FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Looking for default Samsung Memo apk

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By skipper2, Junior Member on 26th April 2011, 08:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

Could someone please post the default Fascinate memo.apk so I can reinstall memo on my phone?

Thank you.

26th April 2011, 08:41 PM |#2  
Flag Olathe
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Here yah go
Push this file to /system/app/ through root explorer or adb.
Attached Files
File Type: apk Memo.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.39 MB, 24174 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntredgo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Huntredgo Ad-Free
26th April 2011, 09:55 PM |#3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Just a suggestion, anytime you need to find an app that is included in a rom your able to pull it out. This file could have been pulled from the latest ED01 zip. Open the zip file and go into system/app and extract the app you want. Install by placing app onto sd card then move into system/app using root explorer. You have to make sure permissions are set right - All read boxes checked and top write box check. Then reboot phone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdellingson7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jdellingson7 Ad-Free
27th April 2011, 02:12 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you both so much.

I did not know about pulling apps from a ROM.

I appreciate the help from both of you.
28th July 2011, 12:03 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntredgo

Push this file to /system/app/ through root explorer or adb.

Somehow this hasn't worked for me on a MIUI ROM. I'm fairly experienced with flashing ROMs etc. installing regular and system apks but I've not gotten the memo.apk to "install" on any of the MIUI ROMs. I've done the usual dance of fixing permissions and file ownership etc. after I drop it into /system/app. I probably should be posting this in a MIUI forum/thread but thought you guys might be able to help. Thanks in advance.
28th July 2011, 03:04 AM |#6  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv

Somehow this hasn't worked for me on a MIUI ROM. I'm fairly experienced with flashing ROMs etc. installing regular and system apks but I've not gotten the memo.apk to "install" on any of the MIUI ROMs. I've done the usual dance of fixing permissions and file ownership etc. after I drop it into /system/app. I probably should be posting this in a MIUI forum/thread but thought you guys might be able to help. Thanks in advance.

This is a Samsung apk, so it relies on the touchwiz framework which miui does not have.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
28th July 2011, 06:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papstar

This is a Samsung apk, so it relies on the touchwiz framework which miui does not have.

Thanks. Is there a way to export/retrieve the notes from the app? I have a backup [titanium backup]. Restoring it has worked well on most ROMs for me so was wondering if I could go back to a different (touchwiz) ROM and restore the data and somehow export it as a txt file or something. Or is there a way of pulling out the data from titanium backup database?
29th July 2011, 05:11 AM |#8  
Flag MA
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

Thanks. Is there a way to export/retrieve the notes from the app? I have a backup [titanium backup]. Restoring it has worked well on most ROMs for me so was wondering if I could go back to a different (touchwiz) ROM and restore the data and somehow export it as a txt file or something. Or is there a way of pulling out the data from titanium backup database?

Not to my knowledge. Hopefully someone smarter than I can shed some light.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App
24th November 2011, 03:04 PM |#9  
Flag İzmir
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:

Awaiting the solution...
27th November 2011, 04:34 PM |#10  

More
Please have a try to use T-restore

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App
24th July 2012, 10:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I tried to install this app on an SGS+ i9001.
i9001 already has an Memo app, but is different, it doesn't have sync.
When installing, it said "not installed" and offcourse, it didn't worked.
I guess you need root on the phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)