FORUMS

[Q] Tether / Hotspot for Tattoo

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By Android Padawan, Junior Member on 11th April 2011, 07:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
My Tattoo is rooted, nfinity 0.93, Gingerbread 2.3

I used app Remote Desktop to connect laptop keyboard to Tattoo.

But I am told I need the Tattoo to tether / hotspot function first.

Can the Tattoo tether / hotspot? Which app can I use?
12th April 2011, 09:01 AM |#2  
sunitknandi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Padawan

My Tattoo is rooted, nfinity 0.93, Gingerbread 2.3

I used app Remote Desktop to connect laptop keyboard to Tattoo.

But I am told I need the Tattoo to tether / hotspot function first.

Can the Tattoo tether / hotspot? Which app can I use?

You can use android-wifi-tether. Download it from market or get it from http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether

It work very nicely here.
12th April 2011, 06:50 PM |#3  
xiadao96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Or use Wireless Tether.

Is free from App Market!
12th April 2011, 09:45 PM |#4  
Android Padawan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitknandi

You can use android-wifi-tether. Download it from market or get it from http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether

It work very nicely here.

Hi sunitkandi, I went to your link page. I cannot find htc tattoo. which phone model should i use?
13th April 2011, 12:50 AM |#5  
Android Padawan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiadao96

Or use Wireless Tether.

Is free from App Market!


Hi, I installed it from the market.

But when I try to run it :the application has stopped unexpectedly". everytime.

I have tried reboot but still the same.
13th April 2011, 09:13 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
i also use wireless tether for this circumstances.
did you check with superuser, if wireless tether has root access?

any error-message appears?

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App
14th April 2011, 06:14 AM |#7  
sunitknandi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Guwahati
Thanks Meter: 31
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android Padawan

Hi sunitkandi, I went to your link page. I cannot find htc tattoo. which phone model should i use?

Go to downloads and select the highest version number.

Also you could try www.connectify.me
14th April 2011, 08:55 PM |#8  
Android Padawan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunitknandi

Go to downloads and select the highest version number.

Also you could try www.connectify.me

Ok! I will try. Thank you.
17th April 2011, 10:04 PM |#9  
Android Padawan's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormix500

i also use wireless tether for this circumstances.
did you check with superuser, if wireless tether has root access?

any error-message appears?

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using XDA App

Yes, it has root access. Managed to get it working already. Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes