this info is already available, though in parts, over XDA forums.. so i thought that i will try n make it easily available/understandable to all users here...
seems this info is useful to other android users too... so will try and post generic as well as X10 specific info...
- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FILES THAT U CREATE USING THIS INFO
- I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF U LOOSE UR DATA WHEN TRYING THIS OUT
- REMEMBER THIS DEALS WITH SYSTEM MODIFICATIONS AND ANY WRONG COMMAND CAN RENDER UR CURRENT ROM UNUSABLE/BROKEN
- SO BE SURE U CAN USE FLASHTOOL TO FLASH STOCK FW IF U END UP WITH UNUSABLE/BROKEN SYSTEM
- DO NOT CIRCULATE THE UPDATE.ZIPs CREATED UNLESS U ARE CERTAIN THAT THEY WORK PROPERLY
- ALSO DO NOT FLASH ANY RANDOM UPDATE.ZIP WHICH U DOWNLOAD UNLESS U CHECK OUT THE CODE WRITTEN IN THE UPDATE SCRIPT
now that i have scared u enough lets begin...
there are two versions of update scripts (codes/syntax) which can be used:
- Amend (update-script)
- Edify (updater-script) [along with update-binary]
both of the above mentioned versions use different syntax...
both of these versions work on the recoveries currently available for x10 (xRecovery & FreeXperia Recovery)
ONLY EDIFY SYNTAX IS SUPPORTED BY xRecovery v1.0.0 (latest recovery for X10)
these files can be found in "\META-INF\com\google\android" of the zip package... depending on which file update-script OR updater-script is present in the update.zip u will understand which update scripts (codes/syntax) is to be used...
[SYNTAX | READING MATERIAL]
following are very useful guides which cover most of the available syntax...
- Amend (update-script) by TylTru
- Edify (updater-script) by coolexe
- [WIP] How to Write an Updater-Script with Edify Code
- UID and GIDs [related to setting proper permissions]
- [IMP] info related to Edify for ROM makers
[PROGRAM | APPLICATION]
now that u follow the differences lets get the program to make update.zips and sign them...
Update.zip 2.0 Modifier/Creator by Daneshm90
its a windows only tool and i personally use it regularly to make update.zips
read through that post as it is pretty straight forward on how the application works... there is even a video... and it even signs the zip...
this program basically handles (modifies/creates) only Amend (update-script) but u can just place ur modified updater-script (along with the update-binary) in <ROOT_DIR_OF_PROGRAM>\placehere\META-INF\com\google\android\
and execute update.bat to make the update.zip package.... this program automatically signs the zip so u wont have any errors while flashing...
[ EXAMPLES ]
Amend scripts (update-script)
list of functions that can be used in Edify scripts and explanations about them by nubecoder
[ CONVERTORS ]
update-script to edify script converter by Chumby_666 (a.k.a. aZuZu)
amend2edify script converter by nubecoder
i will keep adding more to this as and when i get time...
till then happy reading the links posted here...
also if u have any queries/doubts feel free to post them here...
[BEST OF LUCK]