FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

P800 chinese dual sim Android - upgrade to 2.2.1

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Claudyu, Junior Member on 16th April 2011, 03:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have this P800 dual sim that runs on Android 2.2 (which in fact I think it is 2.1) and a Chinese Ingenic JZ4760 CPU (600 mhz), 256 RAM, 256 ROM. It has capacitive screen, GPS and Wi-fi. I'm desperate to install Android 2.2.1 on it for some tweaks and I don't know how because I'm new at this. I contacted the supplier but he couldn't help me with this.
Main problems:
1. Where can I find a working ROM for this so I`ll still have the dual sim option? Can't I just install a ROM from any other chinese dual sim or it has something to do with the drivers, CPU on the phone? I saw the hero H6 modding thread here on xda..
2. How do I make a full back up of the phone so I can go back to the original settings if something goes wrong?
3. How do I install new ROM without bricking it?
4. Is it absolutely necessary to root before I install the new Android?

If you want more information about kernel, hardware or anything else I can tell you from "Android system info" application that I installed on it. I might be a noob but I can learn really fast.
Please help! I just need you people to point me into the right direction.
To see the phone just search "P800 Android" on google

31st May 2011, 09:08 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi, i have a firmware with loader, may be it will help you, https:// rapidshare .com /files/532906208/Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link

and i have link to "rooted" (https:// rapidshare .com /files/4267703916/system.rar - pls, delete 3 spaces from link) firmware to use it you must replace system.img from this archive to "img" folder of firmware uploader.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ubiquitous_Nothing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ubiquitous_Nothing Ad-Free
31st May 2011, 09:24 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous_Nothing

Hi, i have a firmware with loader, may be it will help you,
and i have link to "rooted" firmware to use it you must replace system.img from this archive to "img" folder of firmware uploader.

this files was taken from russian forum (forum .china-iphone .ru / viewtopic .php?f=22&t=11424)
1st June 2011, 10:42 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you for this. I will try it. I just have some questions: who made this firmware? and why don`t they talk in english so everybody can understand? I need to know if anyone used this firmware and if there will be updated firmwares in the future.
2nd June 2011, 09:50 AM |#5  

More
This firmware is made by manufacturer of p800, "rooted" system.img repacked by enthusiast from Israel. I'm and other users from topic about p800 of forum china-iphone.ru use this firmware. Reseller in China promise to send newer firmware on this week. As soon as it happen, link will be available at that topic.

On that forum everybody talk in Russian and foreign-speaking peoples uses Google-translate service to understand us.

For me, for example, English is not comfortable. (I think you can see it in my posts because my grammar).
2nd June 2011, 10:31 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
When the new firmware is available can you please post a link in this topic too?
And since you use this firmware can you tell me if some of the problems I have, are solved? For example:
-Android market working?
-proximity senzor
-microphone
-did you get rid of all those useless chinese applications?
-is it Android version 2.2 or 2.2.1?
-wireless working?
-bluetooth working (sending/receiving)
-both cameras working?
-GPS navigation with iGO working?
-if you reset the phone at factory settings do you lose the IMEIs?

what did you do to install this firmware?
2nd June 2011, 10:44 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Is adobe Flash and adobe reader working? what about yahoo messenger?
2nd June 2011, 11:54 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudyu

-Android market working?
-proximity senzor
-microphone
-did you get rid of all those useless chinese applications?
-is it Android version 2.2 or 2.2.1?
-wireless working?
-bluetooth working (sending/receiving)
-both cameras working?
-GPS navigation with iGO working?
-if you reset the phone at factory settings do you lose the IMEIs?

what did you do to install this firmware?

Ok, I'll post link to new firmware, when it will exist.
Mic on my phone working excellent, Android 2.2, proximity sensor worked on Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B11, but on Z800_2.2GG_FLV01.01B16 it is not working, both cameras taking photos, but not video. GPS works with (download .osmand .net /latest-night-build/OsmAnd-stable.apk). Wifi is ok. I didn't here about loosing IMEI by this device. I didn't use Andr. market. Now when you have root access you may uninstall everything yourself.
2nd June 2011, 12:40 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
would you please see if the bluetooth, android market, flash player and yahoo messenger is working? Do I need offline maps for OsmAnd to work?
2nd June 2011, 02:31 PM |#10  

More
Just now I send a *.docx file to Nokia phone by bluetooth without any problem. OsmAnd as i know will ask you to download offline maps at first run (You need just select Country/region you want to download) BUT i don't know is it free or not. My phone have no internet connection now, thats why i can't help you with flash and yahoo
3rd June 2011, 10:59 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Wink
Hi,

I've questions about this phone. I've see this chinese model with new processor and dual sim support. On the paper it seems a very nice product:
http://www.shanzai.com/index.php/mar...ade-jz4760-cpu

but the problem is when i want to find to buy this product
1. is only in english or chinese (french is my mother tongue)
2. i had 3 p/n z800 or p800 or pz800 (in russia)
3. in some site it claims it's a MTK6515 cpu inside and is only a fake on the system properties for the p800
4. in all site it claims 256 ram and 512 rom, but in this topic you say 256/256

for exemple here for P800:
http://www.fastcardtech.com/goods-57...hone+wifi.html
and here for z800:
http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sk...t_Phone_-37579

Where is the truth?

Finally if it's really the new Ingenic CPU, it's really better than a MTK6516?

Thanks for you advice
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chinese dual sim, firmware, p800, upgrade, z800

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)