference of a mini firmware and a mini pro firmware they are 2 different things...

everything i did is shown in more detail here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=928343

The se firmware files are there aswell as instructions to how to create bundles through flashtool.....

But the MAIN problem with flashtool as ive seen is tat it does not detect the fone wen it asks u to hold the back key before connecting the usb wire to enter flashmode.... this is where i came across ggsetup-2.2.0.5... this file installs the necessary semc usb flash drivers in order for flashtool to detect the fone being connected in flash mode.....

so in short...download flashtool, install flashtool...install the gg setup... download necessary firmware and follow instructions on the thread given above or ask direct questions in reply to this post if havin difficulties.... then flash it and you'l have a brand new phone :) hope this helps! ;)

Attachments

• ggsetup-2.2.0.5.zip
    3 MB · Views: 5,907

nujhum

Jan 24, 2011
Kota Kinabalu
arc-loft.blogspot.com
You have to turn off you device, press and hold the back key, and plug in usb. When the green led flash you are good to go. But if it still doesnt work.
Try to flash using SEUS. You can downlod it from sony ericsson official site. And please use the search function,there is post related to your problem. And use it as reference.

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
Hi, I've installed Flashtool and Gordon's Gate. But when i click "flash" on FlashTool, it still asks me to unplug the device, Power off the device, Press the back button and hold it, plug the USB cable. My dad's x10 mini was stuck on the Sony Ericsson screen and now it just has no response to anything(charging=> no LED, Power button => nothing happens) So i can't do the "back button method" Any ideas?

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
I did it in this sequence.
1. Dl and install FlashTool 0.2.9.1
2. Dl x10 mini ftf(which is a zip file)
3. Created bundle
4. Installed ggsetup
5. Click "Flash" and chose the bundle that was created
6. Then i encounter the Back button problem which i can't get pass.

Please Help!!! :( I don't dare to bring it to Sony Ericsson's Service Centre. Thanks in advance:D.

f-24

Feb 25, 2011
Kuching
3. Created bundle
4. Installed ggsetup

Please Help!!! :( I don't dare to bring it to Sony Ericsson's Service Centre. Thanks in advance:D.

hold back button in switch off mode when connect usb to pc until there is green led shown

Last edited:
Reactions: limegre3n

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
hold back button in switch off mode when connect usb to pc until there is green led shown
I've tried it but there seems to be no reaction on the phone or comp. :c I can't on or off the phone. When charging there's no lit led. It was initially stuck at sony ericsson screen.

Last edited:

thekindladies

Sep 24, 2010
Have you tried to connect the usb cable holding the power button and the back key?

Or also holding the power button, the menu button (left) and the back button (right).

Reactions: limegre3n

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
Have you tried to connect the usb cable holding the power button and the back key?

Or also holding the power button, the menu button (left) and the back button (right).

Could you fill me in on the details? Do i hold both the power button and back key when i plug it in? and when do I release(for both method) :confused: Thanks in advance! Your help is greatly appreciated.:)

Last edited:

limegre3n

Sep 12, 2009
Hey guys, i managed to restore my phone:DDDDDD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

For ppl who experience the following problems:
1. Stuck at the "Sony Ericsson" screen
2. Black out and nothing shows on the screen/ no response to anything you do
3. Red LED light flashes when you press on the power button.

For Problem no. 1,
1. Download and install FlashTool & ggsetup from the link in the first post.
2. Download your respective firmwares from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=928343. (I'm from Singapore using GSM server, I dl-ed the E10i UK)

3. Follow instructions in OPTION 2 to create ftf. file.
4. Follow instructions in OPTION 1.
5. If you encounter the problem that i encounter in the above, I managed to overcome the detection problem by:

Firstly, connecting your device to the USB(which is connected to your comp DUH!) when asked.
Secondly, hold 'home' button(Middle) and 'back' button(right) and 'power' button (Top) simultaneously/ at the same time.
Let go of home button and power button when backlight of your phone's screen blacks out.
If detection fails and you get a red LED flashing, release back button. Now, hold Home button and Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Wait for red light to disappear. You should get a green light and your comp should detect it now.
Let the flashing process run. TADAA! NOW SMILE!!!:D

For people who encounter problems 2 or 3,
Easy, charge your phone and you should get it up to the Sony ericsson screen again. Now proceed with the steps for problem 1.

I'm not responsible for anything if the above steps do not aid in you recovering your phone.

To those whom i've helped, you're welcome! I've been there and it was scary so i hope this helps! Lesson learnt: Never mess with your Dad's phone :D

zorro83

May 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Could you please help me with this problem
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1131097

I have tried this, but still stuck with the problem.
Thanks...

For Problem no. 1,
2. Download your respective firmwares from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=928343. (I'm from Singapore using GSM server, I dl-ed the E10i UK)

5. If you encounter the problem that i encounter in the above, I managed to overcome the detection problem by:

Firstly, connecting your device to the USB(which is connected to your comp DUH!) when asked.
Secondly, hold 'home' button(Middle) and 'back' button(right) and 'power' button (Top) simultaneously/ at the same time.
Let go of home button and power button when backlight of your phone's screen blacks out.
If detection fails and you get a red LED flashing, release back button. Now, hold Home button and Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Wait for red light to disappear. You should get a green light and your comp should detect it now.

Easy, charge your phone and you should get it up to the Sony ericsson screen again. Now proceed with the steps for problem 1.

I'm not responsible for anything if the above steps do not aid in you recovering your phone.

To those whom i've helped, you're welcome! I've been there and it was scary so i hope this helps! Lesson learnt: Never mess with your Dad's phone :D

Last edited:

kormatoes

Ffs lol use
Seus come on lads some time we have to start a fresh or if you have recovery use power cable trick to get back into recovery
upload any rom for this program plz! im bricked my x10 mini pro

thanks again slade 87 ,sent from x10 mini pro cm7 15.0 ,,,,also on you tube (totalchris08) xbox360 (kormatoes ne5 ) ps3 (langtoes) ask my anything , I COULD KNOW THE ANSER OR I MIGHT NOT ,

krulelina

Aug 25, 2011
thanxxx a lot..finally i repair my x10mini pro by myself...which's i save cost & time....THX a lot dude!!!!!

lawgone

Jan 24, 2011
Manila
Guys need help.

I bricked my X10 Mini and will reflash to bring it back to normal.

I downloaded the ftf file from this link, however inside the folder are .sin files.

I understand I need to create an ftf file for flashing and according to the instructions, I need a dualtouch file. Where will I get that?

EDIT: Lol I just figured out that I was reading an X10 Tutorial a while ago haha. I simply created an ftf file and reflashed through limegre3n's tut and also farhanino's initial post.

Thanks.

Last edited:

kissmyarch

Jun 23, 2011
Ηi! Here's how I did it on my mini pro

Yeah, pc companion tells me that there is no software updates for my phone when clicking the repair button. Seus also doesn't work (also it's so damn hard to find it on se website). So, I've tried flashtool and finally got stock 2.1 back in. The instructions are here. If you get lost through the pages here's how i did it on a windows7 64-bit machine.

1. Download Flashtool 0.2.9.1 Beta and install it. If on linux open the .exe like any other zip file and extract it. DONT use version 0.3.0.0, it doesn't fully recognize minipro.
    attachment.php
  2. Download this file and extract it under the firmware folder of flashtool.
    attachment.php
  3. Optional step: If you have already installed pc companion, the drivers are installed as well, so skip this step. If not (or if you're running flashtool under linux) extract the X10_mini_ADB_drivers.zip that you'll find in the drivers folder, in that folder.
  4. Go under the folder of flashtool and open X10FlashTool.exe. (I ran it as administrator with UAC disabled). If on linux open the x10flasher.jar file (if you're unsure how to do it, go to a terminal, go to flashtool directory and run java -jar x10flasher.jar )
  5. Press flash and in the next box just click ok.
    attachment.php

attachment.php
  6. Do as the instructions tell you.
    attachment.php
  7. In the background you'll see something like this. It's the program searching for your device.
    attachment.php
  8. When it finds your device these messages should appear and the flashing process begins.
    attachment.php
That's it!
Optional, reboot and check with PC Companion if there is a newer update. The reason is that I don't know which firmware is included in the Italian Rom I posted above.

mikoloseki

Jan 31, 2012
sorry for reviving an old thread. but I have already tried what was posted in this as well are other thread looking for similar situation that I have. I was trying to update my x10 mini pro via SEUS but after downloading it displayed a message that it was "Unsuccessful". After that the phone won't turn on. And when I plug in the charger there is no LED indication or what so ever. I already tried pressing the Home (middle key) and Power button as well as pressing all 3 buttons combination and the power button but still there are no improvement. When i connect it to the SEUS/ PC Companion/ FlashTool on the instruction Press Back key before plug in the USB, I have waited 5 minutes already holding in the back key but still it does not detect my phone. I also have reset my laptop/ use different computer/ remove battery from phone/ charge battery from different charger/ use different USB cable (although when I plug the USB to my Desire it is charging)/ almost all that I see from here but still it does not do anything. I desperately need your help. :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so yes i bricked my phone in a constant boot loop after doing stpid things on my phone through xrecovery installing things that were not intended for my fone and corrupted it, but i recently just fixed it and i thought why not help people in similar problems...

this is how i did it...:)

i downloaded flashtool and downloaded the desired and needed firmware for my fone ( in this case was the 2.1 uk for x10 mini pro) be sure to not to be mixed by the difference of a mini firmware and a mini pro firmware they are 2 different things...

everything i did is shown in more detail here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=928343

The se firmware files are there aswell as instructions to how to create bundles through flashtool.....

But the MAIN problem with flashtool as ive seen is tat it does not detect the fone wen it asks u to hold the back key before connecting the usb wire to enter flashmode.... this is where i came across ggsetup-2.2.0.5... this file installs the necessary semc usb flash drivers in order for flashtool to detect the fone being connected in flash mode.....

so in short...download flashtool, install flashtool...install the gg setup... download necessary firmware and follow instructions on the thread given above or ask direct questions in reply to this post if havin difficulties.... then flash it and you'l have a brand new phone :) hope this helps! ;)
    You have to turn off you device, press and hold the back key, and plug in usb. When the green led flash you are good to go. But if it still doesnt work.
    Try to flash using SEUS. You can downlod it from sony ericsson official site. And please use the search function,there is post related to your problem. And use it as reference.

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

For Problem no. 1,

3. Created bundle
    4. Installed ggsetup