k0nane and the Android Creative Syndicate present...
"Leaky Gingerbread" ED12
Deodexed, prerooted - RFS ONLY
ACS: From spontaneous ingenuity comes creative brilliance.
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
Chances are you already know what this is - but in case you don't, this is Android 2.3, Gingerbread, for the Samsung Epic 4G. This is Samsung/Sprint's ED12 build - it is not anywhere near final, but it is direct from Samsung/Sprint. We assure you, this is really Gingerbread. As you will see, this is still early in the development process. There are rough edges that Samsung/Sprint have not smoothed out unless in 15 days they have fixed them all.
This is RFS-only. There is no EXT4 support - believe me, we tried to hack it in there for you, but it's just not happening right now. Other devs are welcome to try, but we don't believe it's possible at this point. However, the kernel is rooted, and contains Busybox for your device usage pleasure.
How To Install
) to stock EC05 (download official TAR
), use the CWM2.5 one-click, wipe data/cache three times, and flash the ROM. If you wish to use the ED12 modem, you can flash that through Odin - however, we found it provided no gain, and just caused trouble with 3G data and VVM. The EC05 modem will work fine.
Screenshots - See qbking77's teaser video here!