Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[TOOLS] SuperWipeG2(+) and Guhl's EFS GPS fix

501 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

By amazinglarry311, Senior Member on 21st April 2011, 07:12 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Pretty straight forward set of tools here:

Admin Edit: These files are removed at the OPs request and are available via his own website.

Flash desired zip from recovery. Hope you made a nandroid backup.

vision_wipe_efs repackaged with permission from guhl source and license can be found in the zip files.

Why superwipe?

Sometimes using the built in format options in CWM dont work. The motivation behind creating the tool was that i was having serious bootlooping issues that couldnt be solved from flashing/formatting/etc from recovery. No matter what i did i would boot up and be greeted with a hundred force close messages and a hard reboot. it sucked. flashed the superwipe, restored my backup and was up and running in no time. This uses recoveries built in format command as well as the erase_image binary to complete destroy the partitions, reformat them and check the filesystems afterward. a log is then saved to /sdcard/superwipe.log

If anything, this is a great one click wipe tool for a complete wipe between roms, or to troubleshoot.

vision_wipe_efs wipes the mmcblk0p13 and mmcblk0p14 partitions and has been shown to fix the broken GPS for almost all users experiencing gps loss. the binary is to ensure no errors while typing dd commands which can cause device death. vision_wipe_efs was written and compiled by xda member guhl.

All three zips are safe and working.

YES ohsaka/ezterry released a superwipe for the g1, YES this zip is basically doing the same thing.

I didnt use any of ohsaka's superwipe.sh code, nor did use any binaries from his superwipe. Instead i use the built in erase_image and e2fsck that are already in CWM recovery. It isn't a rip-off, it is what it is, a superwipe tool for the g2. sue for me for using built in command in an open source environment and using a name with no copyright... idiots.

TROLLS: you're annoying, you contribute nothing. they have a name in biology for something that constantly feeds and never returns. Cancer. Please go back under your respective bridges unless you have something of value to offer.

Take a moment and thank guhl: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1028405
Attached Files
File Type: zip vision_wipe_efs-signed.zip - [Click for QR Code] (417.9 KB, 10854 views)
File Type: zip -=SuperWipeG2=-.zip - [Click for QR Code] (143.6 KB, 3535 views)
File Type: zip -=SuperWipeG2+=-.zip - [Click for QR Code] (418.3 KB, 6045 views)
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to amazinglarry311 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amazinglarry311 Ad-Free

21st April 2011, 07:59 PM |#2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 780

More
Thanks for contributing to the community

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App
21st April 2011, 08:03 PM |#3  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 96

More
WOW. straightforward but SO helpful. typing these commands in (for those of us, like myself, who have also had issues with CWM actually formatting what it says it's formatting) gets tedious after the 50th time.
21st April 2011, 08:56 PM |#5  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 334

Donate to Me
More
Worked great ....btw, love the name ;)

G2
21st April 2011, 09:00 PM |#6  
Flag Easton
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks alot! I just realized my gps wasn't working and this was just posted here today. The timing could not have been anymore perfect!
21st April 2011, 09:20 PM |#7  
Flag Linda Vista, CA
Thanks Meter: 215

More
good
good good ****!!!
21st April 2011, 10:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Thanks!

Was hoping someone would set this up for us.

I used the G1 version all the time, on my G1.
22nd April 2011, 12:05 AM |#9  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilnotdie

Thanks!

Was hoping someone would set this up for us.

I used the G1 version all the time, on my G1.

This isn't the same type of suprerwipe as the g1. As a matter of fact it's completely different. I think what derek was refering to was that the name superwipe implies that it wipes everything, which it doesn't, and is also a rip-off name of xda user ohsaka's superwipe, which can clearly be seen here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=834812. Not to say the gps thing isn't working since I can't test it. Yes I relize this one is for the g2 ect, but at least come up with your own name for it.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App
22nd April 2011, 01:10 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,874

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insink71

I see him mentioning both Ohsaka and Ezterry in this post. Perhaps you would have him move these credits to the OP? Or would you rather him call this tool AmazingGWipe? It seems a similar tool to the one used on the G1 but not the same. So are we being constructive in our criticism or just giving this guy grief for making a usefull tool (grant it some will argue its usefullness - hey here's an idea... don't use it). Ok back to topic. Thanks.

SuperWipeG2 is an original name anyway.

This is a free tool on a free forum right?
But sue me too you'll still get what I put in it... nada.

Oh don't get me wrong, superwipe is a great name and all it's just not very original. As far as the funtionality of it I won't comment much on that since I don't have a g2 to test it on, and amazingglaay is not even the original one who compiled these, as it clearly states on the OP. But yes credit to ezterry or ohsaka in the op would be the right, thing to do, but people don't always do the right things...

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA Premium App
22nd April 2011, 03:37 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 280

More
That's actually a good question. I'm going to partition a card real quick, koush *should* have fixed that. If it all goes well, I'll just go ahead and add the function to erase that partition as well.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread