This is the SpeedMod kernel for Gingerbread.
SpeedMod's core features are:
- Super stable: No undervolting, overclocking or potentially unstable modifications
- Fast and smooth: Compiler and code optimizations
- Excellent battery life: Remove unecessary logging and debugging
The K16 series works on older Samsung 2.3.x roms.
The K17 series only works with the latest Samsung "Value Pack" 2.3.6 ROMs like XXJW4 / XWJW8.
>>> CLICK HERE for more info and DOWNLOAD links.
>>> CLICK HERE for the Frequently Asked Questions list.
This kernel is for the International Galaxy S GT-I9000
This kernel has only EXT4 LAGFIX support. Please UNDO OTHER LAGFIXES before flashing this kernel.
- Neutral / Cold (+Blue) / Warm (+Yellow) screen color options
- Bootanimation support (ROM support required)
- RFS / EXT4 filesystem conversion and unfragmentation support in CWM
- CPU governor tweaks: increase responsiveness
- CWM2.5-based recovery
- MDNIE Sharpness fix for Pentile matrix and color tuning
- FM Radio sound fixes based on Voodoo Sound
- Volume level fixes
- IO and read_ahead tweaks
- Disabled Android Debug Logger / logcat
- Disabled kernel debug logs / printk
- Updated to jhash3
- 364MB RAM (K17 series)
- Improvements to sound quality: 128x oversampling, disable DRC and de-emphasis
- Microphone recording levels using Voodoo Sound "Balanced" preset
- Compiled with optimizations using Linaro toolchain
- init.d, CIFS, TUN, IPV6 Privacy support
Source code and related files are in the 2nd post.
NOTES about CWM:
Use POWER to select and BACK for back.
>>> CLICK HERE for the CHANGELOG.
>>> CLICK HERE for the DOWNLOAD links.