FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

T-mobile G2X does support AT&T bands

1,624 posts
Thanks Meter: 581

By flak0, Senior Member on 23rd April 2011, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ill keep this short. There has been a lot of talk lately about tmo lying about the AT&T bands however I am here to prove that our phones are setup and enabled for AT&T . The option to enable is hidden. See below for proof.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to flak0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flak0 Ad-Free

23rd April 2011, 07:57 PM |#2  
Flag Beyond human comprehension
Thanks Meter: 104

More
Suwheeeet! Thanks for posting this flak0
23rd April 2011, 07:59 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flak0

Ill keep this short. There has been a lot of talk lately about tmo lying about the AT&T bands however I am here to prove that our phones are setup and enabled for AT&T . The option to enable is hidden. See below for proof.

not so sweet. this is the fifth time this hidden menu method has been brought up in this forum. The rest are in the original thread regarding the lack of non AWS band support. THIS DOES NOT WORK. At least for now, until someone awesome makes it work.
23rd April 2011, 08:01 PM |#4  
Flag San Francisco, California
Thanks Meter: 37

More
People have been bringing this up over and over again.

Prove it by popping in an AT&T SIM in an unlocked G2x. If it does not work, then there is a lot more to it than a band selection window.
23rd April 2011, 08:02 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pembroke Pines , FL
Thanks Meter: 581

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliximus

not so sweet. this is the fifth time this hidden menu method has been brought up in this forum. The rest are in the original thread regarding the lack of non AWS band support. THIS DOES NOT WORK. At least for now, until someone awesome makes it work.

My question is has anyone sim unlocked their g2x and attempted this ? Also *#*#4636#*#* should do the same under phone info

23rd April 2011, 08:41 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Yes, a number of people have tried it and no go. The belief is that the bands are there but the radios may not even be able to see them or they are simply locked down and can be enabled. I have run into both those scenarios in the past. Whether the lock down comes from AT&T or from T-mo is unknown to my knowledge.
24th April 2011, 02:43 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
After more poking around the Hidden Menu, WCDMA doesn't seem to be supported for AT&T. Thoughts?

I'm unlocked and on AT&T now but only on 2G.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-04-23 21.34.46.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	576519  
24th April 2011, 03:04 AM |#8  
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Guys, this is easy...

THE RADIO DOES NOT SUPPORT UMTS 850/1900 RIGHT NOW!

I can think of several examples (Atrix, Captivate, Inspire "4g") of phones that operate / are supposed to operate at certain speeds or frequencies. They can say on the box that it supports these bands because the hardware is capable of it... we just need the right radio / baseband image.

EG: My captivate gets about ~2mbps down / 1.5 up because I have a different radio image. I think it's the same thing we're looking at here.
24th April 2011, 03:22 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMGeren

Guys, this is easy...

THE RADIO DOES NOT SUPPORT UMTS 850/1900 RIGHT NOW!

I can think of several examples (Atrix, Captivate, Inspire "4g") of phones that operate / are supposed to operate at certain speeds or frequencies. They can say on the box that it supports these bands because the hardware is capable of it... we just need the right radio / baseband image.

EG: My captivate gets about ~2mbps down / 1.5 up because I have a different radio image. I think it's the same thing we're looking at here.

Totally understand this. But, the question is: is it possible with an update? That's the point.
24th April 2011, 03:32 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpie

Totally understand this. But, the question is: is it possible with an update? That's the point.

Yeah, an update to the radio that unlocks those bands, that's if one is released.
24th April 2011, 05:53 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flak0

Off topic, but how are you getting Linpack 49Mflops on the G2x ? I'm getting around 35 each time I run it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)