[INFO] WTH is this A9 and A8 Cortex stuff ?? The Sensation CPU is A9 Period.

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By D69K, Senior Member on 22nd April 2011, 06:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2011, 08:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
^^ I agree. I did some research into the A8, A9, and core differences again last night. The MSM chip used in the Sensation is a much-modified A8. Qualcomm loves to tinker with the ARM designs.

I do think it's still probably a better chip than the Tegra2, but not the A5/Exy.
1st May 2011, 02:27 AM |#12  
Flag Amaliada
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Well,it really isn't A8 nor A9.We could say Qualcomm has its "own'' architecture.The Snapdragon's first generation(HD2,Desire etc) was very very close to the A8.The second gen Snapdragon is more A9 than A8.Enhanced chipsets,faster memories,larger RAM etc are all part of it.And Qualcomm's were the only single-core chipsets that could boast this much.Overclockable @2+ GHz without getting fried?I am running my Desire HD daily @1.8GHz and it's stable,it doesn't get hot and it feels faster and smoother than everything I have laid hands onto.
I am very excited to see what the Sensation will bring.AND if it'll rival the Galaxy S 2.
2nd May 2011, 02:42 AM |#13  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolis626

Well,it really isn't A8 nor A9.We could say Qualcomm has its "own'' architecture.The Snapdragon's first generation(HD2,Desire etc) was very very close to the A8.The second gen Snapdragon is more A9 than A8.Enhanced chipsets,faster memories,larger RAM etc are all part of it.And Qualcomm's were the only single-core chipsets that could boast this much.Overclockable @2+ GHz without getting fried?I am running my Desire HD daily @1.8GHz and it's stable,it doesn't get hot and it feels faster and smoother than everything I have laid hands onto.
I am very excited to see what the Sensation will bring.AND if it'll rival the Galaxy S 2.

regardless of if it is closer to a9 or not, it's competitors are putting up better benchmarks, so we end up getting shittier hardware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)