FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Pre-compiled mkyaffs2

1,370 posts
Thanks Meter: 534

By Mr_Bartek, Senior Member on 16th April 2011, 01:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey,

Im looking for mkyaffs2 executable for Linux. I have found the source code online but get errors compiling. It would be great if somebody uploaded a pre-compiled version that I could use.

Regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_Bartek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mr_Bartek Ad-Free

16th April 2011, 06:37 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 351

More
I don't know, where did I get it, so it may be outdated or something.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mkfs.yaffs2.x86.zip - [Click for QR Code] (207.3 KB, 497 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Brut.all For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Brut.all Ad-Free
23rd October 2012, 02:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
mkyaffs for windows
Here is mkyaffs2 exe file compiled for Windows using Cygwin.
Archive contains makeyaffs and unyaffs files and needed dll's.
P.S. I tryed to use that compiled "mkyaffs"-file to create system.img and img-file really was created, but when I tryed to unpack that system.img (using unyaffs that works normally) I just got "OK"-message from unyaffs and nothing more! No one folder was created! So I think my compiled mkyaffs doesn't work properly. It's creating corrupted img's.
So the most reliable and right way to pack folders into img's is use mkyaffs on Linux or virtual machine (with booted Linux of course).
P.S.S. I found tool named Yaffey, but I don't know how to get it create system.img
Attached Files
File Type: rar mkyaffs2 and unyaffs2 windows.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.73 MB, 435 views)
File Type: zip mkyaffs2 for linux.zip - [Click for QR Code] (202.1 KB, 170 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kyonex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kyonex Ad-Free
10th December 2013, 08:30 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyonex

Here is mkyaffs2 exe file compiled for Windows using Cygwin.
Archive contains makeyaffs and unyaffs files and needed dll's.
P.S. I tryed to use that compiled "mkyaffs"-file to create system.img and img-file really was created, but when I tryed to unpack that system.img (using unyaffs that works normally) I just got "OK"-message from unyaffs and nothing more! No one folder was created! So I think my compiled mkyaffs doesn't work properly. It's creating corrupted img's.
So the most reliable and right way to pack folders into img's is use mkyaffs on Linux or virtual machine (with booted Linux of course).
P.S.S. I found tool named Yaffey, but I don't know how to get it create system.img

Thank you so much! It's what software I look for exactly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)