FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Darkside

371 posts
Thanks Meter: 648

By B-dub25, Senior Member on 18th April 2011, 05:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
ME AND XDA NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO WITH YOUR PHONE
Do Not Do This For Donations its OPEN SOURCE I just do it for fun and a hobby.
Credits:
~ Cyanogen and teamwin for the code and being completely Open Source
~MagnusRagnarok from xda for the wallpapers he made a really cool ROM that can be found here
~BBcrackman for putting up with all my stupid questions and dealing with me.
~The creator of Dark Passion for the icons ( sorry about the late credit my mind was really busy when posting)

I through this together while at class so I hope you all like it I will do more when I finish my final tomorrow.
Included
~CM7 base { I left in the CM7 boot animation for know just cause I didn't get a chance to make one sorry }
~new themed GB keybord
~framework edits
~system cleaned up
~gapps
~framework.jar edits
~service.jar edits
~New icons
~New rotatory lock screen
~lots of new images
BUGS
I really don't know of any so if you find some please share.
more stuff that I can't think off its late and I have a final tomorrow.
hope you all enjoy it. I will add more and do more updates as I get more time.
download----->Black_RC1
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B-dub25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift B-dub25 Ad-Free

18th April 2011, 05:51 AM |#2  
Flag Milton, Florida
Thanks Meter: 12,472

More
Looks good but does the GPS work and other things that are lacking in CM7? Also what Kernel do you have running with this ROM?
18th April 2011, 05:55 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdarider23

Looks good but does the GPS work and other things that are lacking in CM7? Also what Kernel do you have running with this ROM?

If its based of CM7, I think its safe to say that GPS does not reliably work.

Looks good, OP!
18th April 2011, 05:58 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag some where between C++ and Java

More
Quote:

I think the GPS works as long as you use the CM fix
18th April 2011, 05:58 AM |#5  
Flag Milton, Florida

More
YEAH I was afraid I would get that answer...hahahahahahaha....I'll properly download it and see what I can grab and put into my current setup. OVERALL, like I said...it looks GOOD!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
18th April 2011, 06:03 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

YEAH I was afraid I would get that answer...hahahahahahaha....I'll properly download it and see what I can grab and put into my current setup. OVERALL, like I said...it looks GOOD!

Yeah There is some code that I have to look into but just don't have time right know I have a linux programming final tomorrow. So I'm knee deep in awk lol.
18th April 2011, 06:10 AM |#7  
Flag Milton, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-dub25

Yeah There is some code that I have to look into but just don't have time right know I have a linux programming final tomorrow. So I'm knee deep in awk lol.

On top of all the things you properly have on your list of things to do.....you should really think into changing the name of this rom...hahaha...I don't think Black RC1 is a catching name...LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
18th April 2011, 06:13 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

On top of all the things you properly have on your list of things to do.....you should really think into changing the name of this rom...hahaha...I don't think Black RC1 is a catching name...LOL

I should of called it bootlooops lmao
18th April 2011, 06:15 AM |#9  
Flag Milton, Florida

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-dub25

I should of called it bootlooops lmao

I think that would scare some away....NOT ALL but just a few people..hahahahaha

[EDIT]

Flashing now....will update with bugs if any once I finish playing with it!
18th April 2011, 06:39 AM |#10  
Flag Milton, Florida

More
So far so good! It runs smooth in ADW launcher and the LPP runs smooth too! The only thing I could find that could need some touching up is the camera app which I don't know if is a CM7 problem or what BUT when you take a picture, it takes an abnormal amount of time for it to show the review. I also have a request for you to add to your rom but I'll PM you that here in a minute!

[EDIT]
Sorry, another thing about the ROM.....The GPS locks in just fine! Accurate to 4 meters which is a lot more accurate then Nighty#39 which locks in at 20 meters or something like that...BUT when trying to lock I noticed that the GPS png was kind of stretched out...NOT A BIG ISSUE with people that aren't as OSD as I am but just wanted to let you know...hahahahahahaha...I know you're thinking, GOD this guy is picky as FU%K but just wanted to let you know in case you did want to fix that!

OVERALL....I thought I wouldn't like the whole black theme but is really nice on the eyes, not too bad! I would look into seeing if you can make the Mms.apk completely black like they got on some of the Sense roms.
18th April 2011, 07:41 AM |#11  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 132

More
Do you mind sharing the icons?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
charlie murphy dark, darkside rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)