[Q] MyLibrary App

Search This thread

EViL3666

Apr 16, 2011
Hi Folks

I liked the App to begin with, but like the other few Asus Apps, its proving a bit buggy. It seems to crash out when I view epub books, but I can't find out what it doesn't like. Can anybody recommend and eBook app?

Ideally I'd like to view 2 pages landscape, it would be awesome if I could rip the ebook reader from the Xoom and run it (its looks nicer from what I can tell).

rio911

Jun 24, 2010
Cardiff
IMHO the best reader by far on the Android is Aldiko (http://www.aldiko.com/). But since getting the Transformer, I'm using the MyLibrary... almost the same quality. I would suggest you have a look at the problems you are getting and try to see why. Maybe a corrupt epub? Try a free epub from google books (http://books.google.com/), it wouldn't be anything fancy but good quality.

If you are still having problems, please, give us more info,
rio

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
I had the same problems with the app just closing itself, after it had searched for all the viewable files. I found out it was 1 corrupt file that was causing the trouble. Sounds like you have the same issue. Remove them all, clear the cache for the app in the settings, then add them slowly to your collection to find the culprit.

Popsiclestand

Dec 8, 2010
Culver City, CA
Aldiko constantly force closes on me. Had to uninstall it. Using a combination of myLibrary and FB reader. MyLibrary won't read most of the books that Aldiko could read on my other tablet. I click and nothing happens. Sometimes the program will open, but not with the correct book.

FB Reader reads all my books but I don't like the formatting for the program...

Galoot

May 4, 2011
Hi Folks

I liked the App to begin with, but like the other few Asus Apps, its proving a bit buggy. It seems to crash out when I view epub books, but I can't find out what it doesn't like. Can anybody recommend and eBook app?

Ideally I'd like to view 2 pages landscape, it would be awesome if I could rip the ebook reader from the Xoom and run it (its looks nicer from what I can tell).

The My Library app also crashes with epub books for me. Aldiko crashes as soon as I try and rotate the screen with a book. Aldiko also ignores the auto brightness function on the tablet and goes to 100% which is really annoying.

I've tried clearing the cache on the My Library app but this hasn't helped. An important point is that this didnt start happening until I put the latests Asus update on.. the version the tablet came with worked fine. Not sure if I can revert to the old version or if I should thought.

Galoot

May 4, 2011
Have you actually set the brightness level in the aldiko app as well?

That's an excellent point.. I didn't realise it had one! :)

I purchased the Premium version of Aldiko and am pleased to say that it doesn't crash when I rotate the screen and works fine with my epub books that didn't work with the my lib app.

So would recommended the Aldiko premium app for anyone else having issues with Asus's My Lib app, doesn't solve the issue but works around it until Asus fix the issue.

P.S I think the issue may lie with the epub content or format. I don't think My Lib app likes epub books that have illustrations.

Eric Liu

Apr 28, 2011
Taipei
Developer from Asus

We are fixing my library app bugs, after testing it, and then planning to provide an update around 2~3 weeks later. More UI improvement and be consistent with Honeycomb UI. And we are adding to support posting what you are reading and your comment onto facebook sharing with your friends, too.

Further more, months later, we are going to provide users to store all their highlight / comments on the books into cloud storage, so, even users purchase another Asus device, he can still see all his history comments on his books before.

For the U.S. book store, we have Txtr already, and we are going to have another book provider very soon.

rio911

Jun 24, 2010
Cardiff
We are fixing my library app bugs, after testing it, and then planning to provide an update around 2~3 weeks later. More UI improvement and be consistent with Honeycomb UI. And we are adding to support posting what you are reading and your comment onto facebook sharing with your friends, too.

Further more, months later, we are going to provide users to store all their highlight / comments on the books into cloud storage, so, even users purchase another Asus device, he can still see all his history comments on his books before.

For the U.S. book store, we have Txtr already, and we are going to have another book provider very soon.

Thanks man,

Is there a way to submit bugs identified by users? Even only for the MyLibrary app?

Cheers,
rio

Galoot

May 4, 2011
I now have Aldiko premium working 100% and after some tweaking it looks and feels as good as the free Asus My Lib app.

Good to know that the issue is being worked on though!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I now have Aldiko premium working 100% and after some tweaking it looks and feels as good as the free Asus My Lib app.

Good to know that the issue is being worked on though!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App

Have aldiko working but for some books the top lines are cutoff so I had to manually change formatting.
Also can't get it as dark asi want for night reading.

seshmaru

Aug 22, 2009
the main thing I like about myLibrary is the background texture + animations which makes it feel that little more tangible.

rikkia

Jan 4, 2011
Nottingham
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned moon+ reader (& pro version)

I use it over Aldiko as its much more customisable. Granted it's not as pretty but its features make it great for reading books the way I like.

hotelmode

Jul 27, 2010
Hanoi, Vietnam
Has anybody tried using calibre to manage their ebooks? Does it recognize the Transformer as an ereader? I've seen it used with a Kindle and an iPad and it makes converting/managing ebooks really easy.

koj012

Oct 25, 2010
MyLibrary stopped working after I upgraded the firmware. Does not activate and just closes. Anyone can help?

Eric Liu

Apr 28, 2011
Taipei
@koj012, which firmware version you upgraded to?

If you tried to clean the MyLibrary data/cache/db in Setting/Application/Storage use/MyLibrary, can your problem be solved?

Your feedback is valuable for us, thanks.

Eric@Asus

WheresWaldo

May 24, 2006
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned moon+ reader (& pro version)

I use it over Aldiko as its much more customisable. Granted it's not as pretty but its features make it great for reading books the way I like.
Except Moon+ doesn't support .pdf files, Does the Pro version open them?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did a factory reset of my Transformer, and now the books that it used to recognize and have in MyLibrary aren't there anymore. I've cleared the data in Apps management, and copied my backups to the SD card in multiple places trying to get them noticed. For some reason - two of them have come back, but none of the others. Very odd.
    Did you store them in a folder with ".nomedia" file? Or have you tried rebooting? MyLibrary relies on media scanning (pretty stupid) so it won't find it till the next refresh and never will if you have a ".nomedia" file inside the folder with your books.