FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Japan Arc no unlock key screen

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gagafafa, Junior Member on 12th April 2011, 04:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had bought a Japan ARC [SO-01], unfortunately, I bought it b4 1 April, so i cannot get unlocked by docomo and also I'm not in japan now...

I think the unlock code from some provider also work but the problem is that, my phone will not prompt any unlock key insert screen, please help :"(
12th April 2011, 10:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
All Docomo phones sold before and after April 1st still come carrier-locked. The only difference is that starting April 1st, you can now take your handset into Docomo, pay ¥3150, and get your phone unlocked -- even if you bought your phone before April 1st.

You will have to go into a Docomo store, however. If your phone is still carrier-locked (to Docomo), your best shot is to find someone in Japan who can do it for you. Perhaps you can contact the seller and arrange the unlock for some fee.
12th April 2011, 06:10 PM |#3  
Florida
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhsieh

All Docomo phones sold before and after April 1st still come carrier-locked. The only difference is that starting April 1st, you can now take your handset into Docomo, pay ¥3150, and get your phone unlocked -- even if you bought your phone before April 1st.

You will have to go into a Docomo store, however. If your phone is still carrier-locked (to Docomo), your best shot is to find someone in Japan who can do it for you. Perhaps you can contact the seller and arrange the unlock for some fee.

thanks for confirming this info , i have ordered a docomo xperia arc so that i can use it in the usa , but people have been doubting that it can be unlocked because it was released on March 24th.

the Lt15a(America version) and the Docomo SO-01c are hte same and that is why i ordered from japan
12th April 2011, 06:49 PM |#4  
Florida

More
this website has the unlock for xperia arc

http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/sony-...es-p-3329.html
13th April 2011, 03:46 AM |#5  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Although they say "They can do" but actually they cannot do, because nobody can find entry screen for unlock code. I bought UNLOCK code from them but cannot do this.
13th April 2011, 04:45 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morita0107

Although they say "They can do" but actually they cannot do, because nobody can find entry screen for unlock code. I bought UNLOCK code from them but cannot do this.

so, did you try go to DOCOMO and ask they to unlock ?
13th April 2011, 05:54 PM |#7  
Florida

More
i have contacted this unlock code provider

they have replied sayin it is possible
in the middle of the page there is a way to show you how you get the code screen and hidden menu

this was their reply(my original message is at the bottom

Hi,
Of course there is such possibility. SE XPERIA ARC can unlock here: http://sim-unlock.net/simlock/Sony-E.../Xperia%20Arc/

--
http://Simlock24.pl
http://Sim-Unlock.net

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:54 AM
Subject: xperia arc

Can you unlock the japanese xperia arc ?

its the Docomo SO-01c
15th April 2011, 12:20 PM |#8  
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Basically Docomo says this model cannot be UNLOCKED and this has to keep specified ROM.

But finally I could UNLOCK by flashing global ROM and after completing ROM flashing, unlock screen appeared. Therefore I could enter unlock code successfully!

But the key thing is that this cannot be returned to original ROM which is provided from Docomo, so now this is UK or Chinese (HKG) version (LT-15i).
And slightly Japanese font is different from original font style, probably this is Chinese KANJI, I guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to morita0107 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morita0107 Ad-Free
15th April 2011, 12:29 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 554

Donate to Me
More
You can return it to DoCoMo firmware. You just need somebody to update their DoCoMo arc and send you the firmware files.
15th April 2011, 04:51 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Basically Docomo says this model cannot be UNLOCKED and this has to keep specified ROM.

But finally I could UNLOCK by flashing global ROM and after completing ROM flashing, unlock screen appeared. Therefore I could enter unlock code successfully!

But the key thing is that this cannot be returned to original ROM which is provided from Docomo, so now this is UK or Chinese (HKG) version (LT-15i).
And slightly Japanese font is different from original font style, probably this is Chinese KANJI, I guess.

hahaha~~~Can you share the procedure? I 'm nothing about this

( p.s i just sent it back to japan for the hope yesterday , but seems i do sth wrong)
15th April 2011, 05:12 PM |#11  
Florida

More
Quote:

so if i buy a locked one from Docomo it can be unlocked to wotk in the usa

can you read the 3G frequency off the box please
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arc, fastboat, unlock, unlock key insert screen

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)