FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[UPDATE 6/11!!!]MIUI BATTERY MODS & MIUI Dark Theme Vari-Theme Manager Compatible!!!

22,339 posts
Thanks Meter: 48,777

Thread Closed Email Thread
I got bored so I made some battery mods for MIUI. I added a theme (NEWTASK650 Dark) that i made off of the MIUI Dark Theme that i use along with some screenshots for anyone who likes it and wants to use it. It's a variation of the MIUI Dark Theme. Here's the original theme thread for it http://www.miuiandroid.com/2011/05/m...given-to-post/. Just download and check the previews to see more. I plan on trying to make 2 new batt mods a day if my schedule permits it. Make sure you go to Settings/System/Battery Settings/Battery Indicator Style and choose Percentage. Otherwise you will not see the battery.
BATTERIES CONTINUED IN POST #2 WILL TAKE REQUESTS!!!

These will only change the battery icon. NOTHING ELSE.
Download the .zip file you want to use, then extract the .mtz file, then FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

HOW TO APPLY
-Put on SD card
-Open Theme Manager
-Hit Menu soft key button and select Import Theme
-Select the battery theme
-Select EDIT THEME
-Select Notification Bar and then choose the battery that you want to use
-DONE
A Special Thanks to xavierjohn22 for helping me to make it easier for you guys

here is 2 short videos of how to drop them in the systemui.apk. if you wanna go that route. Just drop them in systemui.apk/res/raw folder.
Video#1
http://youtu.be/MWpFI2m0_lw
Video#2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8_GXgQqRvE

-1.6.10 TASK650 DARK Theme- It's a variation of The MIUI Dark Theme. Just a little more detailed.

-NEWTASK650 MINIMAL DARK THEME-
]

-Erebos Keyboard-

How To Install!!!
1.)Take the LatinIme.apk out of the zip
2.)put on phone
3.)set permissions in root explorer to
USER X X O
GROUP X O O
OTHERS X O O O
4.)Drop LatinIme.apk into system/app

-GLOSSY BATTERY-

-GB LANDSCAPE-

-VA DARK BLUE-

-Mode2b Battery-

-Glow Battery-

-Dotted Green Battery-

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to SeanHacker For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th April 2011, 12:15 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

Donate to Me
More
-Orange Slice Battery-

-HoneyComb Blue Battery-

-Vertical GB Green Battery-

-Stock GingerBread Battery-

-Stock HoneyComb Battery-

-Cm7 Battery-

-HoneyComb Bar Battery-

-Minimal Battery-

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SeanHacker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 12:16 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

Donate to Me
More
-Gauge Battery-

Attached Files
File Type: rar Gauge_battery_theme.rar - [Click for QR Code] (80.4 KB, 1498 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeanHacker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 01:46 AM |#4  
Flag Alabama
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by task650

and another one

I want this one right here, but I have no idea where to find the system.apk or anything else.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeltn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smeltn Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 04:14 AM |#5  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeltn

I want this one right here, but I have no idea where to find the system.apk or anything else.

its really easy. the systemui.apk can be found with the app root explorer. if you want i can just pack it in the systemui.apk myself but you would have to use root explorer to change permissions and drop it in system/app
The Following User Says Thank You to SeanHacker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2011, 04:27 AM |#6  
Flag Alabama

More
Quote:

its really easy. the systemui.apk can be found with the app root explorer. if you want i can just pack it in the systemui.apk myself but you would have to use root explorer to change permissions and drop it in system/app

sure that would be fantastic if you wouldnt mind.

I read somewhere, that you have to like open the theme.zip and go to frame/res and add it there, but of course that didn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to smeltn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smeltn Ad-Free
20th April 2011, 04:34 AM |#7  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

sure that would be fantastic if you wouldnt mind.

I read somewhere, that you have to like open the theme.zip and go to frame/res and add it there, but of course that didn't work.

i'll pack the battery in the systemui.apk right now and post it for ya and give you instructions on how to do it. do you have root explorer?
20th April 2011, 04:35 AM |#8  
Flag Alabama

More
Quote:

i'll pack the battery in the systemui.apk right now and post it for ya and give you instructions on how to do it. do you have root explorer?

Yes I have Root explorer.. And thank you so much
20th April 2011, 04:43 AM |#9  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Portland, Oregon

Donate to Me
More
here ya go bro. so now all you have to do is open root explorer scroll down to sdcard file click on it find the systemui.apk and long press it, select permissions and on the first line from left to right check the first 2, the middle line just check the first one and no others on that line, on the third just the first one also. it should look like this.

x x -
x - -
x - -
the x's are the ones that are checked and the -'s are the ones that shouldn't be. hit ok. then long press the systemui.apk again and select move then hit the back button. find system file and click it the app file and click that then hit paste. you're done. hold volume up and power for about 10 seconds and it should reboot and you're good.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (406.3 KB, 546 views)
20th April 2011, 02:31 PM |#10  
Flag Alabama

More
Ok so I did exactly what you said but it isn't working. Battery didnt change. So I tried again, and when I moved the file I checked the permissions again and they change. Its like it isn't saving the permission changes I am making. It IS copying and replacing the file in the system/app folder, but it isn't showing up.

edit> I wonder if its because I am using a custom theme?
20th April 2011, 02:43 PM |#11  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 512

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok so I did exactly what you said but it isn't working. Battery didnt change. So I tried again, and when I moved the file I checked the permissions again and they change. Its like it isn't saving the permission changes I am making. It IS copying and replacing the file in the system/app folder, but it isn't showing up.

edit> I wonder if its because I am using a custom theme?

You need to replace the images in the theme then. Are the statusbar, wifi, and data icons changing too? If not then the theme description needs to be changed too so those icons and the battery icons can show up too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prototype159 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Prototype159 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread