Batterytime on the U8800?

56 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By sebgus, Member on 29th April 2011, 05:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I am going to buy a Huawei U8800 soon but I am wondering about the battery time, how good is it?

Could you please post a report over your usage and how long the battery held.

Thanks!

// Sebgus
29th April 2011, 07:21 PM |#2  
Flag Vantaa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Pretty standard for smartphone.

With heavy use - from charger at morning, to charger at evening. With easier use battery will last for 36-48 hours.
29th April 2011, 09:33 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
And then I guess you use apps like facebook & twitter that updates all the time?

EDIT: On the homescreen I meant
30th April 2011, 06:59 AM |#4  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I may have a faulty unit, but my battery time on my X5 is bad, almost to the point where I want to sell it.With a full charge,GPS,Bluetooth and WiFi turned off and minimal usage throughout the day I'm at 10% by 8pm.
30th April 2011, 07:15 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
power121212:

That doesn't sound that good! But it seems like the quality on the batteries shipped with the U8800 shift very much? Some get a decent 2 days with normal usage and some are fully charged in the morning and then almost empty at the evening.
Shouldn't warranty cover that?

I would like more reports please, want to figure out how good quality they have. Maybe can do a template:

Date on purchase:
Batterytime w normal usage:
Activities, normal usage (what did you do):
Batterytime w heavy usage:
Activities, heavy usage:

Thanks!
30th April 2011, 10:08 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I'd just like to point out that you CANNOT rely on the battery meter to give you an accurate reading for the battery capacity. If your phone drops a few % very quickly then you need to remove batterystats.bin and power cycle the device a few times. Initially when I got mine it went 'flat' quite fast telling me to plug in but when it hit 0% it then shot back up to 30%, since the remaining capacity would have been recalculated.

The battery life is good. It is a large battery for this size of device (1500mAh) the HTC Vision has a 1300mAh (more or less the same hardware). Just be smart about how you use it, don't keep over 9000 widgets on you home screens terminate apps completely, don't leave wifi/gps/3g on unneccessarily (it only takes a few seconds to reenable them in settings)
30th April 2011, 10:21 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I agree to Poulsen8r .too much running appz on your phone may cause the battery empty fast.I suggest to monitor all those running appz and turn it off if unneeded.
30th April 2011, 10:25 AM |#8  
Flag Macau
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulsen8r

I'd just like to point out that you CANNOT rely on the battery meter to give you an accurate reading for the battery capacity. If your phone drops a few % very quickly then you need to remove batterystats.bin and power cycle the device a few times. Initially when I got mine it went 'flat' quite fast telling me to plug in but when it hit 0% it then shot back up to 30%, since the remaining capacity would have been recalculated.

The battery life is good. It is a large battery for this size of device (1500mAh) the HTC Vision has a 1300mAh (more or less the same hardware). Just be smart about how you use it, don't keep over 9000 widgets on you home screens terminate apps completely, don't leave wifi/gps/3g on unneccessarily (it only takes a few seconds to reenable them in settings)

Agree. And it greatly depends on your location as well, I mean your battery would definitely last longer if u're sitting besides a strong cell tower all day without finding, detecting and re-connecting cell towers.
30th April 2011, 11:07 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:

Could you please elaborate further on how you recalibrated your batterystats? I followed a guide but it didn't help really, maybe did something wrong.
30th April 2011, 11:19 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
Quote:

Do you do anything special in a power cycle?

Quote:

Yeah, the battery is large and nice. I will try to take it easy with the widgets, even if they are tempting. Leaving wifi and gps on is just waste of battery imo, so no worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplistian

Agree. And it greatly depends on your location as well, I mean your battery would definitely last longer if u're sitting besides a strong cell tower all day without finding, detecting and re-connecting cell towers.

Yeah, I live in a quite big city. So no problemo there
30th April 2011, 11:21 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasha

Could you please elaborate further on how you recalibrated your batterystats? I followed a guide but it didn't help really, maybe did something wrong.

Make sure your phone is fully charged and plugged into pc then:

start terminal/cmd

adb shell
rm /data/system/batterystats.bin
reboot

Unplug your phone and let it discharge WITHOUT TOUCHING IT as long as possible ideally until its empty. Then charge FULLY and discharge again. Then it should be fairly accurate and consistent (no sudden drops pf 10% in 10mins).
The Following User Says Thank You to Poulsen8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Poulsen8r Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)