I am hesitating if I should
1) buy a G2x from costco with full price and keep my t-zone;
2) sign a new contract to take advantage of the discounted unit price.
If I go with option #1, I will probably end up paying $500+ at front. But the benefit is I gotta keep my lower rate data plan (although I understand T-mobile may or may not force upgrading the data plan to $30/mo)
If I opt for option #2, the until will only costs about $180 after tax. But the lowest 4g unlimited data plan will cost about $20 each month.
I highly doubt if I could keep the t-zone plan and buy a G2x from costco store with contract price...
A simple math may suggest option #2 money wise ( (530-180)/(20-6)=25mon > 2yrs). But I would like to hear others' opinion.
1) If the t-zone can only give a 2.5g internet and performs much slower than the current HSPA+ you can get from the 4g data plan, that could be a deal breaker.
2) Once t-zone is cancelled, probably we will never get it back (well, who know how long t-mobile will stand before merged by ATT?)
3) anything else worth to think about??