I suggest people start using genokolar's version instead, available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1067490
Clockwork Recovery port based on Koush's 188.8.131.52 source.
Available here: http://www.multiupload.com/DQGL84P3A5
Source available on my github: https://github.com/stockwell/u8800-c...-recovery-port (bit messy.. will do a cleanup when I have the time)
BIG THANKS TO 357546 for creating the new kernel!!
- Now using 357546's kernel with fixed framebuffer driver capable of RGB565!
- Seems to be fully functional aside from rom manager integration
- Some small cleanups in init scripts and sbin
- Ensure that there are no Huawei rom updates on your SD-Card in the dload folder and unplug the phone from your computer
- Boot to bootloader mode by pressing the up and down volume keys and pressing the power button. This will show a plain violet/purple screen.
- Connect the phone to your computer. In windows it will automatically mount one mass storage device which corresponds to the /cust_backup folder on your phone. If your OS supports EXT3 it will mount multiple devices, look for the one with an images directory and this is the device to use.
- In the images directory rename recovery.img to something else (ie. recovery.bak) and then copy the new recovery image in its place.
- Unmount the mass storage device to ensure all cached writes are completed and then disconnect from the computer. Exit bootloader mode by pulling out the battery.
You now have the clockwork recovery installed. Boot to recovery by holding the volume up and power buttons to turn the phone on.