FORUMS

[APP] WIP MediaMonkey for Android

154 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

Post Reply Email Thread
----Announcement----

Ok, so first the disappointing news, of course as soon as I started planning this application I got swamped by schoolwork and regular work, so there is actually very little done on the project. I still have a lot to learn about Android development itself. So I wholeheartedly apologize if I got anyone's hopes up, etc. I got in way too far over my head and while I don't plan on not doing this it is certainly not going to be done anytime soon. This summer I plan on at least getting some alpha stuff working but then in the fall I'll be starting my first year at the University of Guelph for Software Engineering so we'll see how much I get done. Again I'm deeply sorry if I mislead anyone in my abilities, or the progress of this application

----Overview----

Hey all, I don't know how many of you know about the amazing Windows media player known as MediaMonkey or the variety of features it has (Auto-organize, Tag from web, DLNA support, etc) but thats besides the point. I feel that the one thing this amazing program lacks is a mobile app to go along with it, so with the release of MM4 looming (You can grab the beta here) I've decided that I will develop just such an app. Official support has been given to this project by the MediaMonkey developers and more than enough people have expressed interest in this project so I'm going ahead and starting development! Right now only support for music is planned though video may come eventually as well!

----Planned Features----
  • MM.db sync and merge
  • Non-native codec support (Ogg, Flac, Ape)
  • Basic library managment (Tag with Amazon.com search, media scanner to load non-native codecs)
  • DLNA control point for MM4
  • DLNA renderer for MM4
  • Lockscreen widget with swipe controls
  • Companion MM4 plugin to handle syncing
  • Skin support

The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to BulletproofIdeal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BulletproofIdeal Ad-Free
23rd April 2011, 09:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I for one would be interested. For those who don't know MM, its a program similar to itunes but with way better usability. It syncs great with ipods too!
The Following User Says Thank You to sombody For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sombody Ad-Free
23rd April 2011, 09:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
MM is the best !!
+1 for me too
24th April 2011, 03:42 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
+1 for mediamonkey. It's my media player of choice
24th April 2011, 03:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Well looks like theres definitely some interest here (and on the MediaMonkey forums) and I have support from Peke one of MediaMonkey's developers so this is going ahead. Though I will say development might be a little slow, I have Java experience but I'm still learning programming in general and I've never worked with the Android SDK not to mention I've got school :P however I'll try to get this up and running asap
24th April 2011, 05:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Definately, Wish Mediamonkey would work on my mac
24th April 2011, 05:24 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Don't know how you can live without it lol specially auto-organize with the file monitor (love dropping an album of unorganized songs into my music folder and suddenly its in my proper folder structure with the right filenames)

Sent from my SGH-i897
24th April 2011, 05:26 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Oh also the project basically means that if I can pull it off correctly android users will finally get proper sync support without having to fiddle with the USB_MassStorage.DLL anymore

Sent from my SGH-i897
The Following User Says Thank You to BulletproofIdeal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BulletproofIdeal Ad-Free
24th April 2011, 05:31 AM |#9  
Flag santa clarita
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sounds awesome :)

Sent from my Droid using XDA App
24th April 2011, 07:29 AM |#10  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 9

More
+1 count me in on wanting MM for Android
24th April 2011, 07:31 AM |#11  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
+1 I love media monkey! It would be great to have something like hating my Evo!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)