FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to Fix Bricked X10 Mini And Pro

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By farhanino, Senior Member on 11th April 2011, 02:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok so yes i bricked my phone in a constant boot loop after doing stpid things on my phone through xrecovery installing things that were not intended for my fone and corrupted it, but i recently just fixed it and i thought why not help people in similar problems...

this is how i did it...

i downloaded flashtool and downloaded the desired and needed firmware for my fone ( in this case was the 2.1 uk for x10 mini pro) be sure to not to be mixed by the difference of a mini firmware and a mini pro firmware they are 2 different things...

everything i did is shown in more detail here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343

The se firmware files are there aswell as instructions to how to create bundles through flashtool.....

But the MAIN problem with flashtool as ive seen is tat it does not detect the fone wen it asks u to hold the back key before connecting the usb wire to enter flashmode.... this is where i came across ggsetup-2.2.0.5... this file installs the necessary semc usb flash drivers in order for flashtool to detect the fone being connected in flash mode.....

so in short...download flashtool, install flashtool...install the gg setup... download necessary firmware and follow instructions on the thread given above or ask direct questions in reply to this post if havin difficulties.... then flash it and you'l have a brand new phone hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ggsetup-2.2.0.5.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.96 MB, 5714 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to farhanino For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift farhanino Ad-Free

11th April 2011, 04:23 PM |#2  
Flag Kota Kinabalu
Thanks Meter: 236

Donate to Me
More
You have to turn off you device, press and hold the back key, and plug in usb. When the green led flash you are good to go. But if it still doesnt work.
Try to flash using SEUS. You can downlod it from sony ericsson official site. And please use the search function,there is post related to your problem. And use it as reference.

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nujhum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nujhum Ad-Free
16th June 2011, 05:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, I've installed Flashtool and Gordon's Gate. But when i click "flash" on FlashTool, it still asks me to unplug the device, Power off the device, Press the back button and hold it, plug the USB cable. My dad's x10 mini was stuck on the Sony Ericsson screen and now it just has no response to anything(charging=> no LED, Power button => nothing happens) So i can't do the "back button method" Any ideas?
16th June 2011, 05:11 AM |#4  

More
I did it in this sequence.
1. Dl and install FlashTool 0.2.9.1
2. Dl x10 mini ftf(which is a zip file)
3. Created bundle
4. Installed ggsetup
5. Click "Flash" and chose the bundle that was created
6. Then i encounter the Back button problem which i can't get pass.

Please Help!!! I don't dare to bring it to Sony Ericsson's Service Centre. Thanks in advance.
16th June 2011, 05:51 AM |#5  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limegre3n

I did it in this sequence.
1. Dl and install FlashTool 0.2.9.1
2. Dl x10 mini ftf(which is a zip file)
3. Created bundle
4. Installed ggsetup
5. Click "Flash" and chose the bundle that was created
6. Then i encounter the Back button problem which i can't get pass.

Please Help!!! I don't dare to bring it to Sony Ericsson's Service Centre. Thanks in advance.

hold back button in switch off mode when connect usb to pc until there is green led shown
The Following User Says Thank You to f-24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift f-24 Ad-Free
16th June 2011, 03:40 PM |#6  
Flag Huelva
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I use Seus, which is better?
16th June 2011, 05:39 PM |#7  
Flag newcastle upon tyne
Thanks Meter: 3,845

Donate to Me
More
Seus ,,for fresh new enviroment to work from

sent from this midget x10 mini pro using cm7.2.3.3 14.5
17th June 2011, 09:54 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by f-24

hold back button in switch off mode when connect usb to pc until there is green led shown

I've tried it but there seems to be no reaction on the phone or comp. :c I can't on or off the phone. When charging there's no lit led. It was initially stuck at sony ericsson screen.
17th June 2011, 11:03 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Have you tried to connect the usb cable holding the power button and the back key?

Or also holding the power button, the menu button (left) and the back button (right).
The Following User Says Thank You to thekindladies For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thekindladies Ad-Free
17th June 2011, 04:32 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekindladies

Have you tried to connect the usb cable holding the power button and the back key?

Or also holding the power button, the menu button (left) and the back button (right).

Could you fill me in on the details? Do i hold both the power button and back key when i plug it in? and when do I release(for both method) Thanks in advance! Your help is greatly appreciated.
17th June 2011, 05:10 PM |#11  

More
Hey guys, i managed to restore my phoneDDDDD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

For ppl who experience the following problems:
1. Stuck at the "Sony Ericsson" screen
2. Black out and nothing shows on the screen/ no response to anything you do
3. Red LED light flashes when you press on the power button.

For Problem no. 1,
1. Download and install FlashTool & ggsetup from the link in the first post.
2. Download your respective firmwares from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=928343. (I'm from Singapore using GSM server, I dl-ed the E10i UK)

3. Follow instructions in OPTION 2 to create ftf. file.
4. Follow instructions in OPTION 1.
5. If you encounter the problem that i encounter in the above, I managed to overcome the detection problem by:

Firstly, connecting your device to the USB(which is connected to your comp DUH!) when asked.
Secondly, hold 'home' button(Middle) and 'back' button(right) and 'power' button (Top) simultaneously/ at the same time.
Let go of home button and power button when backlight of your phone's screen blacks out.
If detection fails and you get a red LED flashing, release back button. Now, hold Home button and Power button at the same time for a few seconds. Wait for red light to disappear. You should get a green light and your comp should detect it now.
Let the flashing process run. TADAA! NOW SMILE!!!

For people who encounter problems 2 or 3,
Easy, charge your phone and you should get it up to the Sony ericsson screen again. Now proceed with the steps for problem 1.

I'm not responsible for anything if the above steps do not aid in you recovering your phone.

To those whom i've helped, you're welcome! I've been there and it was scary so i hope this helps! Lesson learnt: Never mess with your Dad's phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to limegre3n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift limegre3n Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot loop, bricked, semc usb flash driver, x10 mini, x10 mini pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)