NEW!! OFFICIAL HTC GINGERBREAD UPDATE
Yea, the Stable Official Rom with Unlimited Memory that you've been waiting for!
(Sense | Android 2.3.3 (GingerBread) | DATA2SD | CRT TV Off Animation | Trackpad Awake | Seamless migration from Froyo and any other Roms without Data loss)
Official GB 2.3.3 v3.14.405.1 (Stock Sense 1.9) | Stock rooted Desire GSM Rom | ext 4 | Bravo Stock Hboot
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE ON MY SITE:
Download Links: Supernova Site
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A PORT OF ANOTHER DEVICE.
While this means that this does not have Sense 2 or 3, this also means that this is based on the Official HTC RUU built for the Htc Desire. So you can expect everything to work perfectly. The difference is that while htc designed the desire to have 147 mb of internal memory, we have redesigned it to have any amount of internal memory!!
No need to meddle with Hboots, use stock Hboot
no need to adjust with incomplete implementations like app2sd or a2sd+. Use 100% of your ext partition!
Install hundreds (or thousands if you prefer) of apps. No need to uninstall anything any more!
Dedicated Site & Support Forum at www.droidzone.in
Comes with Data2SD
Visit the full fledged SuperNova Site for Download Links, Complete Installation instructions, Latest updates, More resources, FAQs and Quick answers to your questions:
Droidzone's Roms now have their own dedicated Forum to give specific, accurate help to users. Utilize the forum effectively, especially if you are new to the world of Roms
This is a support forum for my Roms and not a competitor forum to XDA-developers. It has a full fledged issue tracker and bug report generation system. NOTE: This does not mean you can demand immediate attention to issues.
Droidzone - ROM Development and Typhon Script
Sibere - Data2SD code
Important Information in a nutshell
Device Required: HTC Desire GSM phone (BRAVO) Rooted
Security Status Required: Any (S-OFF or S-ON)
Hboot Required: Stock HTC Hboot if S-ON, or Alpharev Bravo Stock Hboot if S-OFF (If you havent changed Hboot, dont worry! Your phone is compatible!)
Partition Required: FAT32 Primary followed by One ext4 partition (ext2/3 if present will be auto converted to ext4)
MicroSD Card Preferred: Preferably a Class 4 or Class 6 (Try it if you have Class 2 or Class 10)
Recovery Recommended: 4ext Recovery by madmaxx82 (Anything can be used, but this is preferred)
Radio Recommended: 5.17.05.23 Will work on all Radios, best on the recommended Radio
Base Software: 3.14.405.1
Editions: Supernova Extreme (Classic) Edition (iNtelligent Data2SD)
The main feature of this pure HTC Sense Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in
The Rom comes with my Typhon Superscript, which acts as a container for the Data2sd script, and adds a vast amount of additional functions.
NOTE: The Changelog/Features listed below may be of the older version. For latest Changelog, visit www.droidzone.in
- Latest HTC Official GingerBread Rom with Sense released on Aug 1, 2011
- SuperNova is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
- Init.d scripts supported
- Huge collection of optional kernels
- Latest Additions:
- New Superuser App and Binary 3.0.2 @ChainsDD
- Sense 2.1 Quick Settings Bar
- Light Sensor Fix
- Automatic Logcat monitoring system
- Trackpad Wake On/Off
- Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
- Kernel: Droidzone's NonOC Non UV 184.108.40.206 based Kernel with TPW, WifiFix, Battfix and Two way Call Record
- Battfix (Sibere) - Have your phone fully charged on waking up
- Trackpad press to wake
- Two way call record (Both streams equally loud and clear!)-Use skvalex's 2 way call record app for recording (Market link)
- Lowered Wifi disconnection threshold (less chance of disconnection)
- Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")-256kb (Switchable easily)
- Option to allow manual switching of Readahead value by user without need of any additional apps
- Pandora Advanced Error logging system to diagnose any issues and prevent issues before they cause problems
- SafeShutdown Script-Detects unsafe shutdowns, freezes and Battery pulls, and checks and repairs Data partition on next boot
- Data Anti-corruption protection with advanced Data partition check and repair scripts
- EXT 4 for Data2SD
- CRT TV-Off Animation!
- Typhon Intelligent Scripts ever by Droidzone-Allows you to Upgrade across any ROM model/Android version, yes, even from Froyo/Cupcake!!
- Partition Corruption logging and warning
- Advanced GetLogs Information system-Flashable Log Retrieval System with Easy packaging
- Getlogs Interactive Functions:
- Advanced Script with AutoMarketCacheCleanup on Boot
- Detailed system analysis, Freespace calculation, Space usage calculation
- Dalvik-cache optimization/reoptimization system prevents force closes due to Dalvik cache errors
- Fast Classic Market with optional Flashable zip for Market upgrade
- Market Anti-update protection-Will not allow update of market automatically to any beta Google releases.
- Trackpad Awake
- Kernel Mods (For all kernel mods, credits go to snq- or Sibere or Droidzone, depending on whose kernels you're running)
- CPU Profiles (upto 1152 MHz)
- Interactive (Needs kernel change)
- Ext4 support
- Perflock disabled
- All CPU Powerstate Scaling
- Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores. This Rom is indeed faster than the stock Sense experience though). Original script has been tweaked by Droidzone to make it a powerful and intelligent superscript.
- NEW! MultiColor Flashing LEDs show errors in Data2SD installation
- Added Typhon Automatic Data2SD Module Manager-Autoinstalls Data2sd with a simple reboot
Other "Normal" Rooted Rom options:
- /data/app/ support
- Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
- Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
- Nano command-line text editor support
- Bash command shell support
- 720p Fully Compatible Camera
- Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
- Most extensive Access point lists (APNs)
- Extensive Multilanguage Support!
- Android Market Update 2.3.6 (This seems the fastest, so dont get the latest one!)
- Gmail 220.127.116.11 ** update **
- Google Maps 5.10.1 ** update **
- File Expert File Explorer with Root Features 3.2.7
- Estrongs File Explorer
- Script Manager app to run Droidzone's GetLogsInteractive utility
- Adobe Flash Player 18.104.22.168 ** update **
- Massive APN List
- Massive Locale list
- Titanium Backup 22.214.171.124 **** App Updated ****
- Added Fix for the “Disappearing data partition on reboot bug”
- Curve Fish App Remover 1.3.3 ** update **
- Youtube update 2.2.16 ** update **
- Locale support includes:
- English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
- French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
- Norwegian Bokmål
- Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
- Sibere for the Data2SD development for the Rom
- Sibere for his massive list of Kernels, and his battfix and Wifi-fix mods
- A big thanks to C0urier for hosting my sites and my forum, and for taking a great effort to ward it off against hackers! (Apparently I have enemies here!)
- Melethron, whose data2whatever script has been the inspiration for kickstarting my flashable scripts.
- theGanymedes, for his help with Native C code compilation, and help with making my Toolchain. See his awesome project here.
- Ownhere and Melethron for their fruitful discussions with Sibere, which has paved the way for development of our (Sibere's) Data2sd code
- snq- for Kernel mods, Trackpad wake, et al.
- snq-, bananacakes, tristan202, Sibere, tobi01001 for contributions to kernel development
- Bananacakes for his annotated commits to his kernel on Github
- avs333 and skvalex for Call record patch to kernel.
- madmaxx82 for 4Ext recovery which offers great support for ext4 based Roms
- koush for adding my Roms to his Rom Manager manifest
- Mendozinas for having had added support for the initial versions of my Roms to UOT kitchen (Currently UOT files are outdated)
- dsixda for his great project, the Android Kitchen, which simplifies greatly the task of repetitive Rom repacking
- dmc.kiit for mirror
- Alex-V, Neophytex360, Firerat for offering answers to questions about Rom development
- deXter (and AdamG & _thalamus), Roach2010 for suggestions to improve the Data2SD code
- baadnewz, robocik, coutts, Leedroid, coolexe for their contributions to the Desire Development
- Chainfire for Superuser binary
- Unrevoked, Alpharev teams for providing S-off
- RC Mix team and Robocik in particular for the CRT TV-Off Mod
- Alex-V for advice regarding the Helicopter mode Rosie patch
- tobi01001 for the Lightsensor kernel fix and patch code for framework
- HTC for the Android GB RUU and the Kernel sources, which is the base for this Rom
- Last but most important, Donors and XDA users for encouraging me!
- Anyone whose names I've inadvertently forgotten (Kindly inform me!)
Donations encourage devs to spend more time on their Roms. It's not because we need the money, but because we feel that our work is so useful to someone else that they felt a need to Donate. If you feel like Donating, use the Thanks button. Alternately, you can also express your affection for the Rom by writing a post or blog about it.
A big thanks to these people for the generous Donations received, and the various past and present users of StarBurst, GingerBurst and SuperNova Roms for their great support and continuous encouragement. Thanks a lot, Guys!
Rom Making is not a business for me and neither should it be for any other person on XDA who calls himself a developer. If you have the audacity to beg for money, you ought to be somewhere else!
Note: Due to some weird Voodoo blackmagic, the Thanks Button on this post is missing. Use the buttons from the next post!!
Food for thought:
What HTC has to say about GingerBread update for the Desire:
HTC: This update is only recommended for expert users who want to experience Android 2.3 and understand the limitations which apply to this update. Due to memory constraints several applications have been removed from this update and we are only offering the ROM upgrade utility (RUU) for you to download. Please note that flashing this ROM will erase your previous customizations, including any messages, emails, contacts, and other personal information.
SuperNova Team: This update is recommended for every user who wants to experience Android 2.3 without any of the the limitations which apply to HTC's update. Every application removed by HTC has been readded! Please note that flashing this ROM will preserve your previous customizations, including any messages, emails, contacts, and other personal information.
HTC: The major changes in this update include:
- All customizations, including operator applications, will be removed
- All wallpapers, except the default wallpaper, will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website
- Several HTC applications will be removed and placed online on the HTC Developer website
- The official Facebook application will be removed and is downloadable on the Android Market.
SuperNova Team: We have readded everything.
HTC: This ROM update is for development only and not for general public use. Upgrades to non-authorized phones may result in loss of functionality. In addition certain functions may no longer be usable after re-flashing the ROM, including but not limited to MMS and SMS and HTC also disclaims liability for any unusable functions. HTC also disclaims liability for the loss and/or leakage of any personal data resulting from the re-flashing of the ROM.
SuperNova Team: This ROM update is for everyone, and is for general public use! Upgrades will not result in loss of functionality, if you have the Sense (pun intended) to follow simple step-by-step instructions vide the site!