lithid-cm has incorporated the updated GoogleServicesFramework.apk I FOUND into his Flashable GAPPS Update here:
Just Flash, Wipe Dalvik and Cache, and you are set!
Thanks everyone, for jumping in, flashing, and figuring it out with me! I'm sure this will be incorporated into all 2.3+ roms very, very soon.
(Anyone tried this on 2.2? Its a long shot, but might make some progress if I had testers)
- Switching to the back camera causes a FC. This is probably hardware/lib oriented, so I am not going to chase after this one. If anyone has ideas for how to fix it, I'd be glad to give it a try.
CM7 2.3.3 (7.0, Nightly 57 and 62 Confirmed)
Other ASOP ROMS should work too...
Working w/ Some Issues:
- Some Sense-based ROMs (Fresh, Caulkin, etc) have an issue where the camera will not rotate with the gyro, and Gmail users will see you sideways. Again, no idea what causes this, but open to suggestions.
[KERNEL] Tiamat 4.0.0
I just Wiped completely, installed CM7 (nightly 57) and got it working again from scratch.
The simplified version:
1) Flash 2.3.4-GAPPS from here:
2) Push GoogleServicesFramework.apk to /system/app and set permissions to RWX (Link on the OP)
3) Reboot Recovery, Clear Cache and Dalvik
4) In Android, Manage Applications, Wipe data for GoogleServicesFramework and Google Talk
5) Make a test call, and let me know how it goes.
Worked FLAWLESSLY for me on CM7 2.3.3 (57)
If I get more responses, Ill start a more detailed thread (with Flashable ZIPs and whatnot) so that more people can get access to this.
I am running option #1 below with a few modifications:
I took a stock 2.3.4 ROM from the NEXUS S forum (where they have gTalk working courtesy of google) and unpacked
I pushed the following to /system/app with standard app permissions:
Reboot to recovery, wipe dalvik and cache, and POW
Working Video Chat!
I don't know which APK fixed it, but i know they were patched in the 2.3.4 update... and it is working...
I don't have time to look into it right now... but feel free to give it a try on other ROMS and let me know how it goes.
1. Incoming calls are received!
2. Outgoing Calls connect, and Video is Transmitted!
1. Switching to rear camera STILL FC's (prob a camera driver, not software)
Google Talk Video/Voice Chat Finally working...
UPDATE: There are now quite a few methods for installing Google Talk 1.3 (with video chat):
1. Flash the 2.3.4 Stock Gingerbread Port by lithid-cm (which I find to be the most reliable... and Stable!) and the latest GAPPS
3. Flash the latest GAPPS from the above post onto any Gingerbread based system (2.3+) which still FC's for me sometimes
2. Install the APK and modify permissions manually (I have had limited luck with this method... FC's sometimes)
3. Flash the GTALK.zip package from this post. I have not tried it but some people have had results
If anyone figures anything else out, please let me know.